View Full Version : The inevitable finally happened

DirtyBoy
May 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Last night I was heading eastbound in the right lane getting ready to turn right into a shopping center. As I was was slowing down, a car in the westbound turning lane (making a left into the same plaza) decided to make the turn in front of me rather that wait a few seconds. I was able to go around the back of her car and made the turn. As I was pulling in I saw her arm go out the window making a "WTF" gesture. She was driving on a curved road that leads to the front of the store and I was riding beside her were the parking spaces are following the directional arrow. I threw up my hand and said "What the hell is your problem, you're the one that almost hit me". I was coming to a complete stop where that meets the curved part of the road where she was. She was in front of me at that point (right side of her car was to the front of my bike) and deliberatley turned to the right and hit me causing me to drop the bike on the right side. Other than a sore right knee i'm ok. The bike has a cracked uppercowling, scracthed left cowling, bent rear brake lever, scratched exhaust, scraped up bar end and brake lever. My helmet is also scuffed from where my head hit the ground.

tjkamper
May 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Good thing you were wearing a helmet. I'm glad you're alright. Hope you can get your bike fixed up soon. That is the main reason whenever someone does something stupid I get as far away from them as I can. Following them only gets you in trouble. If they made one stupid move, they will probably make another. Good drivers may make a mistake now and then, but most of the time the stupid moves are bad habits, not accidents.

Did you get her plates and get a police report?

How is your neck? I was in a bad car accident about 9 years ago (stupid lady rearended the car behind me and totaled all three cars at a stoplight). I don't like people who cry whiplash, but that scronny piece of flesh holding my enormous head on my sholders has never been the same.

optikal
May 29th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Man, that is cruel!
Hope she good booked for assault with a deadly weapon!

capt_bugaloo
May 29th, 2009, 01:04 PM
She was in front of me at that point (right side of her car was to the front of my bike) and deliberatley turned to the right and hit me causing me to drop the bike on the right side.
Then what happened?

DirtyBoy
May 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
My neck feels fine. No police report was made because it was on private property. All I have is an incident number that just shows that they came out. She wasn't charged with anything because she immediatley stopped after she hit me . If she would have kept going or tried to run me over after I went down then she would have been screwed. She told the cops she felt threatened by me and didn't know she hit me until she saw me lay the bike down. I wasn't following her, I was just trying to get to the store.

CC Cowboy
May 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Next time don't say a word and when they get out of the car cold cock the driver. You'd be surprised how satisfying it is.

tjkamper
May 29th, 2009, 01:15 PM
will it by on her insurance? Those plastics are not cheap.

Snake
May 29th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I realy hate that that happened to you. Some cagers like that feel as if they own the road.
I don't like the title of your thread "the inevitable finaly happened." I feel all accidents are avoidable. We just have to give stupid drivers like that extra room.

tjkamper
May 29th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Next time don't say a word and when they get out of the car cold cock the driver. You'd be surprised how satisfying it is.

:rotflmao:
Yeah that kinda only works if it's a dude. If not there is some level of restraint that must be shown.

DirtyBoy
May 29th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Then what happened? A yelling match. Then i told her to move her car so I could pick up my bike up. She pulled into a parking spot and we both called the cops. I walked up to her car to ask if she had already called the cops and began yelling at me to get away from her car because she felt threatened by me. I said "You feel threatened by me? You hit me with your car you dumb bitch". Then the psycho covered her ear (had a phone to her other ear) and tilted her head back so i walked to my bike and waited for the fuzz to show up. The first officer that showed up talked to her for a minute then he came over to me and asked what happened. Both stories matched up, so the officer got her insurance information for me and got mine for hers. Then were were sent on our way. All that just because I wanted to go get the new issue of Sport Rider:rolleyes:

DirtyBoy
May 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I realy hate that that happened to you. Some cagers like that feel as if they own the road.
I don't like the title of your thread "the inevitable finaly happened." I feel all accidents are avoidable. We just have to give stupid drivers like that extra room.
I meant inevitable in the sense that I had to deal with an idiot. I agree, I could have avoided the situation by staying way back but I never thought someone would go out of thier way to hit me on purpose. Lesson learned.

DirtyBoy
May 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
will it by on her insurance? Those plastics are not cheap. I am going to put it on my insurance and have them go after hers. I know that because it was on private property it will be a PITA to deal with, so this would be an easier route for me. The repair estimate is $1,115.01 from the dealer. Helmet is $638.92. My GSXR exhaust was also damaged, so I went to a Suzuki dealer to see how much the stock can is. They gave me a price of $1169 otd. :eek:

DirtyBoy
May 29th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Next time don't say a word and when they get out of the car cold cock the driver. You'd be surprised how satisfying it is. I can't hit a chick. I'll shake the $hit out of one though j/k.

Cali619
May 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
bummer that happened to you. Even if a driver is at fault I would just get the heck away from them. Road rage is stupid but happens and im fortunate to be in a city where I would say 90% of the people in a car are aware of motorcycles and will actually make space for me to split a lane. As far as coming toward a car pulling out into my lane I always have the mind set that they dont see me until I see them looking right at me, ill give a friendly wave to let them know "thanks for seeing me and not running me over".

Cali619
May 29th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I can't hit a chick. I'll shake the $hit out of one though j/k.

eeeew better bring some toilet paper if you do that though ;)

Flashmonkey
May 29th, 2009, 03:32 PM

You shoulda beat the living daylights out of her car then! :D

DirtyBoy
May 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
You shoulda beat the living daylights out of her car then! :D Not worth it. It was a POS 1988 Lincoln Continental. I doubt anyone would care too much about it.

eddylz18
May 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM
hope ur ok bro
but i get u i was in a hit and run three weaks ago
that B.... cliped me and he got on the fwy

CC Cowboy
May 29th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I would never hit a lady either (but not all females are ladies). You could always draw a mustash and sideburns on the girl then whack away.

beowuff
June 1st, 2009, 01:19 PM
Well, I think you have more restraint then me. I would have told the cops I wanted to press charges for attempted murder from her hitting your bike. There's no way she "did't see you" the second time. She made a "WTF" gesture before hitting you, right? Seems pretty deliberate to me!

Anyway, glad you all had insurance, so the bike (and you!) will be taken care of.

miks
June 1st, 2009, 11:46 PM
Glad to hear that your okay. Hope all goes well.

But if it was me, I would have opened a can of whoop ass on her and her car!

CC Cowboy
June 2nd, 2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah that kinda only works if it's a dude. If not there is some level of restraint that must be shown.

You shoulda beat the living daylights out of her car then! :D

That reminds me of the joke "what do you tell an asshole. loser, jerk with two black eyes"?

Nothing, you already told them twice.

addy126
June 2nd, 2009, 07:00 AM

Travis.... females are always whining about equality! Don't let the female "wiles" catch you off guard.....nor the tears and fear excuse that crops up when they know they are in the wrong...I know my own kind... you guys need to toughen up and give them that equality they moan about so much "one small tap" will do it when it comes to running a motorbike down! I have more trouble with women cutting me off, crowding me over, illegal merges and left turns then"flashing the bird" after their incessant violations of driving laws. U shudda just returned a little later and covertly keyed the car anyway just for that moment of "revenge".... oh yeah and for all those that have "done me" on the roadways, here... :flipthebird: ... take that!

CC Cowboy
June 2nd, 2009, 07:03 AM
I still like the idea of smashing the driver's side mirror. Let her explain that to the hubby when she gets home.

addy126
June 2nd, 2009, 07:15 AM
I still like the idea of smashing the driver's side mirror. Let her explain that to the hubby when she gets home.

"An eye for an eye" is a good thing no matter how it is doled out.. <grin> :thumbup:

Cali619
June 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Travis.... females are always whining about equality! Don't let the female "wiles" catch you off guard.....nor the tears and fear excuse that crops up when they know they are in the wrong...I know my own kind... you guys need to toughen up and give them that equality they moan about so much "one small tap" will do it when it comes to running a motorbike down! I have more trouble with women cutting me off, crowding me over, illegal merges and left turns then"flashing the bird" after their incessant violations of driving laws. U shudda just returned a little later and covertly keyed the car anyway just for that moment of "revenge".... oh yeah and for all those that have "done me" on the roadways, here... :flipthebird: ... take that!

I have never hit(closed fist) or slapped(except booty) a woman before, I do admit I sometimes will playfully wrestle one down to pin them and... oh wait this thread is about something else...

Yeah I dont think I would hit a girl unless I knew it was life or death, but if intentionally trying to hit me with the car qualifies... :runaway:

TrueFaith
June 2nd, 2009, 07:34 AM
You're on a bike and she's driving a boat of a Continental and she feels threatened? I doubt I would have gotten myself in that situation. Whenever I see a driver doing anything even slightly weird in front of me I back way off. You have no idea what some of these asshats on the road are capable of and they WILL surprise you with their stupidity if you get close enough to give them a chance. But intentionally hitting you with her car? If that had happened to me it would have taken every bit of restraint I had not to punch her lights out right there, female or not. :mad:

cifex
June 2nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
http://www.motorcyclists-against-dumb-drivers.com

Don't let her pull that ****. Press charges.

addy126
June 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
http://www.motorcyclists-against-dumb-drivers.com

Don't let her pull that ****. Press charges.

Thanx for that link.

Chamus57
June 2nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
That SUCKS!!! I'm gald you are okay and sorry the bike got bent up. I am for the idea to press charges.

Nickds7
June 2nd, 2009, 09:48 PM
You need to get an attorney. Prove it was deliberate by her already seeing you and making intimidating gestures and then hit you. She was probably trying to scare you with her car and then accidentally hit you. Go after her, if you think this is the case.

miks
June 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm with Nick, you should go after her ... with a chainsaw!

cifex
June 3rd, 2009, 04:49 AM
Call me crazy but I am pretty sure when you press criminal charges, you go to the police, they perform an investigation. Not sure what you would need an attorney for unless you're talking about civil court. In all likelihood the DA would decide not to prosecute based on lack of evidence, but at least the experience would be as unpleasant for the bitch as possible.

noche_caliente
June 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Sadly, without witnesses, it's his word against hers - I doubt we'll see a favorable outcome
Posted via Mobile Device

Nickds7
June 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
Call me crazy but I am pretty sure when you press criminal charges, you go to the police, they perform an investigation. Not sure what you would need an attorney for unless you're talking about civil court. In all likelihood the DA would decide not to prosecute based on lack of evidence, but at least the experience would be as unpleasant for the bitch as possible.

Yes I was talking about civil.