View Full Version : Montreal Motorcycle Show

broken neck
February 28th, 2015, 08:43 PM
With my riding friends, our first motorcyclist activity of the year is to attend the Montreal Motorcycle Show.

I was particularly waiting for this year, with all the new small bikes going on sale this year, I was very eager to see them "in the flesh".

Well, I wasn't disappointed.

Let's kick it with Kawasaki, what to say that haven't being already said about the Ninja 300? It was time they ditched the black gas tank for the "SE" models... But I wasn't very impressed with the "SE" schemes this year... And the Ninja 300 race bike for the Canadian racing series was there.

I really liked the Yamaha YZ-R3 in red, it looked better in person IMHO. The Canadian prices are 4,999$ for the black one and 5,099$ for the red or blue one, which is under the Ninja prices.

Then, I saw the duo RC390 / Duke 390, these are awesome bikes... The RC390 is really "thin" compared to the YZF-R3 and the Ninja 300. You're more in a "supersport" stance, that's why we loved the Duke 390 for an all rounder bike. But I wouldn't say no to a RC390. As far as prices go, the RC390 will have the same MSRP as the Ninja 300 SE ABS, 5,999$ CAD.

In the Honda booth, I saw the CB300F, I loved its look, but I'd take the Duke... We stumbled on Bruce Wayne's motorcycle on a display, the NM4, a very different looking bike, I hated the mirrors, I could only see the bar ends with them no matter how I adjusted them.

On Suzuki's side, the GW250F and GW250... The only thing that went through my mind sitting on them was... Ok, more than enough time spent on then, let's go see some thing better looking...

I think the MV Augusta Brutale 800 Dragster RR was my favorite of the show... Woahhhhhhhhh... That was a beauty, I would have prefer it in white than black, but that bike was very nice, While sitting on it, I was sure I could get a speeding ticket waiting at a red light... That thing must be scary fast...

Ducati made a nice four some with their scrambler lineup... The Urban Enduro was my number one with its more "dirtbikest" look... But at 11,000$ CAD, I found it a bit expensive...

My friends never saw or heard about the H2R and H2, they were in for a big surprise, especially with the winged H2R...

Well, that's it for me and my report...

Is there any other members from Montréal or la belle province who went to the Montréal Show?

Well that's all for me

Alex
March 23rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
You made it out of there without buying a bike; good job!

broken neck
March 23rd, 2015, 12:16 PM
Pffft,

It was too easy... Too many choices, not enough time to think...

FlashFlood
April 5th, 2015, 03:57 AM
I threw my leg over a couple bikes... I gotta say I fell in love with the new Panigale 1299. Felt as light as a ninja but the specs were insane.

Honda had a great setup, you could see the entire lineup side by side.

I didn't like that Kawasaki stuck all their bikes on stands... I couldn't get a feel for their weight at all.

The Suzuki and Yamaha booths weren't too memorable, although it was cool to sit on a Hayabusa.

I like blklab's booth... They had a modded ninja 300 to look like batman's motorcycle. I checked em out, and the kit costs 1600$ (!). Great looking mod though (31blk.com)

csmith12
April 15th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Welcome KingWizard!

There is a ninjette member that has one of those fairing kits. It took him a while to get it at the time, but seems to be happy with it after getting it all put together.