View Full Version : Scratches on windscreen

divingtigger
June 19th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Just wondering if there is any way to remove fine scratches from the OEM windscreen. Can I just pick up some black paint and paint both sides?? Scratches are mostly on the outside of the windscreen

Thanks

Banzai
June 19th, 2009, 06:05 PM
There are lots of products out there for polishing up plastic windscreens, and cheap, too.

If you're going to paint it, paint it on the inside and leave the outside shiny, looks much better.

ztrack157
June 19th, 2009, 06:20 PM
www.buyfixit.com

ztrack157
June 19th, 2009, 06:21 PM
they use to have one for plastic once upon a time

kkim
June 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Just wondering if there is any way to remove fine scratches from the OEM windscreen. Can I just pick up some black paint and paint both sides?? Scratches are mostly on the outside of the windscreen

Thanks

how small are the scratches? do you want to paint it? if not and the scratches are not too bad, you can usually polish them out with the right products.

welcome to the forum. :)

BlueRaven
June 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
winterpeg=winnipeg??? if so welcome :canada:

divingtigger
June 19th, 2009, 07:51 PM
winterpeg=winnipeg??? if so welcome :canada:

Yep however right now we are into heat.

The scratches are pretty small, almost like the windscreen was polished with a 600 grit sand paper or something similar. I was thinking of painting it black anyways, just one of the things that needs to be done to it (bike was bought at an insurance auction).

I'm going to try to polish the outside and paint the inside and see what happens

Thanks all

Snake
June 19th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Welcome.

miks
June 19th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Make sure you post up some pictures mate! :D

ScorpionNinja
June 20th, 2009, 07:48 AM
yea theres lots of 'motorcycle-Plastic' cleaner/polishers out there!
I ordered some 'Plexus' clearner-polisher from JC whitney online. Gonna try it on my Helmets Visor, Ninjas windscreen, etc!

another thing to think about, is buying a protective FILM to put over those areas! Tapeworks.com i think had some for sale, by the Roll. Its like window tint, comes in Clear, light or Dark tint, transpearent colors of blue,red,green,etc too!

i think you just apply it on, rub air bubbles out,etc...then use a hair dryer like 'shrink-wrap' to finish applying it!

(i think you can use it Over your headlight too) though im sure doing so is only for Daytime Track riding!

noche_caliente
June 20th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Welcome! You could always pick up an after-market screen fairly cheap too... there are some DIYs posted in the wiki about it :)