View Full Version : Replacement Mirrors & Signal Recommendations

SpyderGirl
June 8th, 2009, 05:15 PM
So if you didn't already read about my wind storm accident you won't know why I am asking but... I got the estimate today for the repairs to the right side of my bike which came to almost $2K. I am looking to not have them do repairs to certain items because you don't even notice the damage and to others such as the mirrors and the signals because I was considering replacing them anyway.

So what I need is some aftermarket recommendations on flush mount signals and mirrors. I'd like to get some mirrors with the integrated signal lights if I can get a good price on them. As for the flush mounts, I was something that isn't too big, isn't too small, fits right, looks good, and won't break the bank. Please post up your photos and links of recommendations for me. I'll be shopping around within the next week.

Thanks!! :thumbup:

Jiu Jitsu Player
June 8th, 2009, 05:40 PM
rear flush mounts?

SpyderGirl
June 8th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Sorry... the fronts.
Posted via Mobile Device

ninjablk08
June 8th, 2009, 08:22 PM
So if you didn't already read about my wind storm accident you won't know why I am asking but... I got the estimate today for the repairs to the right side of my bike which came to almost $2K. I am looking to not have them do repairs to certain items because you don't even notice the damage and to others such as the mirrors and the signals because I was considering replacing them anyway.

So what I need is some aftermarket recommendations on flush mount signals and mirrors. I'd like to get some mirrors with the integrated signal lights if I can get a good price on them. As for the flush mounts, I was something that isn't too big, isn't too small, fits right, looks good, and won't break the bank. Please post up your photos and links of recommendations for me. I'll be shopping around within the next week.

Thanks!! :thumbup:

you can try theses at motosport.com ($11.99) ($17.99) and a photo of mine

SpyderGirl
June 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM
you can try theses at motosport.com ($11.99) ($17.99) and a photo of mine

Those are nice. Is the visibility good from the front on those?

I see you are in Antioch... I'm in Pittsburg. Maybe we can hook up and I can take a look at those in person.

Duvivr6
June 9th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Hey Oscar which one of the two did you install on your bike? I really like how it looks! and for those prices its worth the try!

SpyderGirl
June 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I think I'd like to get them in the smoked. I am also considering the Trojan signal mirrors they have on eBay. Never can have too many lights to get those cagers attention.

dmonaco05
June 9th, 2009, 08:46 AM
i love those meteor ones any modification needed to fit?to op- i wouldnt care too much about front visibility if u were planning on getting mirrors with signals in them.

SpyderGirl
June 9th, 2009, 09:06 AM
i love those meteor ones any modification needed to fit?to op- i wouldnt care too much about front visibility if u were planning on getting mirrors with signals in them.

Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking. That's why I went and looked at the signal mirrors. Those meteor ones look nice. I am curious about the fit and finish.

noche_caliente
June 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
don't forget about the proton flushmounts - there's a thread on here somewhere about them

ninjablk08
June 9th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Those are nice. Is the visibility good from the front on those?

I see you are in Antioch... I'm in Pittsburg. Maybe we can hook up and I can take a look at those in person.

sure

ninjablk08
June 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hey Oscar which one of the two did you install on your bike? I really like how it looks! and for those prices its worth the try!

clear ones, but a slight mod to use,if u look at the yellow one in the pic , see that white back nut ,well you cant use,so i use a contact adhesive and sealant from home depot call (Seal-All) ,blue tape to keep in place for 12 hrs and its been very good so far

SpyderGirl
June 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
sure

Awesome, I'll be around this weekend, just hit me up and let me know when you think you'll be around. I live off Leland Rd between Railroad and Bailey on the southside of highway 4 near the golf course. I'll message you my cell #.

Protons are great but expensive. I will be carrying led flush mounts but not until after you get your bike back together.

They are nice, but out of my price range. Let us know when you have this flush mounts available... I may upgrade later on.

dmonaco05
June 10th, 2009, 09:03 AM
as far as signal mirrors, a while back there was someone on the kawiforums that posted horrible cell phone pics of his stock mirrors modded to have signals in them. he never got back on to post any more info but thats something to look into.

and about the meteors, what size did u get?

SpyderGirl
June 11th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I just purchased these off eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370212657944&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

SpyderGirl
June 11th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Oscar, what size did you get? I'm looking at maybe getting the smoked ones. See you Saturday.

ninjablk08
June 11th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Oscar, what size did you get? I'm looking at maybe getting the smoked ones. See you Saturday.

sm but i think med would had been better

Banzai
June 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I just purchased these off eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370212657944&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Those actually look pretty cool. Please post pics next to stock mirrors, and a DIY when you put them on.

addy126
June 11th, 2009, 07:04 PM
:whathesaid:

dmonaco05
June 12th, 2009, 08:11 AM
spydergirl will u let us know if those need resistors or if its just plug and go? and if u could do a few 60+mph runs to check how stable they are compared to stock. are those or the flushmounts DOT approved?

SpyderGirl
June 12th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Those actually look pretty cool. Please post pics next to stock mirrors, and a DIY when you put them on.

No problem, but I think there is already a DIY on these mirrors on here somewhere.

spydergirl will u let us know if those need resistors or if its just plug and go? and if u could do a few 60+mph runs to check how stable they are compared to stock. are those or the flushmounts DOT approved?

They didn't specifically list the 250, but I think they are somewhat universal so I suspect it won't be as easy as plug and go. I'll let you know. I have to wait until I get my bike back from the shop. It's going in today, so maybe by next weekend.

novak2k9
June 22nd, 2009, 02:50 AM
check the proton flushmount thread and lemme know if anyone needs help.
You need an electronic flash relay for 4+ leds on the 250. I won't mess with resistors for possible meltdown :D

Just installed proton sides, rear led's and led integrated mirrors to front. Smoked all of them with Timiya "smoke" tint spray, looks very good. Will get pics up when done Tuesday after swapping rear led's for Radiantz led strips to tail.

The integrated mirrors were a nice addition. The shiny black matches front fairing and it's a sportier slimmer mirror. The side proton's aren't very easy to see from front when tinted, but the mirrors solve that.

Spydergirl lemme know if you need help on install, i'm about an hour away.

SpyderGirl
June 22nd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks, I wired them up this weekend. Install was pretty easy... take the bike apart was a pain. I just wired them to be on all the time as running lights and put on some nice smoked flushmounts from CycleGear. Once my others parts show up on Tuesday I'll be back on the road again.

Dave, maybe sometime next month we can hook up and ride?