View Full Version : Add review Section on the site?

Jason5885
January 30th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Here's an idea. I've seen review threads on the site but they are scattered between different sections and can sometimes dissapear to the back of the thread queue as nobody posts on them after time.

How about we get a dedicated review section, so you can easily scroll through a big list of member reviews?

Just a thought, i know I'd use it :)

What do you guys think?

Hero Danny
January 30th, 2015, 07:33 AM
+1

Baron
January 30th, 2015, 08:04 AM
+2 :dancecool:

LittleRedNinjette
January 30th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Hmm, maybe have a sub-section for gear and another for parts?

Alex
January 30th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I don't think there are enough reviews each day to justify a new subforum. We already have a gear section, a luggage/storage section, etc.

Jason5885
January 30th, 2015, 09:18 AM
I don't think there are enough reviews each day to justify a new subforum. We already have a gear section, a luggage/storage section, etc.

It may encourage members to actually bother doing reviews? I'm planning on doing a few soon, would be cool to see it all in the one place rather than dotting about the site trying to find the relevant section for it.

Yeah we do but I stumble upon random reviews in random parts of the forum a lot of times, and im like ''why haven't i seen this until now?''. Maybe you're right, but lets how many members agree/disagree.

NevadaWolf
January 30th, 2015, 09:39 AM
How time consuming is it to update the DIY sticky whenever someone makes a thread?

Maybe rather than a subforum, have a "Reviews" sticky under say General, with a list of links broken into Parts, Gear, Misc?

Or does the wiki have something similar? I keep forgetting we have that resource.

Jason5885
January 30th, 2015, 10:14 AM
How time consuming is it to update the DIY sticky whenever someone makes a thread?

Maybe rather than a subforum, have a "Reviews" sticky under say General, with a list of links broken into Parts, Gear, Misc?

Or does the wiki have something similar? I keep forgetting we have that resource.

Yes even a Reviews sticky on the gear forum would neaten things up, but then you would need a review sticky on each ninja farkle, tech section, cargo space and so on and so on.

It makes so much sense to me to create a subforum storing all of the reviews within it, otherwise its like walking into a library with no a-z's.

Alex
January 30th, 2015, 10:31 AM
I've done a search on it over the past 5 years. There just aren't enough threads to make it workable. If there are 20 or 30 review threads a month for a few months running, I'll reconsider.

Jason5885
January 30th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I've done a search on it over the past 5 years. There just aren't enough threads to make it workable. If there are 20 or 30 review threads a month for a few months running, I'll reconsider.

Understood, thanks for looking into it anyway Alex.

JohnnyBravo
January 31st, 2015, 09:49 AM
I'd like to review this review thread sticky thing idea... :thumbup:

There is one more for the list :D