View Full Version : Hey Long Islanders...

Grn99Kawi
June 4th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Anything going on this weekend? Preferably something in Nassau.. as much as I love the east end I'm not looking to hike out there.. lol

Adam

Grn99Kawi
June 10th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I guess not... lol

Chinasmurf, you out there? I remember you put something together once...

chinasmurf
June 29th, 2009, 02:39 PM
sorry i havent been on this site in a while. How are you? I tried to get a few riders last Saturday. We rode to Long Beach until it rained as we walked the boardwalk. I have a feeling I may have bumped into you last year in Hicksville? Would that be you?

Diana:)

Grn99Kawi
June 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Nope.. wasnt me.. I just got my Ninja this winter... Sunday I was a small group on a ride down Ocean Parkway and OBI..was awesome out.

chinasmurf
June 29th, 2009, 04:00 PM
hew had the same exact bike:) Lets ride one day!!! We just got a quick flash rain with the sun out! Geez

Grn99Kawi
June 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Anytime...

P1NDLESK1N
June 29th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Where you guys located? Don't see you on the member map (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11545).

Grn99Kawi
June 30th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Im on the south shore of Nassau

DarkNinja52
July 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'll be in nassau and suffolk starting september, someone hit me up, I'll be in massapequa and centereach mostly

CC Cowboy
July 30th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Call up Brian, he's from Massapequa. Don't call to early he might still be on TV (Fox and Friends).

DarkNinja52
July 30th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Call up Brian, he's from Massapequa. Don't call to early he might still be on TV (Fox and Friends).

whos brian? and if anyone else is in the area or just likes to make friends...

heres my aim: packers18952

Grn99Kawi
July 31st, 2009, 04:43 PM
So you wont be 'here' until September?

I might go ridin this weekend.. who knows...
Not sure what happened to the LI people like chinasmurf and jonb08.. would be nice to get a ride together before the summer ends..

P1NDLESK1N
July 31st, 2009, 05:20 PM
Before the summer ends? Pshh. I try to ride till at LEAST December.

Grn99Kawi
July 31st, 2009, 05:51 PM
I agree.. I'll be riding as long as its decent out, but its much easier to plan time in the summer for me...

DarkNinja52
August 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM
I have my bike in PA with me for my internship where im staying with my dad in Royersford, when that ends mid august, i'll have my bike in massapequa in nassau county for a week or two where I'm staying with my mom, and then when school starts beginning September i'll have my bike at my place in suffolk county at centereach. i'll be all over the place for a while. So im getting some riding time in now because I got my bike a week ago, but I hope I can ride up trough december, is that do-able on long island? i know what the weather is usually like but idk how that translates to riding.

I just got my bike and i'm still learning how to handle streets and highways, but hopefully by mid august i should be much more confident in my abilities.

shift_6
August 6th, 2009, 08:11 AM
lets get a 250ride going sometime this month!
im from queens, but i only ride out east towards LI

DarkNinja52
August 6th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I might be able to do the weekend of the 15th, which is my birthday(21st) btw :)
if im feeling comfortable enough with the bike, but thats only a week a way or so and i may need an extra week to practice but just throwing it out there

cifex
August 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I can do weekend of the 15 but not 21st (Motorcycle Camping Trip = Awesomeness).

DarkNinja52
August 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM
how long into the fall do you guys ride out here? ive lived on long island forever but i really cant tell when it would be unsuitable for riding until im actually doing it... and since i just got my bike.. i have no idea..

cifex
August 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
This is my first year riding. I don't see any reason I wouldn't ride all year long. We get plenty of 50-60F days in the Winter.

DarkNinja52
August 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
i was kind of thinking until it snowed, but some people said that was a bit extreme, idk, i figure you guys would know better than i would

cifex
August 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM
It's all up to you man. I personally have wailed my dirtbike down the block in the snow when I first got it. I can't think of any reason 40-50F would stop me from riding. You just gotta dress warmer. Getting towards freezing it become less of a good idea because you have to worry about ice.....not cool.

Remember there are a lot of people who only ride because they think it is the "cool" thing to do or because their friends think it is "cool". They stop riding when summer is over because their friends stop. That's all good and fine, it just isn't me.

P1NDLESK1N
August 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Last year I rode up until January when it started snowing, and took it back out mid February.

My yoshi jacket does a good job of blocking wind with its full sleeve zip out liner, and my insulated icon jeans keep me nice and warm.

Grn99Kawi
August 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I have my textile jacket with the liner for the cooler months.. figure I will ride maybe into the 50s.. I need some cold weather gloves though.. mine are mesh and on cold May mornings my hands were a bit too cold.

P1NDLESK1N
August 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I've heard latex gloves under your normal gloves will keep you warm. Never tried though, didn't seem worth the trouble of putting two pairs of gloves on and off.

DarkNinja52
August 6th, 2009, 06:41 PM
i need to buy some cold weather gear but im down to go through the winter. i dont have any friends that ride at all, so its not like i'll be stopping when they stop. and most of my friends/people i know from hs (plainedge highschool in north massapequa) and from college (stony brook university) think its too dangerous to ride at all.. idk y but that seems to be a popular point of view around here...

Grn99Kawi
August 6th, 2009, 07:15 PM
For colder weather, I went with armored textile.. got it from New Enough..

Teknic Chicane Jacket... if you are interested check to see if they have your size and color.. It fits very nice and its warm with teh liner, but for the summer it was a bit hot in the afternoon even with the liner removed.. so I bought a mesh recently as well.
$49
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/teknic/chicane_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html

http://www.newenough.com/image/path/16819/silver.jpg

I almost bought this one..

Teknic Freestyle Jacket
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/teknic/freestyle_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html
http://www.newenough.com/image/path/17251/red.jpg
$59

I chose the Chicane, but I don't think you can go wrong with either...

DarkNinja52
August 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM
damn y so cheap? u said this is what you use for the winter and its fine?
they seem to be out of my size, 52. for anything that has to do with red/black well almost all the 52's were sold out i think

dimeified
August 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I have a bunch of friends in long island that I see on a weekly basis. Now if i could only bring myself to ride 70mph+ on route 80, the cross bronx, tapanzee, and cross island, you guys would have one more ninja. Maybe one day soon after i'm out of the 600 mile marker.

DarkNinja52
August 7th, 2009, 06:34 AM
I have a bunch of friends in long island that I see on a weekly basis. Now if i could only bring myself to ride 70mph+ on route 80, the cross bronx, tapanzee, and cross island, you guys would have one more ninja. Maybe one day soon after i'm out of the 600 mile marker.

Don't blame you, i barely want to do that in my car...

cifex
August 7th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I like the styling but I don't want to wear something with a company name stamped all over it.