View Full Version : Need help installing 4 led lights to 2008 250r

novak2k9
June 10th, 2009, 01:10 AM
First..sorry this is posted also under flushmount forum but posting here will get more attraction and answer quickly..

Got the new leds, installed them with the motrax flash it electronic relay http://www.motrax.co.uk/index.php?mod=product&id_prd=162. The 2 led's in front are protons and 2 in rear are motrax arrow leds. ALL lights flash when turn signal is on. This means I need to install diodes and the electronic relay doesn't fix this, just the flash rate.

So I review the instructions from post 76 under this thread http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15282&highlight=proton&page=2

It describes to solder 2 diodes to one wire to indicator light, and 2 wires from diode ends to wires going to socket(s). Now a little confusion here...what 2 wires?? I can understand possible one wire being the green one from light, but what 2nd wire? Also I didn't know what voltage of diodes to buy at Fry's electronics. I bought 4 diodes of 12 volt 1 watt, this good? We only need to use 2 diodes?

Please see all pics, I took photos of under the dash with complete notes. I drew an illustration of what maybe we need to do, I don't know if this is correct. The wires are colored to exact ones on the bike. Sorry but i can't update any more info since I have the bike at my parent's garage and I don't live there. I won't be able to work on it until next weekend, but and idea of what to do would help me and the others.

Anyone that installed 4 leds lights to the 250 please let us know what wires you connected. A drawing of full connection would help good, i did mine in photoshop but just plain paint will do.

This project i thought would be cake compared to putting sliders on last week hasn't been haha...and just bought the 2008 2 weeks ago. Would like to get this going and put back together...pieces everywhere. Thanks for any help and i hope the photos will help others

novak2k9
June 10th, 2009, 01:13 AM
all photos didn't upload, adding now

AnarchoMoltov
July 6th, 2009, 12:31 AM
did you buy the kawasaki relay or a universal relay?

novak2k9
July 6th, 2009, 12:44 AM
did you buy the kawasaki relay or a universal relay?

The Kawi, part # FRK1 as shown in the picture. Picked it up at the local cyle shop Cycle Gear
The wires that ran to the stock flasher had a plug on the end, i cut it off and just rewired it to the flasher.

I'll have pics up finally Monday or tues, just need to swap exhaust and put all fairings back on.

novak2k9
July 6th, 2009, 01:07 AM
also I just noticed the issues were fixed getting the led's to work.
check this thread:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=71354&highlight=proton#post71354

novak2k9
July 7th, 2009, 11:58 PM
bike is finished with lights installed.

novak2k9
July 8th, 2009, 12:13 AM
rear pics

novak2k9
July 8th, 2009, 12:31 AM
side pics

Did the Radiantz led strips for rear signals and plate frame. The rear strips add further visibility covering full 90 degrees. Protons on side lit good. From front they don't show very well, so added the integrated turn signal mirrors from ebay. They are slimmer and glossy black to match the fairings which are nice. They are all tinted with hobby tint spray "tamiya smoke"

The black headlight mesh is a vinyl screen from ebay, the same guy that had the mirrors. I took shots to show the light still cuts through the mesh no prob as stated on the package.

Painted all fairing screws black and caliper's with caliper paint. Seat provided by Custom Seat Creations "venom". Shed about 9 pounds after swapping the exhaust and removing passenger pegs/brackets, stock lights.

Big thanks to Rynownd for the Radiantz rear led strip idea...very cool.

AnarchoMoltov
July 8th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Lookz good...:thumbup: Changing the flasher was the only thing u needed 2 git all the l.e.d.'z working?

novak2k9
July 8th, 2009, 12:55 AM
no, the flasher worked with stock rears and just protons. To get 4 or more led's to work, I had to solder diodes for each side.
The thread link above pointing to other one shows what I did to get the led working fine. Basically just did what my drawing illustrates and hooked up other wire to a ground

Kstorm21
November 23rd, 2012, 11:55 PM
What kind of seat do you have...bike looks great!!!

kevheads
November 24th, 2012, 07:18 AM
that is a sweet looking black bike, all the green accents really set it off. :thumbup: