View Full Version : ATGATT - Even Gloves. Especially around meteors.

patw
June 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/space/5511619/14-year-old-hit-by-30000-mph-space-meteorite.html

I'd say he would have been better off if he was wearing his gloves ;)

cwb48
June 12th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Oh, great, with all of the other crap I have to worry about, now we add meteors!

Chris

tjkamper
June 12th, 2009, 12:04 PM
So what do I do if my "out" is in the path of a meteor?

Snake
June 12th, 2009, 01:33 PM
That pea sized meteor must have just grazed his hand or he would not have one based on the one foot wide crater it created.

Nemy
June 12th, 2009, 02:39 PM
That pea sized meteor must have just grazed his hand or he would not have one based on the one foot wide crater it created.

ya not sure what they meant there... but anything travelling at 30,000 mph would hurt lol. But it probably cauterized the wound at the same time :rolleyes:

noche_caliente
June 12th, 2009, 03:09 PM
pretty neat if it's true :)

xTKx
June 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
"I am really keen on science and my teachers discovered that the fragment is really magnetic," said Gerrit

Does this mean he might have super-hero powers now?? ... Does the planet earth now have a Meteor Boy ?? Able to stop all enemies with pea-sized meteors ??

... I think I'm going to start writing some of this down ... :)

Snake
June 16th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Does this mean he might have super-hero powers now?? ... Does the planet earth now have a Meteor Boy ?? Able to stop all enemies with pea-sized meteors ??

... I think I'm going to start writing some of this down ... :)

LOL maybe it was criptonite.

Red'09250
June 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM
His hand was probably grazed by a flying bit of concrete or something. If the thing made a foot wide crater in the ground, i doubt it would have left his hand intact.

Still, what are the odds:eek:

CC Cowboy
June 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Catching a meteor and getting all this attention. I'd like to see who threw it that fast, now that's a story.

Rayme
June 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
that could have been a mess if it was about 6 inch to his right :/

MFTravis
June 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
A red hot, pea-sized piece of rock then hit his hand before bouncing off and causing a foot wide crater in the ground.

As noted above this thing had to of grazed his hand and didn't actually 'bounce' off of it.

Either way, cool story and glad to hear the kid is ok :thumbup: