View Full Version : 09 250r streetfighter. (Work in progress)

Nickds7
June 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Plan on making the front radiator black, maybe getting a carbon fiber exhaust, and getting integrated turn signals.
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/871/0603090001.jpg

Still deciding on if I want to spend the money on plastics :cool:

i916it
June 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
not trying to hate...but that's just a naked bike :/

miks
June 4th, 2009, 02:44 AM
IMO, if you want a more 'streetfighter-ish' look; consider removing most of the headlight portion.

Apex
June 4th, 2009, 07:41 AM
If I ever decided to pull the lower fairing, I'd seriously focus on changing the shape of the exhaust system. Make it hug the bike a bit more...

TheDuck
June 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
You can make a ton of money by selling your old body panels, too. That should be plenty for some nice aftermarket geedunks. I will be watching this thread closely! Impress me! :)

Nickds7
June 4th, 2009, 07:27 PM
You can make a ton of money by selling your old body panels, too. That should be plenty for some nice aftermarket geedunks. I will be watching this thread closely! Impress me! :)

I only have fairings from one side.. Any good headlight suggestions? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

TheDuck
June 4th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I only have fairings from one side.. Any good headlight suggestions? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I take it you took a spill then, eh? lol! I guess thats mentioned in another thread here someplace, but you still should be able to fetch a pretty penny for half of your fairings.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q44/nicaragua79/headlight.jpg

But what I would do... cut the tail off right behind the driver seat with custom LED taillights. Put a hugger over the rear wheel, get one that fits REALLY snug over the back tire.

I would put a small shroud around the radiator or paint the sides of it black. Don't do something silly like cover it in undercoating or rhinoliner, lol.

If you don't want to do a hugger, but do cut the tail then delete the front fender too and go BARE WHEEL! Sexy!

Definately reform the exhaust to better fit the lines of the engine. I think the Area-P is much more attractive, you might want to look into that, or cover up the stock one with a modified belly pan from an SV650 or maybe you can cut your old side fairings into a belly pan fairing and retain a few of the familiar Ninja 250 lines in a more minimalist setup.

http://www.daveysprocket.com/images/bikes/sv650/bellypan.jpg

Once you get the top fairing off the bike will look completely different and maya couple of new things to mind.

Have a look at some of the bikes over on customfighters.com, you'll find lots of other great ideas for your bike.

Nickds7
June 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Not visible in the picture...but the front wheel does have the fender removed :D . So fender chop, exhaust, and headlight are the main things I'll be searching for. Hopefully updates soon :D

n4t
June 8th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I was just wondering... what's up with the face? Is that supposed to be the custom led tail lights? :D

00v_Lucky
June 8th, 2009, 07:33 AM
i really like how some of the rear frame of your 250 shows, its kinda, kinky :)

tinng321
June 8th, 2009, 01:45 PM
IMO, if you want a more 'streetfighter-ish' look; consider removing most of the headlight portion.

+1
most all street fighter i've seen have exposed round headlight

JustinsName
June 23rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cool, I'll be following this.