View Full Version : Danmoto GP can -- baffle drop in

DanielObrien42
February 28th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Picked up a 2009 Ninjette with 4.4K miles on it from a friend who was leaving the country. He had it for 9 months. The guy he bought it from set it up for his wife: lowered it, put on ground effects LEDs, rear turns and tail light LED replacement, and a Danmoto GP style can muffler.

I raised the rear end back to stock and "fixed" the LED tail/turns that didn't blink properly. The dude forgot to replace the flasher with LED compatible one. I also started removing the ground effect LEDs since I was under the seat and battery area and could get to the controller.

Next area of "improvement" was to de-bark the Danmoto can. I checked their website and they make a drop in baffle that is supposed to help a bit. From what I've read from others it provides about a 10% drop in volume. I'm hoping it clips the bark a bit. I'm not against loud pipes. I do own a Yamaha 1600 Road Star (metric hog) with straight pipes, but this dang Ninjette was louder. :)

Application was simple drop in after removing the can. Haven't fired it up as it's raining frogs and alligators here in FL right now.

See attached pix.

Next "fix" is to enriching the fuel flow...

Singh2jz
February 28th, 2015, 10:41 AM
That exhaust is nuts lol..glad you got the baffle. Hopefully it brings the noise down a healthy amount. Make a before and after video!

DanielObrien42
March 1st, 2015, 08:54 AM
No before. I'm sure everyone has heard a straight can before. It is definitely mellower, deeper, throatier. No more bark, but plenty of growl. Oh, and don't mind the turkey tom gobbling in the background.

GdzTu6qVgyI

DanielObrien42
March 1st, 2015, 01:04 PM
Just a quick note. I meant to say how responsive Danmoto was to my question of fitment of the listed baffle with the can I had. I knew the can was couple of years older and wanted to make sure the new baffle fit. They got back to me in less than 24 hours.

c-dog
March 1st, 2015, 02:05 PM
Nice sound. Loved the turkey gobbling too. :cool: