View Full Version : Scorpion Exo 700 Shields

addy126
June 11th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Quick question.... anyone owning the captioned helmet... cleaning the outside visor a snap. Inside a different story.... different slightly sticky surface due to Everclear coating. What do you guys use to clean it out and avoid the inevitable "lint sticking" even from microfiber cloths?:confused:

OldGuy
June 11th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I've got both the clear and tinted visor and haven't even thought about cleaning the inside yet - haven't really needed to.

Cedilla
June 11th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Im not sure if my exo400 has the same visor, but ive been using paper towels, soap and water to clean it. Works fine for me.

kkim
June 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
When I clean the inside of the visor, I remove it from the helmet and hold it under running cool water from the tap. Use a soft paper towel (like bounty) and keep cleaning/rubbing the visor till all the crap softens up and comes clean. After you're done, take a cotton towel and pat dry. To finish use a clean dry towel and wipe off any remaining water.

If I only need to clean the outside, I hold the helmet sideways, fully closed, so the face shield runs under the water from the faucet. Same drill... use a paper towel and rub the bugs/dirt until the visor is clean. Dry with a paper towel. I do this at restaurants or places you stop and the helmet needs cleaning.

I've found clean running water will take off a majority of what the helmet collects on the road and the face shield ends up streak free and sparkling without worrying if chemicals from your cleaner is removing the anti fog coating.

P1NDLESK1N
June 11th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Wow kkim, I didn't think it was possible to type out that much about cleaning a visor. :p

edit: But yeah, water and paper towels for my lids as well.

DerTeufel
June 11th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I will take paper towels or napkins, get them wet, and lay them on my visor. I leave them there for a minute, so that the water will soften anything that is stuck to the visor. Wipe the visor off, dry with a clean, dry paper towel, and you are done. For the inside of the visor, I take the visor off the helmet, run it under running water, then take a mild soap and use my fingers to wash the visor down. I fling the excess water off and pat dry with a paper towel.

addy126
June 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Thanx guys just want to avoid surface scratching with wiping it dry. The inside is the trouble spot with that "additive". Catches anything linty and when you are out it creates alot of "shiny scratchy" looking artifacts on the lens. Wash it again, it comes off... its the drying process that can be the trouble.:)