View Full Version : Dallas, Texas twisties..

Pilot16
May 31st, 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm in the frisco/carrollton and don't really know of any good roads to hit up besides FM 455 in celina/aubrey. I'm a bit bored with that one and was hoping some fellow dallas peeps might know of a couple other spots??

xTKx
June 1st, 2009, 08:26 AM
Broom (Jon) is in Dallas, you might want to try asking him...

Broom
June 1st, 2009, 08:36 AM
theres a few good roads out north east of town, but to really link them together in any efficient way you gotta be with some one who knows.

if you're interested in doing that kind of riding then i recomend you check out the TSBA (texas sport bike association). they go out every sunday morning to ride the twisties, and they go on yearly rides through arkanasas (amazing). plus, they have club tire changers that you can use for free.... that alone is worth the 20 bucks it costs to join the club.

go to their site, tsba.org i think, and figure out where and when they have the monthly meeting and just show up and talk to some people. they're a pretty good and responsible group... ex: they won't let anyone ride with them without full gear.

Snake
June 1st, 2009, 09:11 AM
Maybe we can have our next rally in Dallas after you learn where the twisties are so we can join ya.

Pilot16
June 1st, 2009, 09:52 AM
Well i'm really not looking for a huge group ride with bigger bikes, but maybe i'll shoot them an email seeing what roads they use cause I'm decent with google maps and could probably make it work.

Broom
June 1st, 2009, 10:02 AM
i'd still recomend going to the meeting and chatting it up with some of the guys. there might be some more 250 guys in the group.... plus they usually split the ride into a fast group and slow group, so theres never any pressure to keep up with anyone if you do decided to go on a ride with them.