View Full Version : What do you do with your gear?

xTKx
June 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Taking suggestions ... :D

Like every one of you on this board (hopefully) I love to ride!! However, I find that it gets quite annoying when I want to meet up with friends in town or do some shopping and I've got the bike with me that I have to carry my gear everywhere! My Ogio backpack is large enough to carry my helmet and shin/knee pads but if I were to buy something while I'm out or need to pick anything up it wouldn't fit while my gear is in the bag. Also, my jacket doesn't fit in there either so I wind up carrying that as well...

Looking for some simple solutions or suggestions without spending any money...

So, what do you do with your gear?

PitBull
June 26th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Here's a link to a similar thread I started that I think may help you:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19415&highlight=pitbull

Snake
June 26th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for pointing out the way PitBull.

addy126
June 26th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I use my helmet lock for the lid, my cycle guys fastpack that pops up for any goods I've bought, and carry or wear my jacket depending on the heat index for the day. I never depend on locking it to the bike with cable locks of any kind.... cut and run is way too easy for thieves. I'd refer to the above link but I like to answer something if someone takes the time to write, lessens their feeling of being ignored or brushed off.

xTKx
June 26th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I use my helmet lock for the lid, my cycle guys fastpack that pops up for any goods I've bought, and carry or wear my jacket depending on the heat index for the day. I never depend on locking it to the bike with cable locks of any kind.... cut and run is way too easy for thieves. I'd refer to the above link but I like to answer something if someone takes the time to write, lessens their feeling of being ignored or brushed off.

Thanks Addy :o That's really cool :)

I'm sorry guys, I did a search and didn't see anything specific (perhaps I didn't search long enough). I'll check out the thread above (thanks PitBull).

komohana
June 26th, 2009, 02:05 PM
hey tony,
to answer yer question, most of my riding has been commuting to and from work, so i'm usually bringing all my riding gear into my work area. i do have a backpack that has a helmet holder which has come in handy. as for other riding, am usually carrying my stuff where ever i'm at. i do have a tank bag that doubles as a small back pack i can take off the bike when i'm parked somewhere in public as well.
aloha

Broom
June 26th, 2009, 02:37 PM
i just leave my gear at home and drink lots of beers... thats what everyone else does right? :cheers:

addy126
June 26th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks Addy :o That's really cool :)

I'm sorry guys, I did a search and didn't see anything specific (perhaps I didn't search long enough). I'll check out the thread above (thanks PitBull).

Anytime Tony.... if you need some info, a genuine effort is the least I can do... have a great Central Texas day!:cool:

xTKx
June 26th, 2009, 04:14 PM
hey tony,
to answer yer question, most of my riding has been commuting to and from work, so i'm usually bringing all my riding gear into my work area. i do have a backpack that has a helmet holder which has come in handy. as for other riding, am usually carrying my stuff where ever i'm at. i do have a tank bag that doubles as a small back pack i can take off the bike when i'm parked somewhere in public as well.
aloha

Same here. Most of my commuting is actually done to and from work as well, but that's where my "issue" actually comes in. I'll be in town and something comes up (I get off of work about an hour after my wife and most of our friends) and I'll want to meet up in town with them, lets say at the movies or something. I store my gear at work easily but when I'm put in this type of situation it gets annoying carrying everything around...

Thanks for the info though. I think I might look into a tank bag. :thumbup:

i just leave my gear at home and drink lots of beers... thats what everyone else does right? :cheers:

:woot: LOL, watch it bro some people might think you're serious...

Wait, are you? :D

Anytime Tony.... if you need some info, a genuine effort is the least I can do... have a great Central Texas day!:cool:

LOL, I will now that the AC is fixed in my house! :eek: Triple digit heat and the AC goes out during the absolute hottest part of the season...go figure! :rolleyes: Looking forward to my cool house after work tonight!

noche_caliente
June 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Same here. Most of my commuting is actually done to and from work as well, but that's where my "issue" actually comes in. I'll be in town and something comes up (I get off of work about an hour after my wife and most of our friends) and I'll want to meet up in town with them, lets say at the movies or something. I store my gear at work easily but when I'm put in this type of situation it gets annoying carrying everything around...

If you're meeting up with folks, just put it in their car... that's what I do when I meet the hubby and kid somewhere

Sailariel
June 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I use the helmet locking setup provided by Kawa. Gloves and sunglasses go into the Tank Bag. I wear the leather pants or Kevlar reinforced sliders. I either carry or wear the leather jacket.

Bsmith
June 26th, 2009, 08:39 PM
If you're meeting up with folks, just put it in their car... that's what I do when I meet the hubby and kid somewhere

:whatshesaid:
I make my wife hold all the gear in her car. Otherwise I carry it with me.

Cedilla
June 26th, 2009, 09:40 PM
If im in a decent area ill leave my gear on the bike except for my jacket, because I have my wallet, registration, and insurance papers in there. If im in a bad area I usually have friends with me and I put my gear in there car. If im in a bad area with nobody with me ill just carry every thing, better safe than sorry.:cool: