View Full Version : Chuckwalla round 5, whos going?? Need info..

Braden07
February 5th, 2015, 08:31 PM
So im up in utah.. those who follow my race thread know i just finished my winter maintenance and am itching to get back out on the track.. i made my work schedule so that i could come down that weekend if i wanted to. Im really wanting to go thing is I dont have any contacts out there. I know a couple people from here that are going that race in the 600 class but not enough to ask to bunk up with them etc..

anyone from here going? I have talked to people about what to bring etc.. im more of just asking for someone to be a friend and hold my hand for me since it will be my first time down there..

also, the trackdaz website shows the trackday being sold out for both a and b group.. i really dont want to to c so im contemplating doing to NRS class to A have some on track instruction which will probably be helpful since i dont know the track and B since pace would be better in that group.. i wonder how much on track time they really get tho.. anyone with knowledge please chime in.. Here at our track days if the group you belong in is sold out usually you can just sign up for a lower group and then tell them after the first round or two that you need to be in A or B and theyll let you slide in.. i wonder how stringent the rules are with the trackdaz guys..

alex.s
February 6th, 2015, 12:14 AM
bring food and ice. the weather is really nice right now.

Zombiphone
February 6th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Trackdaz will bump you up or down if you ask, for the most part. As far as NRS goes, you get a full trackday+a mock race at the end of the day if you go that route, and I think it's cheaper than the trackday normally iirc.

the only difference between signing up for NRS opposed to signing up for A is you'll have to attend some classroom sessions while B and C are out riding that go over flags and rules and what have you. You'll actually get more tracktime that way because the extra mock race. Wouldn't be a bad idea.

Feel free to pit with all the other 250 people when you come down. We pit right by the pit entrance/bathrooms (Behind the fleet of blue and yellow SV650s), and everyone there is generally really helpful and will be happy to give you a tow. I'll be there friday night-sunday but..... now that I think about it, I don't know if anyone else on this forum still shows up.....

Weird. If you're on facebook, I can direct you to some people who will be there for the friday trackday? we've got a couple 250 racer pages over there where most the racers still post

You're gonna love it! :D

Braden07
February 6th, 2015, 09:04 AM
alex.s --- are you going to be there for the track day?? And yeah weather report is looking good!

Zombiphone --- anyone in particular you are friends with that you could steer me towards or let me know what the Facebook group page is and I'll reach out

My plan would be to leave here on Thursday afternoon to get there late Thursday night. Prob not till 11/midnight

alex.s
February 6th, 2015, 09:09 AM
no i'm poor right now. race car expenses.

Braden07
February 6th, 2015, 09:13 AM
no i'm poor right now. race car expenses.

gotcha..