View Full Version : Icon Field Armor Vest

addy126
June 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Anyone wearing the Icon FAV... can you tell me how you wear it.. under/over or somewhere there in between. I've gotten mine out for the 1st time due to the humidity and heat here. The problem is that constant dripping down the back and sweat build up. The Field Armor Elbow and Knee pads do well and don't over heat so much and are quite comfortable.. That vest tho is a swimming pool at times. Wonder if you guys have any idea how to use it in a more comfortable fashion...... Thanx...

richierich781
June 21st, 2009, 01:26 PM
i usually wear mine over my shirt, also helps if you wear a tank top underneath your shirt, but then again i live in washington where it doesnt get too humid.

addy126
June 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Thanx Rich... outside really "sweats/wrinkles" the shirts or T's when its so god awful humid out down here. Duh.... why didnt I think of a light tank underneath? how stupid is that! :rolleyes: Thanx for the enlightment!

richierich781
June 25th, 2009, 07:40 PM
:thumbup: yup, your welcome

Nemy
June 25th, 2009, 09:56 PM
just a warning - I tried on the icon field armor vest and it fit well but IIRC when I was looking into it further, it isn't even Level 1 CE certified. If that's gonna be the only upper body protection you guys are thinking of wearing - I'd recommend the Alpinestars, Bohn or Knox back/chest armor with Level 2 (ratings based on the amount of energy transmitted through the armor). The spine isn't something that can be skimped on.

addy126
June 26th, 2009, 11:41 PM
just a warning - I tried on the icon field armor vest and it fit well but IIRC when I was looking into it further, it isn't even Level 1 CE certified. If that's gonna be the only upper body protection you guys are thinking of wearing - I'd recommend the Alpinestars, Bohn or Knox back/chest armor with Level 2 (ratings based on the amount of energy transmitted through the armor). The spine isn't something that can be skimped on.

Thanx for pointing this out Nemy.... I've researched and prefer the items from Icon... vest to the arms and leg protection of which I've got all. Well aware of the safety ratings. Most often I wear the jackets but in this humidity I opt for the Icon vest. At nite I resort back to jacket. "Some protection is better than none" as pointed out by Brian Van - Sportbiketrackgear.com:D

sharky nrk
June 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I road my brothers bike when I was visiting home in dallas. it was super hot - I can understand something cooler after that

addy126
June 27th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I road my brothers bike when I was visiting home in dallas. it was super hot - I can understand something cooler after that

I was using my Vega Mesh Jacket and had very little air blowing... actually it was blowing through the jacket but it was all the hot/humid air outside warming up the jacket! Off it came and slapped on the armor instead until it drops 5 degrees or more! However I will take this over snow any day!