View Full Version : Terrifying experience today turned out okay

MrAtom
March 30th, 2015, 12:03 AM
So, you know that scene in 1984 where the guy has a cage of rats and he's putting it on Winston's face?

Well, I feel you Winston. Today, a bee hit my chest and went up into my helmet. I've thought about this happening a lot, and I always assumed I'd freak out and lose control of the bike, but that's not what happened. I closed my eyes, realized that was a bad idea, squinted my eyes, opened my visor, pulled over, and took my helmet off. I didn't even get scared until after it happened.

But, I gotta say, I'm starting to see the appeal of modular helmets.

Ducati999
March 30th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Good job--Panic in not your friend on 2 wheels. Just remain calm and pull over. Bee stings hurt way less then road rash or broken bones!:smile-beerglass:

Singh2jz
March 30th, 2015, 01:46 AM
or you could get a chin curtain..that might help in these kinds of situations.

glad you came outta that unharmed!

MrAtom
March 30th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Thank you. Ive got a chin curtain, but it still managed to shoot the gap. Bad luck i guess.

FreelancerMG
March 30th, 2015, 05:52 AM
There's actually a slight pressure differential between the inside of the helmet and outside while you're moving. That bee actually got sucked right into the helmet because of it. Not really lucky at all really. You should see the fun you have when some ass hole in front of you tosses a lit cigarette out their window and it hits you in the chest and gets sucked into the helmet. Road rage sometimes doesn't describe the feelings after that.

DEFY
March 30th, 2015, 06:01 AM
MrAtom

How I handle Bees lol

Ue4LHUYHl-c