View Full Version : Any Golfers out there?

tjkamper
June 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM
During Spring, Summer and Fall, pretty much the only thing that keeps me from riding is my Golf Game. I'm poor so I usually only play executive courses or just 9 at full courses, but I get out atleast once or twice a week.

I'm pretty much a boggey golfer, but I will usually par 2 or 3 holes out of 9 with the infrequent birdie on a good day. On average I'm usually 7 over par for 9 holes.

Tell us about your game.
Your Handicap if you know it... if not, just on average how many strokes you are over par.

If you're a scratch golfer go ahead a brag a little.

CC Cowboy
June 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I stopped keeping score after I shot an 85 one day. Now I just have more fun with les stress.

k-os
June 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I mostly play the local par three 9 hole course. I'm not very good so it's usually 1-2 over.

tjkamper
June 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I did that for a while, back about 6 years ago. Back then I was single and played five times a week. I was a scratch golfer and it still got borring without thinking of challenge.

After I got Married I didn't play for about 4 years. And then I started up again and now am starting to get back into a groove, playing atleast once a week.

tjkamper
June 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I mostly play the local par three 9 hole course. I'm not very good so it's usually 1-2 over.

Is that per hole or for the full 9?

Either way that is nothing to sneeze at. I took a class once and most people were about 4 strokes over par per hole.

if you are getting boggeys that is great!

almost40
June 26th, 2009, 04:57 PM
bogey golfer here, Was a scratch golfer when I used to live on the golf course in Country Club Estates.

k-os
June 26th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Is that per hole or for the full 9?

Either way that is nothing to sneeze at. I took a class once and most people were about 4 strokes over par per hole.

if you are getting boggeys that is great!

That's 1-2 over for each hole.

tjkamper
June 29th, 2009, 05:15 AM
That's 1-2 over for each hole.

That is still pretty good. My opinion is as long as there is still a name for what your golfing, your doing well. :thumbup:

SteveL
June 29th, 2009, 05:55 AM
My wife and I are members at Divonne only 3 miles from home play most Sundays and once during the week. If I didn’t play golf I would have more time to ride.

http://www.partouche-domaine-de-divonne.fr/index.php?hf=no&__page=home.golf

Steve

tjkamper
June 29th, 2009, 06:05 AM
My wife and I are members at Divonne only 3 miles from home play most Sundays and once during the week. If I didn’t play golf I would have more time to ride.

http://www.partouche-domaine-de-divonne.fr/index.php?hf=no&__page=home.golf

Steve

The course looks amazing. I'm sure it is pricey.:eek:

SteveL
June 29th, 2009, 06:21 AM
The course looks amazing. I'm sure it is pricey.:eek:

Week days it's 56 Euros 80 at weekends.

Steve

Snake
June 29th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Never but I would like to try it out.

tinng321
June 29th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Week days it's 56 Euros 80 at weekends.

Steve

80 per game or per day?
1 game is 18 holes right?
how do you score?
does minature golf counts?
:D

tjkamper
June 29th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Never but I would like to try it out. You should deffinately learn. Find a friend who golfs and go to a range to learn how to swing. Most courses will rent clubs for noobiees and you can even pay for a class or private instruction. Golfing is a very relaxing game and for me it is a great stress releiver. Plus in my line of work, it is a good skill to have for networking with other people higher up in the corporation. When guest's come for training I ask if they golf, and it gives us a good time to build a good relationship and get some basic work stuff done.

Lars
June 29th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I'm about a 10 handicap, playing roughly 1-2 times per week. I'd play more, but the weather sucks up here and I picked up this nasty motorcycling habit :).

tjkamper
June 29th, 2009, 11:07 AM
80 per game or per day?
1 game is 18 holes right?
how do you score?
does minature golf counts?
:D

Yeah a full round is 18 holes. A lot of people will just play nine. 18 holes takes about four hours.

Bsmith
July 2nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
I haven't played in almost two years. Not since I had my shoulder done. I don't have enough range of motion to get a good swing in. I still have the clubs though.

Live2ride
May 17th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I was gonna make a golf thread but decided to just revive this one instead. yea, holy old thread, I know. Anyway, I love golf. Two summers ago If I wasn't at work, I was playing golf (for free, employee privilege :D). I played literally every single day, some days I played over 36 holes in a row. I worked a lot last summer and therefore couldn't play golf nearly as much. I started playing golf when I was a kid but never really got into it for real until I joined the golf team at my school shooting high 90's. 2 years ago I decided to upgrade from my walmart set of clubs to a brand new set of taylormade burner irons/driver and started hitting in the low 90's-really high 80's. I didn't play as much as I would have liked last summer but I would still hit in the mid-hi 80's. I went out yesterday morning after not touching a golf club for at least 5 months and shot an honest 78 on a 72 par course :D. 3 of those extra strokes where from pulling a Phil Mickleson on a par 4 which my drive hit 15 yards from the green; I chunked 3 times in those 15 yards but I blame all the recent rain :rolleyes:. I shot even par once (72). Time for me to start golfing again :).

johnjohn
May 17th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Bogey golf here. Twice a week on regulation courses if it isn't pissing down like it has recently.

scotty
May 17th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I golf 3-4 times a month. I go to a place called Shaker Run here in Ohio. I always go with my step father. We never keep scores though. In it more for fun. :)

DFLINT
May 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
As much as I can! I'm usually about a 6 to 10 handicap. All tho the first few times out this year haven't been close to that :confused:

Apex
May 18th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Went out two weeks ago. Only shot a 95. Hope to play more than I have in the last 6 months. Haven't been too motivated since my father-in-law passed away.

almost40
May 18th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Played 18 yesterday and shot an 86. Course was really soft due to our recent rains. I sliced 3 drives in the first 5 holes into the woods or ob. Hate it when that happens. I got it worked out by the 6th tee. Cost me $20 on the front 9.

Nemesis
May 18th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I just started two months ago.

I suck. A lot tougher than I thought. What's funny is when I first started my balls were driving far and straight 95% of the time. But ever since I started focusing on the mechanics of my swing everything went down hill. Now they're drifting to the right 95% of the time. LOL

Live2ride
June 23rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
I got my first hole in one today! :D

ManyCavies
June 23rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
We live in an area that may have 80 publicly accessible golf courses within a 30 mile range. We have a spare room! We live in the Palm Springs area.

SSR
June 23rd, 2011, 07:43 PM
I used to get out all the time, playing 27 holes in a day and all sorts of good times. Then I had to get a job. Now I consider myself blessed if I get out twice a year :eek:

wtfh4xx
June 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/4/24796_trackdays_golfisforpansies_thumb-4b77ab1c5f605.jpg

:rofl:

SteveL
June 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
I got my first hole in one today! :D

Hey well done join the club.
I had one in 2003 and what made it better it was during a competition.

Steve

Apex
June 24th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I'm still dreaming for a hole in one.

TeamGreen
June 24th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Been golfing on and off for about 11 years now. When I was really into it I was golfing 3-4 times a week. Got too expensive so i play maybe once or twice a month now and I usually shoot in the low 80's which is just fine for me.

TXJ
June 24th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I love going to the driving range. Never really felt the need to play at a golf course though. It's really relaxing I find, ever since I was a teenager I've been going to driving ranges and batting cages for stress relief. The odd time mini golf with the wife for giggles. :thumbup:

Ninja_Moose
June 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I haven't had much time to play golf this year, but I used to play a couple of times per month when I worked. I recently was able to make it to the range and I can't wait to play a round. Grad school is sucking up all of my free time.

Apex
June 24th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Cycling is expensive enough for me. Hope to get out some next week. The rain this week kind of screwed up my trail riding. Will head out next week pending the weather.

Jiggles
June 24th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I took half a golf class at San Jose State. I can hit the ball perfect every time with a 7. However, I can't hit the ball with any other club. So when I go to the course I just carry around a 7, a pitching wedge, and a putter. lol....:D