View Full Version : Newbie from PA

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Hello everyone! I'm a noob, looking to get into biking. I haven't picked out a bike yet, but I still wanted to get everyone's opinions on certain things. I'm nice I swear lol and kinda easy to talk to. So if anyone in the PA area is looking for a riding buddy, I'm a good candidate :)

Jiggles
December 11th, 2014, 06:27 AM
:welcome: KawasakiKy! Glad to have you aboard...

csmith12
December 11th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Welcome Ky!

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Haha Thanks a lot!! :)

cbinker
December 11th, 2014, 08:29 AM
oh, hello, welcome to the forum!

CC Cowboy
December 11th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Hello everyone! I'm a noob, looking to get into biking. I haven't picked out a bike yet, but I still wanted to get everyone's opinions on certain things. I'm nice I swear lol and kinda easy to talk to. So if anyone in the PA area is looking for a riding buddy, I'm a good candidate :)

I swear too. It's fun!

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Hey guys!!! Thank you for welcoming me. How long have you guys been riding for?!?

Geezer-60
December 11th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Hey and welcome! Nice to see folks from PA! I just started in October so I'm about half a step ahead. Best wishes to you going forward!

kdogg2077
December 11th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the forum. I live about an hour from you and I've been riding for about a year on my Ninja 250.

Riding season is pretty much done in PA but this is a great time to get a good deal on a used bike! I'm pretty happy with my Ninja 250 as my first bike. Definitely go used.

You shouldn't have a hard time finding people to ride with in State College. I've seen plenty of people with bikes up there. Maybe in the spring I'll see you there.:)

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Hey and welcome! Nice to see folks from PA! I just started in October so I'm about half a step ahead. Best wishes to you going forward!

Hello fellow PA bike rider!! :) Best wishes to you also! How was your first couple of months?!

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the forum. I live about an hour from you and I've been riding for about a year on my Ninja 250.

Riding season is pretty much done in PA but this is a great time to get a good deal on a used bike! I'm pretty happy with my Ninja 250 as my first bike. Definitely go used.

You shouldn't have a hard time finding people to ride with in State College. I've seen plenty of people with bikes up there. Maybe in the spring I'll see you there.:)

Lol yeah I assumed riding season was pretty much done after this month! Good to hear that, are you thinking about updating soon? Being new, I'm a little nervous about riding with others, but I'll get over it. Maybe you will :)

ninjamunky85
December 11th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Hey guys!!! Thank you for welcoming me. How long have you guys been riding for?!?

Welcome KawasakiKy. :wave:

Despite this forum being dedicated to the smallest of the ninjas there are actually a lot of experienced riders here. For example I bought my first 250 one week before I turned 19.

Can't believe that was almost 10 years ago now. :happy130:

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Welcome KawasakiKy. :wave:

Despite this forum being dedicated to the smallest of the ninjas there are actually a lot of experienced riders here. For example I bought my first 250 one week before I turned 19.

Can't believe that was almost 10 years ago now. :happy130:

Thank you!!! :) Wow, that is a long time, I'm glad you are still riding!!

ninjamunky85
December 11th, 2014, 09:44 AM
At this point it's in my blood,.. it's part of who I am. I'll be riding until I am physically no longer able, which hopefully will be many years, and miles, down the road. :thumbup:

allanoue
December 11th, 2014, 09:56 AM
http://mcneillelementarypto.digitalpto.com/files/2013/10/welcome_hey.jpg KY take the MSF! it is free.
I go up there every football weekend, but tailgating and riding do not mix so... I have been riding since 2010 (my midlife celebration)

subxero
December 11th, 2014, 10:02 AM
KY take the MSF! it is free.

I go up there every football weekend, but tailgating and riding do not mix so... I have been riding since 2010 (my midlife celebration)

Welcome and This ^^^^^^^

Sirref
December 11th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I'm so jealous of PA msf being free, it's $300 here :'(

you get it back in lower insurance but it still sucks when you're trying to buy a bike and gear too

LittleRedNinjette
December 11th, 2014, 01:09 PM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/058/9/f/Welcome_Sign___PLZ_by_Mirz123.gif and +1 on taking the FREE MSF! :thumbup:

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 01:27 PM
http://mcneillelementarypto.digitalpto.com/files/2013/10/welcome_hey.jpg KY take the MSF! it is free.

I know I have to wait until next April to take it, but I'm so glad its free. Haha RVs and motorcycles def don't mix on busy football weekends. Yay!! Congrats, I hope you still love it :)

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 01:28 PM

you get it back in lower insurance but it still sucks when you're trying to buy a bike and gear too

Ahhh yeah that would suck to pay for :/ but at least the insurance goes down

KawasakiKy
December 11th, 2014, 01:29 PM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/058/9/f/Welcome_Sign___PLZ_by_Mirz123.gif and +1 on taking the FREE MSF! :thumbup:

Thank you!!! :) More like x100000 for free msf course

LittleRedNinjette
December 11th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Yup! I had to pay almost $300 for mine back in 2012. But at least us Jersey folks don't have to get the bikes inspected or pay for the cars. :p

Geezer-60
December 11th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Hello fellow PA bike rider!! :) Best wishes to you also! How was your first couple of months?!

Good so far! Did the MSF course, got a used bike, taking it slow riding in the neighborhood so far. (It got cold so quick only got 2 weeks in) Check out the MSF program if you haven't already, http://www.pamsp.com It's free, casual, comfortable and they provide the bike! It's great! My class was 50/50 men and women and no one was a butt head. Great experience, probably saved me from my first wreck as I had lots of bad habits to get over. One more piece of advice, Don't let anyone push you beyond your comfort level. Not on the size of the bike, the speed you ride at, or the roads you ride on. Take it easy and you'll be fine :)

snot
December 11th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Welcome

dcj13
December 11th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Yup! I had to pay almost $300 for mine back in 2012. But at least us Jersey folks don't have to get the bikes inspected or pay for the cars. :p

You guys get free cars?

Finesse
December 11th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Hey neighbor, kinda, I'm in MD. Well, right on the border of MD and DC, so I guess you are a ways off... if you ever make your way down here, hit me up! We have a nice little group here who are great to ride around with.

I take it you go to Penn State?

In answer to your question I've been riding for 18 months and have only accumulated about 6,000 miles but they're on 39 different bikes :p The Ninjette is the perfect choice for a beginner, you've found the right place.

LittleRedNinjette
December 12th, 2014, 05:52 AM
You guys get free cars?

HA! i wish. No i was referring to inspection. :p

NevadaWolf
December 12th, 2014, 08:23 AM
:welcome: to our little corner of the internet!

You definitely need to share with us your stories as you start riding. I love listening as someone is starting out, brings all the excitement back from my first few months of riding. :)

subxero
December 12th, 2014, 09:12 AM

Yeah, I forget what I paid to take it at HCC rider school, probably something like $300 :( Moved to PA 1 year later, should have just road dirty for a year :dancecool:

Since moving to PA I wanted to take the Advanced coarse... it's free :dancecool: why not? but they only offer it a few times a year and I haven't been able to swing it. Maybe sooner or later.

Ptdoughnut
December 12th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome!

I haven't every ridden in PA but I spend a small amount of time there playing Paintball, You guys are pretty lucky for the scenery it would be a lovely place to ride. Start with what you're comfortable with and don't be afraid to blow people up with questions.

KJohnson21
December 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

KawasakiKy
December 13th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks again to everyone for welcoming me!! You guys are honestly the best :)

KawasakiKy
December 13th, 2014, 03:08 PM
:welcome: to our little corner of the internet!

You definitely need to share with us your stories as you start riding. I love listening as someone is starting out, brings all the excitement back from my first few months of riding. :)

Haha I def will!! I was thinking about starting a MotoVlog so you guys can see what I was doing and give me advice...but that won't be until next month!

Snake
December 15th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Hello and welcome.

fry1024
January 8th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Hi and welcome. You sound like a lot of fun. When riding season starts up for you, begin you vlog, we'd love to see.

KawasakiKy
January 9th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks guys!! I'll make sure I do :)

Kiid-_-Buru
January 15th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Hey welcome aboard Ky, im also somewhat a newbie as well, i rode bike before but my first time with a kawasaki ninja 250 in the states, and im from PA too. glad to have you aboard...

kevn
January 26th, 2015, 11:31 PM
KawasakiKy glad to see another Penn Stater!:bounce: I owned a 08' 250 back when I was in school. I practiced a lot up in the mountains nearby campus. Man I miss the roads out there. :)

Urban Ninja
January 27th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Always love seeing chicks interested in joining the bike fam....girl power! :)

KawasakiKy
February 13th, 2015, 05:16 AM
I know I haven't been on lately, but thanks guys!!!