View Full Version : 05 Ninja decal removal

ulfjr
June 2nd, 2009, 06:05 AM
I have read at other places around the internet that it is possible to remove the flame decal on the pregen ninjas that have it. I am wondering if it is possible to remove the decal that other pregen ninjas have on them. I.E. is it under the clearcoat, or is it just a sticker? Here is an example of what I am talking about:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2005models/2005-Kawasaki-Ninja250Rb.jpg

Would it be possible to remove the silver and green from this bike? I have a feeling that if you can remove any of it, you will not be able to remove the part on the gas tank, and I assume the whole lower fairing is silver...

IlBLisSlI
June 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
you can remove all of it.
it will be a beotch to get off
have fun

Racer x
June 2nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
I think all the stickers come but the gas tank stripe. That is a vinyl decal with clear paint over it . I had to repaint a 2003 ninja and thought I could just sand off the clear and paint over it. I had to strip the whole tank to get the stripe off. the rest come off with a heat gun and some care.

Apex
June 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Heat gun + dental floss = decal removal

Ok, I've used it to remove the adhesive badges on cars. Normal decals should just peel off once you get them hot enough. Watch it with getting too hot, bubbling paint/plastics isn't good. :)

ashish87
June 3rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
i have the same bike! i think the scheme looks sexy! but i heard a hair dryer and goo gone works.

Verus Cidere
June 4th, 2009, 12:12 AM
I'm slightly confused here... Did you want all the silver gone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the lower half of your fairing is actually painted silver. Are you just repainting that or buying a black one or was that not part of your question? From what I've seen for the regular decals (I.E. the flames on the later models) they're just like stickers and peel off fairly easily. Of course, I'm a total tech noob, so I'm probably wrong about that. :rolleyes: Oh, and they're right about the stuff on the tank being under a clear coat. :mad:

porschepatrick912
June 4th, 2009, 12:27 AM
soo what i did was run really hot water over my vinyl stickers and this made them come off fairly easy, I ended up sanding my whole tank down into the base then repainted.

nate-bama
June 18th, 2009, 02:38 PM
ha ha dont be like me and buy acetone and drink beer while sweating away removing the decals and road tar

kkim
June 18th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Ryan,

You do realize that removing the green from a black bike is going to result in a slower bike, don't you? :p

porschepatrick912
June 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM
just put on some K&N stickers those will give you and easy 5 horse power each!

nate-bama
June 18th, 2009, 06:09 PM
then paint it red to outrun busa's