View Full Version : North East Rally 06/19-06/21 - Route?

BlueTyke
June 3rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
(Meet Type spot poll will be open for 7 days)

Who's got one?

Since the primary accomidation location has been settled, you are of course welcome to stay anywhere you would like, it is time to settle on Routes or at least a morning meet spot.

This is for Saturday. As I am figuring Sat will be the 'Big Day' and Sunday would be a bit more do what you want to do. I know I will have to leave Sunday about 11 - 12 am to get back into town to take Phil's dad out for a Fathers Day Dinner (Probably Outback, nothing exciting.)

I don't know about others but I certainly like to have a good breakfast before going on a day ride. So I suggest a resturant as the meet spot. This method I also suggest so you can meet, greet, and get to know your riders a bit better. Yeah yeah I know we know each other, or realitively anyway. It also gives more time for those coming further away.

There were suggestions of meeting at a Walmart which is alright as well I'll just get breakfast before hand. Then we can wait in the parking lot.

I don't mind waking up around 7ish to ride a bit closer to the Jersey border for those coming over. Everyone is free to do what they want.

I think deciding on a morning meet spot will also help out with the route. So now we need those folks coming in from the local areas to pipe in with their thoughts...

Nemy
June 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
ahhhh you guys don't have tim hortons! :eek: :( Almost every ride up here starts off at one lol. Perfect breakfast, coffee and meet spot.

Is there anything along those lines? A nice coffee joint that serves quick breakfast food/donuts/bagels etc?

c_anglada
June 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
i voted for meeting at a parking lot... i will be cooking my breakfast. with that said im cool with whatever. Oh and there is a perkins resturant in the walmart (in mt. pocono ... rt 940) parking area or at least they share the same lot, as well as a BK, MCD, a bagel shop and some other places to eat within 1 mile of that walmart

BlueRaven
June 5th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Nemy i believe dunking doughnut would be the US version of our Tim's. Don't know if it's as addictive as tim's but its worth a try. After all it's only for a weekend right? There as some Tim horton's in the US but don't know where they are.

c_anglada
June 5th, 2009, 08:50 PM
there is a dunkin donuts near that walmart

Nemy
June 6th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Nemy i believe dunking doughnut would be the US version of our Tim's. Don't know if it's as addictive as tim's but its worth a try. After all it's only for a weekend right? There as some Tim horton's in the US but don't know where they are.

ya but it's not even close to a timmies :( :rolleyes:

As for a route, I'm up for anything. Though we're driving 8 hours down to PA (More for BlueRaven), I think some reaallllly nice twisties would be welcoming :thumbup:

c_anglada
June 8th, 2009, 03:33 PM
i found some roads that should keep everyone happy

smcbride11
June 8th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I just wanted to check in to wish everyone a good ride. I'll be down in LI for the US Open that weekend (and since it's my first one as a dad I figure I should probably stay with the lil' one :p )

I'm almost certainly in for the next NE ride, though, keep us posted!

BlueTyke
June 9th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Will do Steve!

So Chris, you wanna lead then? :D If you have a route picked I am good to go with that. So once we get a meet spot settled we are all good.

Another question, there a bbq still?

VOTING CLOSES 6/10 That is TOMORROW!

BlueRaven
June 9th, 2009, 07:59 AM
ya but it's not even close to a timmies :( :rolleyes:

bring some packages of timmies coffee and you'll make yourself one i know it won't be exactly the same but close enough.

c_anglada
June 9th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Will do Steve!

So Chris, you wanna lead then? :D If you have a route picked I am good to go with that. So once we get a meet spot settled we are all good.

Another question, there a bbq still?

VOTING CLOSES 6/10 That is TOMORROW!

sure i can do that. so far i have a total of 134 miles or 4+hrs of fun :thumbup: as for the bbq my mom said she wouldnt mind if we all came back to the house and had a bbq but im thinking i wanna be served which there are alot of places to sit and eat for a good price. i figured we would work that out when we meet.

BlueTyke
June 9th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Sounds good to me.

Nemy
June 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM
ok so is everything set for next week? I'm gonna PM BR and Buffalony to work out our travel plans.

BlueTyke
June 11th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Pretty much.

The only other thing to be decided is a resturant. For those having breakfast.

There is a Dinner right across from walmart called Pioneer Dinner. According to the receptionist at Hemlock they are good and realitivly inexpensive.

I think this would be a good breakfast/Meet spot. Those coming in that wanted to just do the parkinglot can meet us here I would say an hour later than our meet spot. Or something like that. I say this because I would rather not have to gear all back up just to go across the street to the parkinglot of the walmart. Just a thought.

If this sounds acceptable to everyone we can solidify that or find something else.

Buffalony
June 11th, 2009, 10:08 AM
ya.I seen a perkins on the sattelite image. It was right at the walmart.
We have Timmyho's here in NY Tim.

Breakfast is a must for a long ride an sounds like a good time to get aquainted.
I'm groggy an grumpy in tha morn though.. perfect time to mess with me :)

BlueTyke
June 11th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Perkins? whats a perkins?

: Note to self, mess with Joe, should be fun :D

c_anglada
June 11th, 2009, 07:31 PM
i never ate at the pioneer dinner so i cant tell you if its worth it but i can tell you its located on the corner of the most busiest intersection and you can only basicly go one way in at out which forces you to go up 940 right by walmart to turn around it would be better / safer to meet at walmart then turn at the traffic lights. yes perkins is right in the same parking lot as walmart but off to the front more. its a chain restaurant that makes decent food for the price and they serve breakfast.

pyrat
June 12th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to ninjette.org. Just found it a couple weeks ago actually. I've been watching this thread, and would love to join in on the ride. I live in the Scranton area (about 30 minutes from where you guys are meeting).

I haven't posted anything til now because I'm still not sure if I can make it next Saturday. I'm going to Philly to see Jimmy Buffett on Thursday, and, as Buffett does, it may turn into the whole weekend. :)

Hopefully, I be able to join the ride. One thing I haven't seen is exactly what time are you meeting?

BlueTyke
June 12th, 2009, 04:40 AM
The ride itself will meet in the parkinglot at 9am

That means the breakfast folks need to meet earlier. Probably around 7:30-7:45 so that we have time to eat. :)

If Perkins is easier I say go with that one. It really doesn't matter as long as I can have a place to sit and chat as well as eat, enexpensively. If Perkins fulfills those requirements for me I am golden :)

Nemy
June 12th, 2009, 09:25 AM
ya I'm good with either restaurant... and 730 sounds good. But BR, Joe and I might be hellishly tired after our treks down on friday :rolleyes:

BlueTyke
June 12th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Well I don't expect we will be up really late.

Just on the safe side though I'm going to PM you all my Cell Phone #.

Nemy
June 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM
so umm... 5 votes... and 3 of us from out of state with 2 canadians... so how many people are actually confirmed for this? I was hoping for atleast 15+ :(

Can we get a headcount? That way we know if we're missing or need to wait for anyone in the morning. Just copy and paste the list down

1. Nemy

BlueRaven
June 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM
nemy shouldn't we do this on the original thread?

Nemy
June 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
nemy shouldn't we do this on the original thread?

lol fine fine! :rolleyes: I just figured it was already bumped for my tires and your weather question

BlueTyke
June 15th, 2009, 08:11 AM
To....many.... threads .... hehe :D