View Full Version : Xena XX Series Locks w/ Alarm

FBR_BDavis
March 28th, 2015, 07:51 PM
After seeing my buddy have his motorcycle stolen, I began to consider my own security measures.. I have a garage that my bike is kept in, so I have little worries when it comes to storage at home.. However, when I'm out and about, I would like a little more security when I park the bike, even if only for short periods of time..

After looking over various options, it seems the Xena locks have some of the best reviews and best features.. My question would be, which version of the lock should I get for my 250R?? It lists all of the XX series as being compatible with our beloved Ninjette, so I'm only guessing the choice is really up to us.. Does anyone have experience with these particular locks?? Any suggestions??

tfkrocks
March 28th, 2015, 08:20 PM
The higher the number in the name, the thicker the bolt that goes through your rotor. That's really all it is.

rojoracing53
March 28th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I have one and worked ok for about a month but in that time it would go off once in awhile for no reason. After that first month or so it would take a lot of moment to activate and now a year later it only goes off in the moment I unlock it. I still use it since it is still a decent lock but I'd save my money and just get a high quality non alarm lock.

I guess at the very least the theirs may recognize my lock as having an alarm and continue onto the next bike not knowing it doesn't work anymore.

cadd
March 28th, 2015, 08:29 PM
I purchased this one last year. 14mm bolt. Fits the front rotor. I had trouble fitting it in the rear, but I didn't really spend too much time...so it MAY fit the rear. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036GNSGS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

slolane
March 29th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I have used one of these for years with no issues and really like it. Batteries last a long time (years) and are easy to swap. Will have to go look up the model, I have one of the models with a slightly smaller pin so we could use it on the scooters we used to have too.

I also use a Grip Lock: http://www.grip-lock.com/home-en/
Light, quick and easy to use and adds another layer of security.

As an aside the way I layer it is...
Always use: Alarm disc lock and grip lock.
Sometimes add U lock or NY Fahgettaboudit chain and lock, where possible lock 2 bikes together or anchor to a tree, rack, pole, etc.

Also, look up how to add a hidden kill switch, that has worked for me for many years on my bikes and Jeeps.