View Full Version : South EAST!

Obsidian
June 21st, 2009, 08:04 PM
How about it? You guys around here want to do something.

I am NOT going to ride on my 250 to deale's gap or anything else more than 4 hours away. I will have biker butt that would put me into a rage!

I'm down for a ride though. See what you guys know of that would be fun to ride.

-Brandon

TnNinjaGirl
June 21st, 2009, 08:07 PM
I'm up. How far away are you from Monteagle, TN? There's some decent roads in that area. Franklin, Winchester, neighboring Alabama counties. Think of some ideas and we'll do it.

Snake
June 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM
Start the planning and I will see if I can make it.

kkim
June 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9683

Obsidian
June 21st, 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks Kelly. I posted in that one before I made this one. I figured it'd be nice to have a central thread for us in this area.

I'd love to go up there, but only if someone has a truck and is willing to put a couple of bikes in the bed. lol.

Apparently there is a nice little course around birmingham. That'd be the FURTHEST i would ride, and I'd still take a couple hours break before riding the thing.

bob706
June 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Get a date and place together and I'll try to make it. Birmingham for a day trip sounds good.

Obsidian
June 30th, 2009, 06:46 PM
wow, that is going to be a pretty long trip for ya. I'm not sure my butt is up to the challenge!

Maybe we can do something this weekend.

Snake
July 1st, 2009, 07:17 AM
I can easily do a 4 to 5 hour ride to get to you. Let me know the place and time. As far as this weekend goes I am available either Friday or Sunday.

HKr1
July 1st, 2009, 10:19 AM
Iam off till Monday, should have some new tires on tomorrow. My front has issues, not that the rear is any better.... :rolleyes:

Set something up!

There was a gas station up on 65, kinda where the top corner of Florida is. They had this cool eagle thing made outta wood. Would like to go back by there and pick it up, I didnt have my back pack at the time :)

bob706
July 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
I could do for a nice little trip to Mobile. You gotta have more motorcycle friendly roads than I have. The only twisties here are far and few between. Best one I found so far is the on ramp t I10:D Also Sunday is probably best for me as well.

Chamus57
July 1st, 2009, 10:44 PM
If you guys come to B'ham i can show you around. I do also ride roads here everyday and can tell you what i think. Plus i own my house and am on a dead end and know all my neighbors so have plenty of room for parking if you guys want to hang out and rest. I took a long ride today on some roads i had not been on. Man they were fun but found myself going to fast yet again. I plan to do it again tomorrow seeing that i am off this week for the most part. Also found a very nice twisty route to my comic book store. Anyway let me know and i will try to plan around the dates. But if you just want info on the fun roads around B'ham i can help.

Obsidian
July 1st, 2009, 11:50 PM
Man this worked out good. How about Saturday as that seems to be a good time.

What would you guys like? Early morn, afternoon?

Food and where do we meet. I hate to sound like an asshole, but with snake coming all the way from LA and Bob from Mary Esther, it sounds like Mobile is the middle spot.

So what would you guys like?

Chamus57
July 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM
Sat i am floating down the Cahaba and then going on a hike to see the fireworks at Vulcan. But if you guys want to do it early i am in. If i can not ride with you my house is still open to you parking and chilling. O i sent a pm to you with my number call me and we work it out.

bob706
July 3rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
time and place plz. mobile is cool with me. early afternoon-ish saturday. give me an address to meet at.

Obsidian
July 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
So I guess we are agreeing to Mobile?

I don't mind riding at all, but there isn't a whole lot to see around Mobile. I know of a few back country roads but no real twisties or anything like that.

Sorry Chamus, but I don't plan on riding to Birmingham this time.

bob706
July 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
lets meet around mobile then go from there. if not tomorrow then sunday. tell us where you want to meet at

Obsidian
July 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hmmm, Sunday may be good also. Turns out I'm kinda stacked for work over the weekend.

Let's do Sunday... around.. 10am and at the battleship park?

Lets get some more riders here. We'll grab some lunch or something, ride to the beach?

bob706
July 3rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Sunday @ USS Alabama 10am cya there

Obsidian
July 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Dude, it started raining fairly good like 3 minutes after we parted ways. I got a bit wet on the way home. Crazy!

BTW, they sell those checkers fries at Wal-Mart.

bob706
July 5th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Had a good ride but I'm wore out now. Too bad about the rain. Now I gotta find out if there is a checkers near me. Traffic going into Mobile was backed up damn near to Pensacola. Must have been a bad accident or they were giving away free beer. Later