View Full Version : Help me spend Father's Day money ($50)

headshrink
June 26th, 2009, 12:00 AM
It's not a lot.... but what should I get?

These are some of the things I am thinking of (feel free to add to it):
-SS brake cable (front)
-Brake bleeding vacuum
-Headlight modulator

kkim
June 26th, 2009, 12:08 AM
ice cream for the kids! :)

headshrink
June 26th, 2009, 12:20 AM
ice cream for the kids! :)

Nahhh.... grandparents take care of that ;)

g21-30
June 26th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Bob,

I will help you. Just send it to me. My grand children love ice cream! Just kidding. Look for the vacuum bleeder discounted, but don't tell randomwalk101 that you have one. :D

HKr1
June 26th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Puig

noche_caliente
June 26th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I'll send you my paypal addy in PM ;) Other than that, of your choices, I would think the modulator, as our brakes are decent as it is, and you'd need something to bleed them if you do the lines, so that would require both of your other two options....

Alex
June 26th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Couple tanks of gas.

headshrink
June 26th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Got the ZG already.

..a couple tanks? I can get 5!

HKr1
June 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Got the ZG already.

Put it towards a Corbin seat then :)

headshrink
June 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Last year I was thinking about a Corbin..... but I ended up being happy enough with stock. Thus far I can take all my upgrades with me to a 650r is I ever get one, which is a plus.

Also thought of a license plate frame with the LED break/running/turn signals (a little more than $50). So lets just assume I match the $50 with $50 and the new limit is $100.

noche_caliente
June 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
You might look into the GYB products versa light in that case - I found their Stopper at my local dealer tonight, and for $15, couldn't beat it!

Ramen
June 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM
2.5 lapdances

or...

Maybe a tank or tailbag.

headshrink
June 26th, 2009, 08:55 PM
2.5 lapdances

or...

Maybe a tank or tailbag.

Tailbag - will that be 2.5 tailbags? hehe

headshrink
June 26th, 2009, 08:56 PM
You might look into the GYB products versa light in that case - I found their Stopper at my local dealer tonight, and for $15, couldn't beat it!

Thanks for the lead! I am finding them online for ~$25.... MUCH cheaper than motorcycle specific models.

Sound Wave
June 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
$50..... not sure if you ever use your horn, but an aftermarket one sounds much better. although, i gotta say, after switching mine out, i have only used it to say "bye" to my friends after a group ride.

or a tinted face shield....

rim tape.....

mirror extenders... ooh yeah, those are good. a bit over $50 though.

BlueRaven
June 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM
a rear stand if you don't have one

g21-30
June 30th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the lead! I am finding them online for ~$25.... MUCH cheaper than motorcycle specific models.

Haven't you spent that money, yet? :D

headshrink
June 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Haven't you spent that money, yet? :D

Not yet... surprizingly!
Gotta wait until after payday anyways.

headshrink
July 2nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
Just did bills, and it isn't pretty, so gotta stick to original budget of $50.

That being said, what is likely the best safety feature to add at this point.... a headlight modulator or LED running/break light bar for license plate? I already have a break light modulator.

noche_caliente
July 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
that's a tough call - if you have the brake light modulator on the back already, I'd say that's probably making you pretty visible from the rear, so you might want to do the headlights.... but then again, anything on the back to make that car notice you're stopping is always good.... I don't know...

headshrink
July 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
that's a tough call - if you have the brake light modulator on the back already, I'd say that's probably making you pretty visible from the rear, so you might want to do the headlights.... but then again, anything on the back to make that car notice you're stopping is always good.... I don't know...

That's pretty much what I am thinking....
The only thing that makes me nervous about the rear is at night it is difficult to judge my distance, because there is only one light as a reference point. Assuming I do focus on the headlight this time, I will probably come back to the rear later.

noche_caliente
July 2nd, 2009, 03:03 PM
and since the stopper bar was only $20 from my dealer, that will be pretty easy to justify next month or the month after

headshrink
July 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
I went with the Headlight modulator from comagination (http://www.comagination.com/modBulb.htm). I think it ended up being $77 shipped.

I may do another DIY... not that it is necessary for something this simple, but people like them, self included :D

randomwalk101
July 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
That's over budget!!! Where did you get the other $27? :D
Posted via Mobile Device

headshrink
July 4th, 2009, 11:45 AM
That's over budget!!! Where did you get the other $27? :D
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm from CA, so budgets are really only "suggestions" that you never plan to follow. One would NEVER spend less than is suggested though.

randomwalk101
July 4th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm from CA, so budgets are really only "suggestions" that you never plan to follow. One would NEVER spend less than is suggested though.

is that why CA is practicing "furlough" right now? :D

headshrink
July 4th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Yup, it is after the only election I have ever seen in my life where the state unanimously, and by HUGE margins (every single district) said NO, NO, NO more taxes or borrowing.... in other words, don't spend what WE don't have. It was amazing. And this was on like 1/2 dozen different initiatives! There was only ONE exception, and that was for education, and only a small part of the bay area fell for it, by much lesser margins.... so that was shut down too.

Anyways, that means they have to spend less, and thus the furloughs (which barely make a dent in the big picture). They are still trying to find sneaky ways to screw us in our sleep, but at least for ONCE we the people sent an extremely strong message and were completely united on it with no party infighting..... at least on this last set of initiatives.

randomwalk101
July 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM
you CA guys worry too much...the state is going sink underwater soon anyways :D

headshrink
July 4th, 2009, 02:32 PM
We don't worry enough.... we put our heads in the sand, or borrow our worries away. We like to tax things that depend on strong or unrealistically inflated values, and then depend on this $$ to continue to come in.... it isn't rocket science, I wonder what these politicians personal finances look like.... surely it can't be as bad as they do at work.

OK..... now we are getting into politics, I know I'm partially to blame, soooooo.... taking the initiative to say "lets let that be and go back to bikes." ;)

HKr1
July 5th, 2009, 03:12 PM
OK, Did you spend this money yet??????

If you didnt, better just send it my way :p :thumbup:

headshrink
July 5th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Yup - it's back at post #23 (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=77905&postcount=23) ;)

Sound Wave
July 5th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Yup - it's back at post #23 (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=77905&postcount=23) ;)

oh, ok good. i was going to tell you to just go to a tittie bar and get it over with already. :)

headshrink
July 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
oh, ok good. i was going to tell you to just go to a tittie bar and get it over with already. :)

Naw, those girls don't respect you, and I have to work hard enough as it is to get respect.

randomwalk101
July 10th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Naw, those girls don't respect you, and I have to work hard enough as it is to get respect.

but they do look good, hot bodies and big titties. :D

headshrink
July 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
but they do look good, hot bodies and big titties. :D

They do keep me in business.....

tjkamper
July 10th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Tankbag!

headshrink
July 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Finally got my headlight modulator in the mail today.

Be looking forward to a DIY..... not that it is brain surgery (which BTW a MD once told me is relatively easy if you have steady hands), but everybody loves a DIY!

HKr1
July 10th, 2009, 03:57 PM
^ Pictures, "WE" Like pictures :)

headshrink
July 12th, 2009, 12:36 AM
...and the promised DIY http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/DIY_Comagination_Headlight_Modulator_Install