View Full Version : FS: Red : 2008 Ninja 250R : 250 mi : NJ

RussBow6
June 12th, 2009, 10:09 AM
i have a red 2008 ninja 250r with ~250 mi on her. I'm in the tristate area. belmar nj/fairfield ct.

i loved the bike she was great to learn on but its time for me to upgrade also i'm going into the navy in the fall and i dont want to haul the bike around with me everywhere. i broke her in the right way and just got the oil changed and filters and a safety check from a local bike guy in fairfield, ct. its sound motor sports if you wanna give them a call, ask for bob. great shop.

also ive got an all weather cover, front wheel/rotor lock, a nice alpine stars perforated leather jacket, and a hjc helmet too if you're interested in those. let me know and welcome to riding!

if your interested let me know and i will email pictures and any other info you need! thanks!

RussBow6
June 12th, 2009, 10:10 AM
here is the craigs list page with a couple pictures...

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/mcy/1218106588.html

ironglory
June 12th, 2009, 11:39 AM
How much are you selling? Is it still available?

RussBow6
June 12th, 2009, 12:13 PM
yes its still available

i havent really set my sights on a price... from what ive seen and heard it seems like $4500 is on the high side and $3500 is low. So maybe right in the middle of that. I'd rather you come check the bike out take her for a ride and if you like it then we can work a price. I'm more here to pass on a great beginner bike that served me well and get someone else on the road and on their way. But I would like to get a solid amount of change to put towards my new bike... a triumph bonneville haha.

let me know what your thinking i'm pretty flexible. hit me up on email

wm.russell.roberts@gmail.com

adouglas
June 14th, 2009, 09:07 AM
If the timing were better I'd definitely be interested... I live in Bridgeport. But I need to zero out all debt before I buy a bike and I'm not there quite yet.

The thing is, paying new MSRP for a used bike (which is what you've suggest is "low") isn't something I'm all that interested in doing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 08 MSRP was $3499.

However, the real, "reasonable" value of any item has nothing to do with arbitrary measures like original MSRP or expectations based on other sales. If someone will buy it, then you've got it priced right. If it doesn't sell, then you've got expectations that are too high.

Just FYI... Kelly Blue Book suggested retail is here, and it's nowhere near MSRP:

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2008/kawasaki/ex250j-ninja-250r/232232

RussBow6
June 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
whatever works man... i'm not really too concerned with the cost. just wanna pass on a great beginner bike that treated me well and get a good amount of change to put towards my bonneville. frankly i dont know the market or want to get educated on it.

right now i'm just taking best offers and i have a guy coming to look at the bike on tuesday whose offer is 2900. if you wanna beat that price i'll be more than happy to move you to the top of the buyer list...

email me as well. i can respond to emails a lot faster than having to log on here...

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/mcy/1218106588.html

adouglas
June 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Cool... best of luck! Wish I had three grand handy right now.

GreezMunky
June 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
i have a red 2008 ninja 250r with ~250 mi on her.

i loved the bike she was great to learn on but its time for me to upgrade also

Wow, 250 miles and ready to upgrade? The bike isn't even broken in yet and you're only on your 2nd tank of gas. Please be safe in your choice for "upgrading". I don't want to have to sit in another safety briefing (101 Critical Days of Summer) like I did today and hear about your accident.

PS-
Please take with a grain of salt if this is not your first ever motorcycle as I do not know your experience.

noche_caliente
June 15th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, 250 miles and ready to upgrade? The bike isn't even broken in yet and you're only on your 2nd tank of gas. Please be safe in your choice for "upgrading". I don't want to have to sit in another safety briefing (101 Critical Days of Summer) like I did today and hear about your accident.

PS-
Please take with a grain of salt if this is not your first ever motorcycle as I do not know your experience.

Others could have used this advice too, but sadly once they make up their minds, as they know everything there is to know after a few rides, they'll do what they want....

tinng321
June 17th, 2009, 08:23 AM
from what ive seen and heard it seems like $4500 is on the high side and $3500 is low.wm.russell.roberts@gmail.com

is anyone buying them?
i don't understand how a used bike with 250 miles and a yr old could cost more than the original msrp.

good luck...

Kolya1981
June 17th, 2009, 12:01 PM
is anyone buying them?
i don't understand how a used bike with 250 miles and a yr old could cost more than the original msrp.

good luck...

Just playing the devil's advicate here but unless they are on sale, overstock, or not moving new bikes usually are a lot more then msrp. Gotta factor in the all those dealer fees too if you want to compare it to new. So a 3500 msrp becomes 4000+ pretty fast. Over 4000 might be high depending on the area but anything under 4000 is probably fair for this bike. New 2009 are going for 4500 by me so 4000 for this would leave someone with a bike with only 250 miles and 500 spare for gear.
Posted via Mobile Device

adouglas
June 17th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Just playing the devil's advicate here but unless they are on sale, overstock, or not moving new bikes usually are a lot more then msrp. Gotta factor in the all those dealer fees too if you want to compare it to new. So a 3500 msrp becomes 4000+ pretty fast. Over 4000 might be high depending on the area but anything under 4000 is probably fair for this bike. New 2009 are going for 4500 by me so 4000 for this would leave someone with a bike with only 250 miles and 500 spare for gear.
Posted via Mobile Device

Personally I wouldn't factor costs like sales tax, dealer prep or destination fee into the price of a used bike. That's what the OTD price of a new bike includes and it doesn't seem right to pass it along to the buyer of a used bike.

But again... that doesn't matter a bit. The right price is what the market will bear, no more, no less, and that is the end of the story. "Fairness" has nothing to do with it. If somebody's willing to pay well over MSRP for a used bike, that's great for the seller. If not, it just won't sell. Free markets in action.

That's what always gets me about used stuff, especially on ebay. Sellers who think their item is worth a certain amount, failing to understand the simple maxim that it's worth no more than someone is willing to pay.

People on both sides of the fence get needlessly worked up over this...buyers crying foul when someone posts an asking price that's too high, and sellers b*tching when all they get are "insultingly low" offers.

Duvivr6
June 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I dont know what your dealers are charging you guys extra, but I paid $4150 out the door for my 2009 Special Edition which has a MSRP: $4100

Banzai
June 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I dont know what your dealers are charging you guys extra, but I paid $4150 out the door for my 2009 Special Edition which has a MSRP: $4100

Like ANY high demand/low supply item, especially vehicles, there are certain regional "Because we have one that you want, and because we can" fees. Try to haggle with the dealer and they'll just shut you out. If they don't get your money, they'll get someone elses.

And since the Ninja 250 is the ONLY model that Kawi sells out every year, and often BEFORE production ceases for that model year, there's no shortage of demand, which keeps the price (new and resale) on the high side.

Duvivr6
June 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
So I guess I got a good deal on mine I prob would not have bought it, if the price was more than MSRP

Kolya1981
June 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Location location location! :D There is a reason I drove an hour North to buy mine instead of buying it from the dealer down the street...saved me $500. :thumbup:

tinng321
June 17th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

how would that leave them with 500 spare for gear?
the new is 09 this is an 08. you just can't compare it like that.
eventhough it only has 250 miles you would still have to factor in 1 yr of depreciation.
things lose value over time unless it's a collectible item.
also, you can not factor in the tax and dmv fee cuz when the buy purchase the buy he/she will have to pay for them anyway.

Kolya1981
June 17th, 2009, 07:56 PM
how would that leave them with 500 spare for gear?
the new is 09 this is an 08. you just can't compare it like that.
eventhough it only has 250 miles you would still have to factor in 1 yr of depreciation.
things lose value over time unless it's a collectible item.
also, you can not factor in the tax and dmv fee cuz when the buy purchase the buy he/she will have to pay for them anyway.

Because 4500 minus 4000 equals 500...seems like basic math to me. :confused: So Theoretically: If I had $4500 in the bank and the out the door price at a dealer down the road by me is $4500, I would have to ride as a squid...but if I bought this guy's used for $4000 or less instead...I would have $500 or more to spare for gear. I was playing devil's advocate, I never said $4000 was good for a used 250...just said its still less then a new one (in my area). :thumbup:

I also never said anything about tax and dmv fees...I said dealer fees...the ones around here all tack on high BS assembly fees, destination charges, etc. Its common place in my area. Hence why I traveled an hour to buy mine elsewhere. As far as depreciation goes...very low depreciation is common on the 250r. Its all going to depend on what they are going for in your area, the market, and demand.

shift_6
June 22nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
so how much are you asking for? im in nyc, and am picking a bike up this weekend, but i might pick up yours if you're asking for less

kkim
June 22nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22534

shift_6
June 23rd, 2009, 06:18 AM
huh? i was asking about the red one from NJ