View Full Version : texting and riding at the same time..

hybridxx
June 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM
saw another thread in the general discussion showing the passenger texting..then it reminded me of this video...

K59eMpWsyNE

as stupid and idiotic as it is..u gota admit that takes some skill lol >.>;

oh and look at the way people drive there..and i thought So Cal was bad lol.

BlueRaven
June 13th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Wow talk about sharing lanes and having a turn signal as an option. This might sound like a stupid question but i noticed that there is nothing pushing down on the throttle unless it's located somewhere's else than the handlebar or does he have cruise?

hybridxx
June 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Wow talk about sharing lanes and having a turn signal as an option. This might sound like a stupid question but i noticed that there is nothing pushing down on the throttle unless it's located somewhere's else than the handlebar or does he have cruise?

yea..i was wondering the same thing lol =/

ashish87
June 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
throttle lock. and i've definitely seen this many times. Crazy.

BlueRaven
June 13th, 2009, 09:05 PM
And what is a throttle lock? This would come in handy as my hands are always falling asleep after only 10 min of riding. I've had carpal tunnel for years now in both hands. I first thought that i was gripping the throttle too tight but i know now that i am not. Maybe if i start wearing my braces again it might help but can't wear them while i'm riding.

hybridxx
June 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM
maybe texting while u ride will help :p

ashish87
June 13th, 2009, 09:37 PM
And what is a throttle lock? This would come in handy as my hands are always falling asleep after only 10 min of riding. I've had carpal tunnel for years now in both hands. I first thought that i was gripping the throttle too tight but i know now that i am not. Maybe if i start wearing my braces again it might help but can't wear them while i'm riding.

Google it, there may be some options for the 250.

Snake
June 14th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Wow that gur is crazy. Just when you thought you seen it all.

SCREEM
June 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM
my all time favorite moto vid :D

xTKx
June 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM

Did a quick search on Google and didn't find much on throttle locks for the Ninjette. Went to EBay and everything listed for the Kawasaki was all cruiser bikes. However, it looks like some throttle locks might actually be geared towards handle bar size so you may be able to find one that's compatible.

Banzai
June 16th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Mad skillz!

All your text are belong to us!:ride::rock::wacko::bunnycake:

Ohh Snap
June 16th, 2009, 07:32 PM
deserves a big Fail.

tinng321
June 17th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Wish I could do that, but instead of texting I'd rather sleep on my commute to work.
lolz

tungzta
June 18th, 2009, 12:21 AM
The comments and laughter make the video much funnier. "he's just chilling...that's crazy duuuude hueheueheuhahah"

tinng321
June 18th, 2009, 07:28 PM
i think the accent is the best.
it reminded me of Kumar....

jola
June 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Locks the throttle in place, wherever you want. It isn't a true cruise control mechanism though, so if you drive in hilly areas its something to consider.

zeroth
June 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
CRAZY video!

i think the accent is the best.
it reminded me of Kumar....

Yes that would be an Indian accent. Also Apu's accent. And that of about 1 billion other (real and fictional) people in the world. :)

Strider
June 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
:crazy: stuff ! NO WAY would I try anything like that ...

Cedilla
June 23rd, 2009, 09:12 PM
It also looks like he is letting his bike drift to the left of the road without looking of anything. How are people getting this lucky, if I tried anything like I see on the internet I would be dead with in a few days.:rip:
:laser: :llama:

backinthesaddleagain
June 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
i think he is probably steering with slight body movement. i swear i can turn the ninja using my butt, though it probably translates down the leg to weigthing the peg. guy is an idiot though.

should be able to find universal throttle locks.

MFTravis
June 25th, 2009, 11:44 AM
This video gave me and my fiancee a good laugh, because it seems that at least 5x a day we run into someone not paying attention to the road due to the fact they are texting/talking on the phone. Its quite amusing that of all people, a motorcycle rider is caught doing the same thing! hehehe. As dangerous and careless as it is, it is still amusing and thankfully he hasn't (or we hope not) caused injury to anybody by doing this.

optikal
July 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
CRAZY video!

Yes that would be an Indian accent. Also Apu's accent. And that of about 1 billion other (real and fictional) people in the world. :)

Yeah, that is a video from India. But there are more than 1B real people itself.

Sharing lanes like that and talking on phone while riding is common, but texting!!
This is a very cool video. I don't know if you guys have seen it. Not related to ninjette... Watch out for the guy crossing the street at 0:38 :)

RjrEQaG5jPM

JaeL
July 21st, 2009, 11:52 AM
I've texted while riding with no hands... As well as changed songs on my MP3 phone. So basically what you guys are saying is that its not a good idea.....

Spork
July 31st, 2009, 06:07 AM
wow that second video is just amazing...