View Full Version : Throttle Sticking When Steering Right

z0sum
April 25th, 2015, 12:24 PM
After doing some maintenance on the carbs and checking the valves, I put my bike together and now the throttle sticks when I steer to the right. When pointed straight and to the left the throttle snaps back perfect, but when I steer right it sticks really bad. Any ideas?

I thought it was a bad, bent bar that was causing it but after ordering a new bar and installing it the same problem is there.

Ghostt
April 25th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Cables are binding, recheck them, make sure They are not, also lube them while your there.

z0sum
April 25th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Cables are binding, recheck them, make sure They are not, also lube them while your there.

I've lubed them already. Also I took the bike apart again to make sure the cables are routed as best as possible, didn't see any twists or turns, seems straight as possible.

When you say the cables are binding? What do you mean?

Ghostt
April 25th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Binding as in the routing is wrong, causing one if not both to twist slightly, also make sure that the cable itself is properly adjusted, and has some slack, too not enough slack will cause your problem.

z0sum
April 25th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Binding as in the routing is wrong, causing one if not both to twist slightly, also make sure that the cable itself is properly adjusted, and has some slack, too not enough slack will cause your problem.

How do I give it some slack? Do I do it to both cables or just one?

Motofool
April 25th, 2015, 01:54 PM
After doing some maintenance on the carbs and checking the valves, I put my bike together and now the throttle sticks when I steer to the right. When pointed straight and to the left the throttle snaps back perfect, but when I steer right it sticks really bad. Any ideas?

Welcome, Kashif !!! :grouphug:

The manual of your bike shows a specific way of routing those two cables.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the schematic to post it here.
That routing ensures that the cables bend equally for both extreme turns of the handlebar.

What may happen now is that the bend is excessive when turning it right and the spring in the carburetors cannot overcome the internal resistance of the cable.

Ghostt
April 25th, 2015, 02:07 PM
You have three points, two of which is down by the carburetors, by adjusting the the two cables, pull/push, the third one is more of a fine adjustment, up on the right controls.

z0sum
April 25th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Thank you very much Ghostt, it was an adjustment issue, indeed. I didn't have enough slack on the pull cable on the carb.

Ghostt
April 25th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Thank you very much Ghostt, it was an adjustment issue, indeed. I didn't have enough slack on the pull cable on the carb.

Very good, glad it was simple and cheap fix, like my prom date :thumbup: