View Full Version : Signals, running and plate lights not functioning

Rogue255
January 8th, 2015, 01:43 AM
Hey all,
I recently started having this issue. Basically the running lights (front and rear), the turn signals and the license plate light do not work.
I've checked all fuses, checked all connections multiple times and checked everything with a multimeter. Everything is hooked up correctly and is getting power.
This started just after installing a fender eliminator and is now continuing after I installed the Motodynamics integrated tail.
Everything used to start working properly after a few minutes with my old set up, now it has not worked at all other than the first time I checked everything after installing the new tail.
The brake light still functions.
And the MD tail is all plug and play, so I know I didn't hook anything up incorrectly.

I don't know what else I can do, other than take it to the dealer once the snow goes.
Any ideas??
Thanks!

csmith12
January 8th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Welcome Nate!

You say it "somewhat worked" after a few mins before the MD tail install right. Does MD mean Motodynamic? If so, this may help, although I have no real experience with MD parts.

http://www.motodynamic.com/images/caniinstallthis.jpg

Rogue255
January 8th, 2015, 10:49 AM
The only thing I can think of is some of the wiring got loose further in the bike during install and riding and now it's not functioning at all.
I know its nothing from anything I connected. All connections are tight and plug and play.
Sometimes when I first started the bike, it wouldnt work for a few minutes then everything would boot up.
Yes, by MD I mean short for Motodynamic.

Stuff may have not been functioning properly right out of the dealership, I just don't recall and only really noticed it after installing the fender eliminator.

APEmike
January 9th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Had the same issue. Blown fuse. 10 amp. Find the issue that caused it to blow. Mine was a crossed wire leading to a short to ground.

Rogue255
January 9th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Had the same issue. Blown fuse. 10 amp. Find the issue that caused it to blow. Mine was a crossed wire leading to a short to ground.

I've checked all the fuses multiple times and swapped them out with good ones I know work. Still nothing...