View Full Version : finally she arrived! :D

wayanlam
June 11th, 2009, 09:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/wayanlam/11062009428b.jpg

well after 2 months of waiting, the bike finally made it to my doorstep. that's the picture i took right after i rolled her into my house.

rode about 25Km so far, and its going just as i hoped it would. but its lacking a bit of the grunt that my old 150 2 stroke ninja used to have. however its a little early to say anything, since i haven't passed 7~9k rpm yet.

i plan to change the oil and filter at around 50 Km. ive been doing a semi hard break in, varying the Rpm a lot, and riding mostly between 40~90 Kmh.

did a little boo-boo already though, i started her up last night, in choke to warm up, then went upstairs to talk to my father, and ended up staying longer than expected... when i came down a couple minutes later (like 3 or 4 minutes) the bike was running at like 3 or 4k rpm, i was like "waaaaaaaaahh, crap!" lol

went out to dinner with my gf, who will need a little getting used to this bike, my old ninja was not that high up for the passenger, and there wasn't that space between the two seats which seems to be where she lands when ever i have to break hard. what i find a little annoying is that there arent any handle bars in the back for the pasangers to hold onto... which also helps when you need to move the bike around in tight places. definitely a little negative point there imo. wonder if there is any way to build one in...

ill just have to treat this bike more like a car when it comes to finding parking. here 97% of the population ride scooters, and they can fit into the tiniest spaces to park or squeeze through during traffic... something i wont be trying any time soon for fear of scratching the faring.

im trying to get my hands on the Go Pro wide camera, i think it would be great fun to film some of the chaos that you find on the roads here.

anyhow, time to go have lunch, a good excuse to jump on my bike again!

peace out~
W.

Alex
June 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Congrats on the bike! :thumbup:

TheGoodLyfe
June 11th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Looks great Wayan! Let the good times roll my man

noche_caliente
June 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
congrats! I'd love to see that video :) You might could even get some from your cell phone or camera

Snake
June 12th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Congatulations nice bike.

miks
June 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Congrats on the bike mate, looking good.

Elfling
June 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM
New shinies ftw!

wayanlam
June 18th, 2009, 10:45 PM
well here is another picture i took the other day while riding around to some of my suppliers buying things for work:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/wayanlam/IMG_0438.jpg

i find the gearing a little low on this bike, the Ninja 150rr (2 stroke) that i had before, i could hit like 100Km/h in second gear (redline), i think on the 250r i have to be in third + redline... somehow it just feels geared a little on the low end.

kkim
June 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM
try changing to a 15T front sprocket and see how you like it.

wayanlam
June 18th, 2009, 11:59 PM
i was thinking about it, but after reading the DYI for it, i didn't feel like getting all mukky and dukky with muscling that sprocket nut loose, and i don't have a tension wrench yet either. in the end its just a matter of tipping my toes up into the next gear, he he...

the only reason i might eventually do the sprocket change would be to have a lower cruising rpm, but here its rare that you actually cruise per se'... its more of a "sprint, break, evade blind/crazy drivers, sprint, break, avoid pot hole, sprint, stop, stuck traffic, sprint, break, dogs humping in the middle of the road!...." u-oh, well the last one happens quite a lot actually, lol

i tried to get my hands on the go pro wide camera, but in Europe it costs like $325, instead of the $200 that they advertise on their website. i tried getting it from europe cos my mother is there, and coming here soon.

maybe i just need to get my normal sony digi camera working again. been broken since a month or 2 but have been too busy to get it fixed, then i might try get some footage, and more pictures :)

tinng321
June 19th, 2009, 04:51 AM
congrat on the bike. it looks flawless.

yokozuna
June 20th, 2009, 05:11 AM
nyo-nyo bli wayan :)

stealth250
June 20th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Now just print off all of the DIY's on here and get to work!:D

wayanlam
June 21st, 2009, 12:33 AM
nyo-nyo bli wayan :)