View Full Version : On Board mini fest F4 sprint

Broom
June 15th, 2009, 11:34 AM
here is the on board view from my GoPro camera for the race this past sunday morning at the "historic oak hill raceway". this is ben spies home town track. note the amount of blind corners. 1.8 mile course. very abrasive and sticky asphalt. pretty bumpy...

i felt like i got a decent start off the line, but its apparent by the time we reach turn 1 and 2 that i got a bad launch or i'm just down on power... it wasn't really my best race. we just did a countershaft sprocket change right before the race, so i was figuring out my shift points and everything during the race. i still managed to improve my lap time by a second, but not where i want to be yet. need more time on the bike.

i don't really have time to edit this down, so its just the whole race (8 laps). nothing too exciting unless you like seeing other tracks and hearing a 250 being put to the test :D

Alex
June 15th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Neat video, and always fun to see a 250 zipping around the track. The track does look very bumpy in spots, and I was surprised to see that many unprotected trees that close to the track in many areas. Layout looked fun, though...

Broom
June 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM
its a very old track, and not exactly the safest, but its fun!

the bump in turn 1 at full lean going almost top speed definitely gets your blood pumping.