View Full Version : Integrated Tail Light Group Buy

noche_caliente
June 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone - I've PM'd with Carl and am willing to coordinate the group buy. Please add your name to the list if you are definitely in on the group buy. Once I have numbers and we can get shipping prices from Carl, I'll find out the exact total for everyone. The total will be in the $125 ballpark I think, but this depends on shipping from Australia.
Discounted price is $139.95AUD (112.00USD)

If you are interested in the Integrated Tail Light that BikeMonkey has made available, please add your name to the group buy. Serious commitments only!

All sold! Stay tuned for round 2 :)

Total price including shipping will be $128 each. PM me your e-mail address so I can send you an invoice for payment please :)

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=63889#post63889

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail1.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail2.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail3.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail4.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail5.JPG

Contact sales@bikemonkey.com.au to be informed of the next batch available

anjWfKo6GUk

Oh n` heres my rear seat. took a while 2 find it..

Think this link is in here sumwhere. remeber just finished the instal few hours ago, just a short vid. need a better camera.

anjWfKo6GUk

More Images.....

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail7.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail8.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail9.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail10.JPG

heres the 2nd take in HD on the tail light http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7u31hsgrP0
G7u31hsgrP0

1. Andrewwoo
2. BlueNinja
3. k-os
4. M-Oorb
5. postie1686
6. Tims250R
7. Chamus57
8. Ken08Ninja
9. 09250r
10. Army Aviator
11. SexiMexi88
12. DsmRacing
13. TheGoodLyfe
14. momaru
15. Ohh Snap

k-os
June 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM
Add me to the list.

Duvivr6
June 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM
does it light the license plate also?

M-Oorb
June 2nd, 2009, 06:05 AM
I'm in most def
Posted via Mobile Device

randomwalk101
June 2nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
noche caliente, can you contact him and get us the exact total? Also, how do we pay? Paypal?

noche_caliente
June 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
The exact total will depend on how many are ordered - shipping for 1 is $30 Australian, so I'll divide that up between the number who order, and then there will be the shipping cost from me to you which I hope will be no more than $10
Posted via Mobile Device

randomwalk101
June 2nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
The exact total will depend on how many are ordered - shipping for 1 is $30 Australian, so I'll divide that up between the number who order, and then there will be the shipping cost from me to you which I hope will be no more than $10
Posted via Mobile Device

so you're saying if 10 people ordered, shipping will be $30 x10 + $10 x 10 = $400 for 10 people --> $40 per person shipping?

Alex
June 2nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
I think she's saying that the $30 for one from australia will be less per unit when she orders a bunch at once. Perhaps $100 total (# pulled out of thin air, but you get the idea). The expectation is that sending 'em all over in one batch to the US and then sending them out individually from the US to the US will be much cheaper than everyone paying for shipping from Oz.

kkim
June 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
...then there will be the shipping cost from me to you which I hope will be no more than $10
Posted via Mobile Device

USPS flat rate box. :thumbup:

noche_caliente
June 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
I think she's saying that the $30 for one from australia will be less per unit when she orders a bunch at once. Perhaps $100 total (# pulled out of thin air, but you get the idea). The expectation is that sending 'em all over in one batch to the US and then sending them out individually from the US to the US will be much cheaper than everyone paying for shipping from Oz.

Alex is exactly right. I'm not sure what the total shipping amount from Australia will be, but it will be less than the $30 per person, and I'm hoping to ship them out in the Medium Flat-Rate box at $9.85 each.

postie1686
June 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
im in i would like 1 please!

Tims250R
June 3rd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Im in Put me down for 1....

mxnello
June 3rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
now need time to install, looks nice and decent instructions, will clean up rear nicely!

Ohh Snap
June 3rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
does it only come in clear?

Bikemonkey
June 3rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
now need time to install, looks nice and decent instructions, will clean up rear nicely!

It's plug and play, with the exception of two wires for turn signals (if you want that option). You need little or no experience.

Cheers
Carl

Bikemonkey
June 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
does it only come in clear?

Yes we only manufacture crystal clear lens at the moment. We may do smoked versions later but at the moment it's a struggle to keep up with demand

Ohh Snap
June 3rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Yes we only manufacture crystal clear lens at the moment. We may do smoked versions later but at the moment it's a struggle to keep up with demand

Great, im guessing its very easy to lamin-x it.

watcanido
June 3rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
Is there anything else needed to install these on a 250R? like resistors or relays?

Chamus57
June 3rd, 2009, 11:07 PM
I'm in.

Ken08Ninja
June 4th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Put me down for one.

noche_caliente
June 6th, 2009, 07:54 AM
bump

Ohh Snap
June 6th, 2009, 08:50 AM
how long does the shipping take?

09250r
June 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Put me down for one.

Army Aviator
June 6th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I'm in on this.

randomwalk101
June 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Woohooo..someone is going to get rich :D

NewRider12
June 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM
waiting for some installed pics..

noche_caliente
June 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Jesse - look up at the top - those are all installed pics - or click on the linked threads

NewRider12
June 6th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Jesse - look up at the top - those are all installed pics - or click on the linked threads

yeah i want to see some pics of members with these installed rather then the original pics..

M-Oorb
June 6th, 2009, 02:52 PM
There is a member who has them from AU who has no affiliation with the company who has posted some install pics
Posted via Mobile Device

noche_caliente
June 7th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Bumping - only 3 more available!

Seximexi88
June 7th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Never done anything like this. But definitely interested! Can someone let me know how to go about getting in on this? It would really be appreciated!

kkim
June 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
send a PM to noche_caliente. :)

mxnello
June 7th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Installed mine this weekend [Fri and 1/2 day on Sat] plug and play, but time is needed to cut fender, mod bungee clips, plate mounting etc. All said and done 3 hours total, taking my time and neatly doing all the needed mods. Looks really good will have some pics soon.

mxnello
June 7th, 2009, 11:09 AM
you will need these also, as unit will not blink with stock relay, got mine at NAPA 30 bucks this also needed to be modded as it does not fit in stock position, it is a bit longer.

noche_caliente
June 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
you will need these also, as unit will not blink with stock relay, got mine at NAPA 30 bucks this also needed to be modded as it does not fit in stock position, it is a bit longer.

yup - here's a pic of one:
We are getting some plug-and-play ones made up at the moment. Kawasaki changed the pin arrangement for the new Ninja. The stock Flasher Relay is located under the seat, left hand side....
http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/DSC00629.JPG
I would suggest you disconnect your stock flasher relay and take it to your local Auto Mart. Ask for an LED Relay than handles 1-100 LED's. These are more readily available in the US than elsewhere and shouldn't cost more than $10.

Cheers

noche_caliente
June 7th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Total cost with shipping factored in is $128. PM me your e-mail address so I can send you an invoice for payment :)
Thanks!

noche_caliente
June 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
:bump:

DsmRacing
June 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
:bump:

Count me in, sent a pm!
Posted via Mobile Device

ak_907_ak
June 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
So what are the steps for the install? If it's not too complicated i might buy one.

TheGoodLyfe
June 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Im so tempted to pick these up even though I don't have my bike haha! Just to make sure, these will fit the 09's right?

tinng321
June 8th, 2009, 07:57 PM
i can still use my stock blinkers along with the intergrated blinker?

Pilotpete
June 8th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I thought some of you might like to hear from someone who has put one of these on their bike. i have had mine for about 2 weeks now. I was quite hesitant with putting it on the bike as i had no idea what i was doing but in the end it was extremely easy and everything just fits into place. I only want it as a brake light so therefore didn't have to much around with any of the flasher stuff. In total it took me about 30 minutes and i think it looks great.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5094/010620092733.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=010620092733.jpg)

noche_caliente
June 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Im so tempted to pick these up even though I don't have my bike haha! Just to make sure, these will fit the 09's right?

They will fit. As long as you don't go crazy, there's nothing wrong with having a few goodies waiting for your new bike - I did :)

noche_caliente
June 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM

yup - you sure can - I asked that question too in the other thread

noche_caliente
June 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I thought some of you might like to hear from someone who has put one of these on their bike. i have had mine for about 2 weeks now. I was quite hesitant with putting it on the bike as i had no idea what i was doing but in the end it was extremely easy and everything just fits into place. I only want it as a brake light so therefore didn't have to much around with any of the flasher stuff. In total it took me about 30 minutes and i think it looks great.
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5094/010620092733.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=010620092733.jpg)

Thanks for the feedback Peter!

noche_caliente
June 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Angel - Carl plans to ship out next Monday so long as I get him the money by Friday

noche_caliente
June 8th, 2009, 08:46 PM
So what are the steps for the install? If it's not too complicated i might buy one.

Nico - read through the other thread, there's a bit more info there :)

Seximexi88
June 8th, 2009, 08:47 PM
When should we be expecting to receive these? Sry don't mean to be impatient, I'm just really excited.

Seximexi88
June 8th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Awesome Kim, Thanx!!! You've been such a great help.:)

noche_caliente
June 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Installed mine this weekend [Fri and 1/2 day on Sat] plug and play, but time is needed to cut fender, mod bungee clips, plate mounting etc. All said and done 3 hours total, taking my time and neatly doing all the needed mods. Looks really good will have some pics soon.
any progress on the pics?
Can you elaborate on what you had to cut on the fender, bungee clips, plate? Was that part of your fender elim to get rid of the stock blinkers?
What was the process for installing the light - there have been some questions...

Thanks!

TheGoodLyfe
June 8th, 2009, 11:50 PM
They will fit. As long as you don't go crazy, there's nothing wrong with having a few goodies waiting for your new bike - I did :)

If by going crazy you mean picking this up then COUNT ME IN! Will send pm as well Kim. Thank you all :thumbup:

bae13
June 9th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Hold the fone people!!! Im not understanding why people are having to cut fenders and so on.. This is a direct replacement part. (identical to the OEM rear light.) no need for ANY CUTTING!!!! I installed this on my bike without a hitch! as for the indicator lights 2 wires only need to be fitted.Each the blue and yellow wires go to the hot side of the indicator cable. the earth is left blank. Cos it takes the earth from the black wire at the back of tail light. any Q's please ask. im more than happy 2 help.

bae13
June 9th, 2009, 03:46 AM

Sure you can, just splice the 2 wires, blue and the yellow into the green of each side. If you do that, u dont need any resistors or new flasher cans. because the load from the stock lights will do the job.

bae13
June 9th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Just finished the DIY. let us know what u think..

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21581

Bikemonkey
June 9th, 2009, 03:51 AM

Cut Fender :eek: ........ I'm interested to know why you cut your fender?

bae13
June 9th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Yes Yes, do tell.. or show.. Can u take a pic of the problem piece?

randomwalk101
June 9th, 2009, 05:23 AM
what the heck...just for the fun of it..I'm in.
Please sign me up for one :D

Momaru
June 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Count me in, been itching to get rid of those stalks!

randomwalk101
June 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
i think we got 15 yooo!!!! :D

unowned
June 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
im in! (fyi i live in toronto)

noche_caliente
June 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM
All sold. Stay tuned for round 2! :)

NJD022588
June 9th, 2009, 01:38 PM

Hold the fone people!!! Im not understanding why people are having to cut fenders and so on.. This is a direct replacement part. (identical to the OEM rear light.) no need for ANY CUTTING!!!! I installed this on my bike without a hitch!

Cut Fender :eek: ........ I'm interested to know why you cut your fender?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about cutting his fender off, or "fender eliminator."

Ohh Snap
June 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Closed, no more orders or out of stock?

TheGoodLyfe
June 9th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I believe the original plan for this FIRST shipment was 15 orders. There will be more to come as the number of tail lights in stock increases. I think this round was to see how much interest there would be ya know.

noche_caliente
June 9th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Jason is correct - Carl has enough stock to do 15 right now - if there's interest, we'll do another one after he has stock again!

M-Oorb
June 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I cant wait to have mine at my front door :)...or better yet on my bike

Jiu Jitsu Player
June 9th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Damn it I just missed this. for some reason I kept passing over this thread until now!!!

noche_caliente
June 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Chris - since you're in Guam, you might be better off contacting Carl directly anyway - I doubt me shipping it to you there would save you much

postie1686
June 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM
money sent i cant wait!!!!! can some one show where that relay needs to go for the flashers?

TheGoodLyfe
June 9th, 2009, 10:16 PM
We gotta send in the money by fri right?

Momaru
June 10th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Something just occurred to me. I've got stock flashers up front, but will have LEDs in the back. Should I be replacing the relay or not?
Or should I stop being a chump and get some flush LEDs for the front end and solve the problem that way? :-P

NJD022588
June 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
If you keep the stock front turn signals, all you need to do is replace the flasher relay. If you go with LEDs for all 4 turn signals, you need to do more than just replace the flasher relay (and I'm not sure what it is that you have to do :) ).

Bikemonkey
June 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
If you keep the stock front turn signals, all you need to do is replace the flasher relay. If you go with LEDs for all 4 turn signals, you need to do more than just replace the flasher relay (and I'm not sure what it is that you have to do :) ).

We sell the Acumen LED Universal Relay and it handles 1-100 LED's. Just makes sure you buy a relay that has a similair spec.

randomwalk101
June 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM
hey i apologize for the drop out guys...something came up and I couldn't cough up for this GB. Please replace me with someone who is interested on the waiting list..so sorry. :(
I'll have to catch the next GB

postie1686
June 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
im am so tinting this tailight when we get them!

Jiu Jitsu Player
June 10th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Chris - since you're in Guam, you might be better off contacting Carl directly anyway - I doubt me shipping it to you there would save you much

Thanks Kim. I'll do that.

M-Oorb
June 11th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I also plan on doing a light tint film :)
Posted via Mobile Device

M-Oorb
June 11th, 2009, 06:15 AM
So have they been shipped yet? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

postie1686
June 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM
just a not for anyone looking to have theres tinted/smoked its a real easy thing to do. go to your local hobby store and get some Pactra racing finish paint its for r/c car bodies. the part number is rc294 they call it window tint, ive been using this on tailight of cars for years. just remember to lightly sand the lens and clean it well and apply the paint in thin coats till you reach the shade you like.

noche_caliente
June 11th, 2009, 01:04 PM
They should hopefully go out on Monday - we have one more day to get that last order. Carl tells me it will take about a week to get here, and I will send them out same-day via priority mail, should take 1-3 days on this end

Xuracing
June 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Does anyone want to sell me their OEM tail lamp?! I am in desperate need of one!
thanks
Jason

noche_caliente
June 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Come on guys, I know someone around here wants number 15!

noche_caliente
June 11th, 2009, 06:38 PM
We gotta send in the money by fri right?

yes... I plan to send him payment tomorrow

andrewwoo
June 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Come on ppl!!!!! Fast we get one more faster we get it!!! Plz!!!

brookenovak
June 11th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Sorry, I'm late to the thread. Picking up my bike Sat. I'm interested. Will review the details in the beginning of the thread now.

TheGoodLyfe
June 11th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Does anyone want to sell me their OEM tail lamp?! I am in desperate need of one!
thanks
Jason

Hey what up bro. Nice to see another Jason here! I am looking to pick up my bike next week and am on the GB so with that being said, I'm more than willing to sell you my OEM tail light. It will take a little time but if you're patient it's all yours. Sorry if you need it immediately.

Jay

TheGoodLyfe
June 11th, 2009, 08:52 PM
yes... I plan to send him payment tomorrow

Alrighty I can do that for ya tomorrow

Ohh Snap
June 11th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Payment Sent!

Justanothermp5
June 12th, 2009, 07:09 AM
i really would like this, but around how long till we would actually get the light? i got the money since its graduation time :)

plug and play right? i didnt feel like reading the whole post lol

TheGoodLyfe
June 12th, 2009, 09:36 AM
i really would like this, but around how long till we would actually get the light? i got the money since its graduation time :)

plug and play right? i didnt feel like reading the whole post lol

Lol Simon, its not that long of a read. Payment to Carl will be taken care of today and Monday they should be shipped. Should be about a week thereafter. Once they arrive in the states then noche will disperse them to us via priority mailing which is 1-3 business days I believe. The lights are plug and play BUT you will have to replace the signal flasher relay to accommodate LEDs. Especially if you want to use LEDs for all 4 turn signals. Peruse through the thread for further info...

Jay

noche_caliente
June 12th, 2009, 10:12 AM
All right guys - I'm getting ready to send payment to Carl as we speak. If i have not received your payment, please provide it ASAP so that I don't have to foot too much of the bill. Especially since I am not even getting one this round!
Simon and Brook, sorry you were just a little bit too late, but I will keep you at the top of the wait list in case someone backs out, or first in line for the next group buy if you'd like.
~K

TheGoodLyfe
June 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Payment sent Kim!

noche_caliente
June 12th, 2009, 12:04 PM
got it :)

SpyderGirl
June 12th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I would have loved to get in on this but I'm having to pay to repair my bike instead. :(

Maybe later.

Ohh Snap
June 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Did you get my payment? I haven't received any confirmation.

noche_caliente
June 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
you're good John :)

noche_caliente
June 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hi guys - I have some potential bad news. As I've not done one of these from overseas before, I didn't realize that there is a possibility of customs charges being included. From what I can discern from all of the info available on the customs site, I don't think there will be any extra duties imposed, but there is a chance it could happen. If it does, I will let you know what the additional amount will be.
As far as I can tell from the thousands of pages on different duty rates, we fall under this category:
8512.20 Other lighting or visual signaling equipment:
8512.20.20 Lighting equipment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Free
40 For the vehicles of subheading 8701.20 or
heading 8702, 8703, 8704, 8705 or 8711 . . . . . . X
And as the total value is under $2000, we should be ok.

More info for anyone who is interested in the multitude of customs import laws is here:
http://hotdocs.usitc.gov/docs/tata/hts/bychapter/0901c85.pdf on page 21 for the lights.

I am really, really sorry about this, and I hope that it works out ok, but I wanted to give you the heads up just in case.

kkim
June 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Noche... I sure hope the participants in this GB appreciate what you're doing for them. good work. :thumbup:

mxnello
June 13th, 2009, 08:23 AM
cleans up back of bike, chop fender/remove blinkers and plate relocate. Hope to have some pics soon [busy] but I do need a small LED light for my plate, any links?

Ohh Snap
June 13th, 2009, 09:09 AM
lets go noche

bikeboyben14
June 15th, 2009, 06:11 AM
hey if its possible for the round two id like to get one

Bikemonkey
June 15th, 2009, 07:08 AM
hey if its possible for the round two id like to get one

These are now available from our eBay store and website.

Bikemonkey
June 15th, 2009, 07:14 AM
The 15 units have now shipped.

Thanks to all involved

andrewwoo
June 15th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Can someone PM a site or store with teh item # of where I can get one? Thanks in advance!

Duvivr6
June 15th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I know this is their site but its in Australia!

bikemonkey.com.au

dakkerz
June 15th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Can someone PM a site or store with teh item # of where I can get one? Thanks in advance!

This looks like it

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kawasaki-Ninja-250R-08-Integrated-LED-Tail-Light-EX250_W0QQitemZ360162424379QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories?ha sh=item53db5a763b&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A30

Ohh Snap
June 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Does that mean you shipped mine too? :) tracking # ?

noche_caliente
June 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM
John, we have to wait for them to get to me, and then I will forward them on - hopefully Monday/Tuesday of next week. Shipping info will go out via paypal to everyone at that point.

Ohh Snap
June 16th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Ok no worries, well i don't have PayPal so either a PM or email will do.

Thanks.

Bikemonkey
June 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I know this is their site but its in Australia!

bikemonkey.com.au

We are now offering free worldwide shipping

bikeboyben14
June 17th, 2009, 06:03 AM

hey just wondering if you got mine shipped

NJD022588
June 17th, 2009, 08:01 AM

Hmm... maybe would have been a good offer before the group buy :D

TheGoodLyfe
June 17th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Regardless it still is an excellent snag for a GB. Thanks a lot Carl, Kim and everyone that made this possible :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bikemonkey
June 18th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Hmm... maybe would have been a good offer before the group buy :D

The GB still worksout cheaper - the postage costs for the GB actually ended up at $200 and not the $90 we charged you :thumbup:

NJD022588
June 18th, 2009, 08:17 AM
The GB still worksout cheaper - the postage costs for the GB actually ended up at $200 and not the $90 we charged you :thumbup:

When I said that, I was unaware of the discount given to those who bought in the GB. I didnt buy one in the GB so I was under the impression that it was only to save on shipping.

postie1686
June 18th, 2009, 10:09 AM
i want it now! this is almost worse then waiting for christmas when you were a kid!:eek: :D

richierich781
June 18th, 2009, 03:45 PM
cant wait to get these, i ordered mine today, i would have gone in with the group buy but i had some unexpected bills to handle. i got a pretty good deal with the free shipping. thanks a lot carl for your help :eyebrows::thumbup:

noche_caliente
June 18th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I promise to get these out just as fast as I can for everyone. I am waiting to print shipping labels to be sure of the weight, but they will go to the PO the same day they get in. They're going to my hubby's office because it is next door to the PO!

Also, 09250r - I need your payment info. If anyone wants first dibs on it - if I don't get money from this guy - the first one to let me know they want his gets it!

noche_caliente
June 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Tracking info update:
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

Your item left MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA on June 18, 2009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.Detailed Results:

*Foreign International Dispatch, June 18, 2009, 7:23 am, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
*Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
*Foreign Acceptance, June 16, 2009, 10:13 am, AUSTRALIA

Ohh Snap
June 19th, 2009, 12:37 PM
yeahh and my bikes is crashed now... yay :(

empire00
June 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I promise to get these out just as fast as I can for everyone. I am waiting to print shipping labels to be sure of the weight, but they will go to the PO the same day they get in. They're going to my hubby's office because it is next door to the PO!

Also, 09250r - I need your payment info. If anyone wants first dibs on it - if I don't get money from this guy - the first one to let me know they want his gets it!

dibs

Bikemonkey
June 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
These are still available on our website. Offering free shipping these won't much more than the group buy http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/kawasaki-250r-2008-2009-crystal-clear-lens-led-taillight-with-integrated-turnsignals.html

Bikemonkey
June 19th, 2009, 06:16 PM
cant wait to get these, i ordered mine today, i would have gone in with the group buy but i had some unexpected bills to handle. i got a pretty good deal with the free shipping. thanks a lot carl for your help :eyebrows::thumbup:

Yeah, you found a bug in the system:mad:, FREE shipping and using the discount code you've had the best deal out of anyone :D

noche_caliente
June 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
Update, this is where we hold our breath guys.....

Your item is being processed by United States Customs. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
Detailed Results:

*Inbound Into Customs
*Inbound International Arrival, June 20, 2009, 9:39 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
*Foreign Acceptance, June 16, 2009, 10:13 am, AUSTRALIA

Your item is being processed by United States Customs. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

*Inbound Into Customs
*Inbound International Arrival, June 20, 2009, 9:31 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
*Foreign Acceptance, June 16, 2009, 10:15 am, AUSTRALIA

noche_caliente
June 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
tracking info remains the same this afternoon....

Guztack
June 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
damn it i missed it

Ken
June 23rd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Received mine. Check out my avatar.

Ohh Snap
June 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
i didn't get mine yet...

Guztack
June 23rd, 2009, 02:41 PM
Received mine. Check out my avatar.

how long did it take for u to install it? u have any experience w/ this kinda stuff? easy?
I want those lights!!!!! :mad:

noche_caliente
June 23rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Ken was not part of the group buy - see the status update above - still in customs

Ken
June 23rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
I meant to originally post in the original thread that asked about integrated tail lights.

Correct, I ordered mine a couple of days prior to the group buy was created, but I had to wait for Carl to send mine out at the same time so I received the same status info from my USPS tracking number.

Gus,

It was a piece of cake. I should mention I didn't bother with the turn signal wiring, since I had no intention to use the integrated signal feature (I just want the LED brake lighting). If you decide to forgo the turn signals, you'll just need to undo two bolts with a 10mm wrench, unplug the socket, and remove the tail light. Install is the reversal.

Guztack
June 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
I meant to originally post in the original thread that asked about integrated tail lights.

It was a piece of cake. I should mention I didn't bother with the turn signal wiring, since I had no intention to use the integrated signal feature (I just want the LED brake lighting). If you decide to forgo the turn signals, you'll just need to undo two bolts with a 10mm wrench, unplug the socket, and remove the tail light. Install is the reversal.

Just what I needed to know. Thanks

noche_caliente
June 24th, 2009, 05:45 PM
If you haven't done so already, check your email, they've shipped!

Chamus57
June 24th, 2009, 08:25 PM
WooHoo got my tracking number today can't wait:D

andrewwoo
June 24th, 2009, 08:37 PM
yay! thanks kim! youre great! whee!

noche_caliente
June 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Based on what I can tell from the tracking statuses that have been updated, everyone should be receiving them today, or maybe tomorrow. Some of them have no updates on the tracking, which I find strange, but others have been delivered or are at the local POs as of the wee hours of the morning.

postie1686
June 26th, 2009, 12:35 PM
mine just walked in the door! looks so sexy :)

noche_caliente
June 26th, 2009, 12:50 PM
They didn't have legs when I shipped them out ;) You must have one heck of a mail carrier there :)

Tims250R
June 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Mine just got here ,Looks Great ...:thumbup:

I Just have to "Tint" it and pick up a Led relay...

Momaru
June 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Got mine installed last night but left on the stock rear signals for the time being. Just zip-tied the pins for the integrated blinkers to the exposed leads inside the blinker lights so it's totally reversible (pics/short DIY this weekend if anyone's interested?). Discovered that technically the lights will work with the stock relay if you leave the stalk signals on, but decided to pick up a replacement blinker relay anyway, for $10 may as well.
Also decided to disconnect my brake flasher relay. With it, the back end of my bike looked like a circus while braking with a blinker on.

noche_caliente
June 26th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Paul - check your vt mail

Chamus57
June 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Just got home and it was waiting for me :) Thanks again for setting up the GB and going through all the trouble to make sure we all get them. I plan to install it this weekend will post pics when i do.

postie1686
June 26th, 2009, 01:28 PM
They didn't have legs when I shipped them out ;) You must have one heck of a mail carrier there :)

haha yea she's not so bad either!

M-Oorb
June 26th, 2009, 04:04 PM
:( mine hasnt come yet...Cant wait for mondayyy

bikeboyben14
June 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
can anyone tell me where they got the led flasher relay id like to get one here in town

M-Oorb
June 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM
+1

ChansteR
June 27th, 2009, 12:08 AM
can anyone tell me where they got the led flasher relay id like to get one here in town

Any auto store would probably have them.

Bikemonkey
June 27th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Don't forget guys, Brad posted a really helpfull DIY installation of the kit on this forum http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21581&highlight=integrated

Thanks to everyone who either took part in the group buy or bought from us individually.

For anyone that missed out, smoke lens versions will be here next week and we have plenty of stock.

Thanks again

Carl
www.bikemonkey.com.au

bikeboyben14
June 27th, 2009, 06:09 AM
o i just go to like autozone and ask for a 2 wire led flasher relay

noche_caliente
June 27th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Ben, pull the one from your bike and take it in there and tell them that you need one of those for LEDs. They'll take care of you.

postie1686
June 27th, 2009, 08:06 AM
my autozone doesnt have them :(

Seximexi88
June 27th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I've gone to autozone, oreilly auto parts, and radioshack. Everyoe I spoke with seemed as if tho they never heard of LED relays. I'm getting really frustrated, I just want to install my light! Someone please help.
Posted via Mobile Device

noche_caliente
June 27th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Angel - I put in your zip code, and the flasher that they showed in the proton thread which was confirmed to work with LED rear lights shows that it should be available there.
AVAILABLE
Normally stocked at your local store.
This was the name of it:
Blazer / 11-15 Volts 2 Terminal 1 to 6 Lamps Capacity Long Life Electronic Flasher
and this was the description
Part Number: FL552/536LL
Weight: 0.73 lbs
Flasher Series: Electronic
Voltage: 11-15 Volts
Terminals: 2 Pins
Lamp Load: 1 To 6 Lamps
Quantity: 1

Thanks for the info! I totally know what you're saying. I've been reading a lot about this lately, not to mention it's a pretty big part of my studies for the MS degree.

I went out and bought a flasher. I just bought the first 2 pin one I saw... so I'm not totally sure it will work, but I was bored and needed some where to ride. I'll compare it to the stock one before I open the package so I can take it back if I need.

Protons will be here no later that Saturday, so I'll find out if all this works soon.

Here is a picture of it:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/ecstasyofgold/IMG00459.jpg

If you can't read it, it says: FL32, Electronic Flasher, Truck and RV, Variable Load, HEAVY DUTY

M-Oorb
June 27th, 2009, 02:04 PM
So did anyone else not receive theres yet? Im getting a little nervous but if someone else hasnt gotten theres yet Ill feel a little better :(

TheGoodLyfe
June 27th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Oorb, to my knowledge, I have yet to receive mine as well :(
Posted via Mobile Device

noche_caliente
June 27th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Matt:
Your item was delivered at 10:27 AM on June 26, 2009 in NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ 08901.

Jason:
Your item was delivered at 4:20 AM on June 26, 2009 in SPOKANE, WA 99258.

M-Oorb
June 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hmm thats very strange I dont have anything here:( Noche...can you pm me the address it was sent to?

AnarchoMoltov
June 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
so u dont need resistors? all u need is that relay??? and hook the stock positives 2 the turn positives, and the tail light plug to the stock plug???..also how long does shipping take?? im in the chicagoland area wut should I expect??? Thankz 4 help....

noche_caliente
June 28th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Dan - to get to the east coast, it took from when he said it was shipped in this thread until Wednesday morning about 9:30 to be delivered to my husband's office

AnarchoMoltov
June 28th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Thankz...so about 4-7 dayz give or take...ok cool thankz

TheGoodLyfe
June 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Oh no! Mine was delivered to my SCHOOL address on campus. I'm across the state at home! Guess I'll have to get in touch with them and see if they can forward it over here. Thanks Kim

Momaru
June 28th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Dan, I can only reply regarding resistors vs new relay if you're keeping the stock blinkers too (which you seem to be doing), but yes, only nedd the new relay. I suspect (from my own minor electrical knowledge and numerous other posts) that'd you'd be fine with the relay if you were pulling the stock blinkers too but would need resistors if you're doing replacement of the front blinkers as well.

I just paired the positives from the integrated blinker with the positive from the correct stock blinker. If you're pulling the lights, should be able to plug the provided pin on the integrated directly into the spade-female on the stock connector. I promise I'll post some pics of how I did it soon as I find my camera (it's been MIA a couple days).

The tail light plug is designed just like the plug from the light bulb you'll be pulling from your stock light so just plug it in like you would the bulb. But BE CAREFUL with the socket on the integrated light, it is a little fragile, as is the solder on the ground (ask me how I know) ;).

Ohh Snap
June 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
got mine! nice piece, now i gotta wait to install, who knows how long :(

bikeboyben14
June 29th, 2009, 07:58 AM
the fl-32 relay does work 8 bucks at atuozone i bought it and installed last night and all works well. i removed my factory rear blinkers and pulled the wires from the socket and connectd the wires that way and all works well.

AnarchoMoltov
June 30th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Dan, I can only reply regarding resistors vs new relay if you're keeping the stock blinkers too (which you seem to be doing), but yes, only nedd the new relay. I suspect (from my own minor electrical knowledge and numerous other posts) that'd you'd be fine with the relay if you were pulling the stock blinkers too but would need resistors if you're doing replacement of the front blinkers as well.

I just paired the positives from the integrated blinker with the positive from the correct stock blinker. If you're pulling the lights, should be able to plug the provided pin on the integrated directly into the spade-female on the stock connector. I promise I'll post some pics of how I did it soon as I find my camera (it's been MIA a couple days).

The tail light plug is designed just like the plug from the light bulb you'll be pulling from your stock light so just plug it in like you would the bulb. But BE CAREFUL with the socket on the integrated light, it is a little fragile, as is the solder on the ground (ask me how I know) ;).

hey thanks 4 the reply..I have the flushmount proton led front signals installed already...Supposedly they have built in resistors, and I didnt have 2 hook ne thing x-tra 2 them when I installed them, they blink fine, no fast flashing or ne thing like that....so I'm hoping all I'll need to do is change that relay and I'll be good...My tail light shipped Sunday so I'm pacing around waitin on it, cant wait to git it hooked up..lol

Army Aviator
June 30th, 2009, 04:07 AM
hey thanks 4 the reply..I have the flushmount proton led front signals installed already...Supposedly they have built in resistors, and I didnt have 2 hook ne thing x-tra 2 them when I installed them, they blink fine, no fast flashing or ne thing like that....so I'm hoping all I'll need to do is change that relay and I'll be good...My tail light shipped Sunday so I'm pacing around waitin on it, cant wait to git it hooked up..lol

Since you're going with LED's on all 4 corners you'll probably need diodes to keep both sides from flashing at the same time.

noche_caliente
June 30th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Dan, you will need to do the diode fix - look in the proton thread - somewhere around the last page has info about what to do in this situation

Ken08Ninja
June 30th, 2009, 09:22 PM
the fl-32 relay does work 8 bucks at atuozone i bought it and installed last night and all works well. i removed my factory rear blinkers and pulled the wires from the socket and connectd the wires that way and all works well.

:whathesaid:

I also removed the wires from the stock rear blinker socket and connected to the integrated tail. I used a TRIDON brand EL12 Electronic Flasher from my local Advance Auto Parts and it works well with just the integrated in the rear and stock fronts.

AnarchoMoltov
June 30th, 2009, 11:02 PM
omfg, i just checked out the proton thread as noche suggested....wow, a whole lot of confusion there..........My proton flushmounts dont function as running lights so there isnt any extra current on those...but the tail light will function as running light...I dont know if I need diodes just yet, I hope not...
I had the bike lights no cut fender elim kit hooked up with the led rear signals, and they worked fine with the proton fronts, but I did have resistors hooked to the rear led's..btw-bike lights no cut fender elim-$75 improper display of registration ticket...So I'll let everyone know if my bikemonkey tail light will work with the proton front signals without diodes(hopefully!!!)

AnarchoMoltov
June 30th, 2009, 11:04 PM
as soon as it grtz here

Army Aviator
July 1st, 2009, 04:21 AM
You will need diodes because your installing leds on all four corners, might as well find some now while your waiting for the light to arrive.

AnarchoMoltov
July 1st, 2009, 05:37 AM
why didnt I need diodes b4? I had led's all 4 corners

Bikemonkey
July 1st, 2009, 04:29 PM
You will need diodes because your installing leds on all four corners, might as well find some now while your waiting for the light to arrive.

I'm not quite sure where this diode thing has come from. I do not know anyone who runs Flushmounts and Integrated Turn Signals with diodes. I would suggest you buy a better quality LED Relay first

AnarchoMoltov
July 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
hey thankz 4 the reply I got yer email, I appreciate yer help..I ordered the acumen relay, I'm still waitin on the tail light and all this talk about diodes got me all worried....so I'll try it with the acumen relay ...thankz

TheGoodLyfe
July 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM
If anyone didn't get in on this group buy I am selling my tail light as plans aren't going according to plan. PM me and we can discuss

Chamus57
July 7th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I am kinda in the same boat. Took the fairings off today and was about to break the plastic bag. Then thought i could really use the money more than the light at this point in time because of unexpected expenses and the fact i plan to get the GB exhaust. If i can't sell it i have no problem using it but could really use the moeny. PM me if you are interested but buy Jason's first ;) Thanks

AnarchoMoltov
July 10th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Its confirmed...U do not need resistors or a diode to run the bikemonkey led taillight with the proton led front turn signals..U do need to change the relay though....I got the acumen universal led relay, and everything works fine...
:thumbup:

noche_caliente
July 10th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Dan, you have removed the stock rear signals, correct?

AnarchoMoltov
July 10th, 2009, 12:18 PM
yea, I'm all LED front and rear...

AnarchoMoltov
July 12th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Scratch that confirmation on the no diodes needed..I noticed 2 night that the opposite blinker that I have activated flashes a little when I turn on the signals..This sucks!!!!! I guess bikemonkey doesnt know any 1 that runs his integrated tail light with protons without diodes with no problems on a new gen ninja 250....:mad:

madcrossover
July 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Bikeboyben: I noticed on the FL32 Relay it says to use a 25 amp fuse. Do you know if this is needed or does anyone else have any ideas? Dont want to end up burning a wire or anything. Just a thought! Let me know if all is good! :confused20:

randomwalk101
July 27th, 2009, 09:11 AM
no just use the stock fuse.