View Full Version : Ninja 250 Wins Hooters Bike Night SLOW Drag, YAY!

TheDuck
June 1st, 2009, 07:29 PM
The local Hooters had a bike night with a best bike contest, loudest bike contest, and a drag/slow race competition which I wanted to try just for kicks, and won!

Most people here probably know the basic rules. For us it is a long box on the on the pavement about 3 feet wide and 25 feet long. You start at one end and as soon as you lift your feet the timer starts, you go AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE to the other end. If you put a foot down, cross a line, or take a spill the timer stops. The one with the HIGHEST time, wins!

Higher horsepower and larger bikes don't matter one bit, it all comes down to your balance and rider skill, and in many cases SOBRIETY!

Most contestants were drunk, but I wound up with 21 seconds (I wasn't even trying that hard, but I was sober, I guess that counts for a lot!) The nearest runner-up had 17 seconds, and I was one of 2 people to actually make it to the end of the box. The local standing record is only 29 seconds so I'm going to put a little more effort into it next time around!

Anyways, yeah, NO GEAR! Shoot me! I'm sure I'll get some terrible road rash and severely broken limbs falling at about 1.19fps (feet per second.)

Woohoo, war wounds!

Here's what a 6'3" and 250lbs looks like on a Ninja 250!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/wtfduck/photos/motorcycle/ninja250/sIMG_2724-1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/wtfduck/photos/motorcycle/ninja250/IMG_2776-1.jpg

I won a gift certificate for Hooters, yay! (Not literally, but anything on the menu up to $25, weeeeee!)

kkim
June 1st, 2009, 07:32 PM
lol... good job duckie! :D

Snake
June 1st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Onother win for the Ninja 250! Yea.

BlueTyke
June 1st, 2009, 07:42 PM
Go Ducky!

Though I think he did it so he could pose with the ladies!

ninjabrewer
June 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM
Go Ducky!

I would have.

nb

TheDuck
June 1st, 2009, 08:57 PM
Go Ducky!

That would be true! :D

I would have.

nb

Next time I'm going to try and bring the ducks over there, another reason to play with the ladies, haha.

miks
June 1st, 2009, 10:44 PM
Screw the voucher. Wish I could say that about something else, but keeping it G rated.

Apex
June 2nd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Did you get a number from a waitress by chance?

Nemy
June 2nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
haha nice! 250 FTW!!!

Elfling
June 2nd, 2009, 07:21 PM
Dude, thats awesome :D I can't believe how big you are in relation to the bike, you have a whole foot in height on me!

TheDuck
June 3rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Dude, thats awesome :D I can't believe how big you are in relation to the bike, you have a whole foot in height on me!

Yeah, I get that when I'm with my friends. I am the largest in the group, riding on the smallest bike. I always catch a lot of hell for it... until we go out tearing up the twisties!

Experience counts for a lot, but the 250 is quite nimble. I think my largish frame might make it easier to turn, maybe requiring to lean less.

Banzai
June 3rd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Kudos for you! Good deal. I've always said that ANY fool can ride fast in a straight line, but it takes skill to go slow!

Sadly, around here, Hooters bike night is 930-1130 on Wednesday nights, and it's "Black and red" bike night. I have a green bike, and they give me dirty looks when I want to play.

Blue Ninja 250R
June 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Congrat Duck :thumbup:, any chance for more pics of those ladies wo you?:D:D

paterick4o8
June 4th, 2009, 09:57 AM
another one to add to your Duck Tales, woo ooh!

IlBLisSlI
June 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM
another one to add to your Duck Tales, woo ooh!

rofl wonder how many people will get that reference :happy60:

miks
June 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Isn't Duck Tales a Disney cartoon about the adventures of Scrooge and his newphews? Unless ... there is another something else I need to know :rolleyes: