View Full Version : About wider tires

bogdanb
June 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Finally I met a guy with a Ninjette, here in Sofia. Even better - we works in the same neighborhood as me .
He is a new owner. Recently we discuss about wider rear tires. I found this :

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/ninja-250r-500r/11604-150mm-rear-tire-2008-ninja-250r.html

I was wondering have anyone tried it and how this would reflect on the bikes road "behavior". I mean wider tire 140 or 150 could provide much more steady while driving forward, but it would be less steady in curve, because the different tire geometry. The only reason of planing the change is better outlook. Is it reasonable?

http://www.2fiddy.com/2008/07/larger-tires-150-on-a-250r/

kkim
June 15th, 2009, 05:18 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15074&

Alex
June 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Should_I_Put_On_Larger_Tires

Snake
June 16th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Have you asked your new friend to join our forum?

bogdanb
June 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Have you asked your new friend to join our forum?

Yes, of course.:thumbup: Unfortunately he has a minor language problem.

noche_caliente
June 16th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Yes, of course.:thumbup: Unfortunately he has a minor language problem.

You act like it's an entirely different alphabet or something ;)

bogdanb
June 17th, 2009, 12:30 AM
You act like it's an entirely different alphabet or something ;)

Well, it is . :cool: You can see the difference:

noche_caliente = ноче_калийенте

ninjette.org = нинджет.орг

noche_caliente
June 17th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I know that - I was just teasing :) I'm really impressed at how well you do on here - but then again most of the rest of the world doesn't suffer from the entitlement that the US does feeling like everyone should speak our language - I love that about other countries - so many people are multi-lingual outside of the the US :)

bogdanb
June 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I know that - I was just teasing :) I'm really impressed at how well you do on here - but then again most of the rest of the world doesn't suffer from the entitlement that the US does feeling like everyone should speak our language - I love that about other countries - so many people are multi-lingual outside of the the US :)

Yes :D I am a bit multi lingual.
May be I should have a look at the Russian Kawi forums.

Ichiro
June 17th, 2009, 03:50 PM
...- I love that about other countries - so many people are multi-lingual outside of the the US :)

+1 !

novak2k9
June 20th, 2009, 03:29 AM
I think English in Russia is like a mandatory secondary language learned... at least that's what I gather after having Russian female e-mail contacts that want money sent overseas haha..

bogdanb
June 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I think English in Russia is like a mandatory secondary language learned... at least that's what I gather after having Russian female e-mail contacts that want money sent overseas haha..

I am not Russian ! Knowing a language doesn't means that I belong to a certain nationality, does it?

novak2k9
June 22nd, 2009, 01:07 AM
I am not Russian ! Knowing a language doesn't means that I belong to a certain nationality, does it?

that was directed towards Noche's admiration of other countries learning multiple languages. Your info clearly states your residency, but thanks for the input :)

bogdanb
June 22nd, 2009, 02:08 AM
that was directed towards Noche's admiration of other countries learning multiple languages. Your info clearly states your residency, but thanks for the input :)

:thumbup: Excuse my reaction ! You are right - Russian women are really dangerous ! :cool:

novak2k9
June 22nd, 2009, 02:25 AM
:thumbup: Excuse my reaction ! You are right - Russian women are really dangerous ! :cool:

lol np :) and yup only the ones that immediately want money... so far this one from Perm hasn't and makes for one beautiful pen pal :D

too bad Ninja's can't fly :D

Captain Insaneo
July 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
My 150/60/17 and 120/60/17 Pilot Powers will be here Friday, hopefully having them installed on tuesday.

Will get pictures posted when all done, should look sweet.

Alex
July 15th, 2009, 11:48 AM
...and handle like a dump truck. Every bike that comes with the 120/60's or 120/65's up front moves to a 120/70 for better feel and a better profile when leaned over. Our 110/70's up front already have that profile. Going wider and shorter on the front tire is going in the wrong direction twice.

Captain Insaneo
July 15th, 2009, 12:13 PM
...and handle like a dump truck. Every bike that comes with the 120/60's or 120/65's up front moves to a 120/70 for better feel and a better profile when leaned over. Our 110/70's up front already have that profile. Going wider and shorter on the front tire is going in the wrong direction twice.

Well i'll see how it is, if it's really that bad i can always get a new tire, but i'm not doing any serious turns or going to the track at all.

bogdanb
July 15th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Well i'll see how it is, if it's really that bad i can always get a new tire, but i'm not doing any serious turns or going to the track at all.

Keep us informed, please ! :thumbup:

P.S. : What means "dupm truck" ? The truck part I understand.

Alex
July 15th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Here's one...

http://www.automopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dump_truck.jpg

M-Oorb
July 15th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I dont know what your talking about alex...with that huge diesel and those low profile tires I bet that thing could carve up some canyons. Or at least drive through the side of the mountain and stick the rubble in the back.