View Full Version : kkim sure owns me when it comes to accessible roads!

Apex
June 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM
This is the best road I have near me. I did the cheap "tape the camera to the windscreen" mount. The camera was put in a cardboard housing to help protect it from the tape. The sound really stinks, as does the video quality. The camera actually does good with videos, this one just came out bad. Maybe my windscreen did it.

Maybe I do need a GoPro Wide.....

ZidCY1BKnIM

Snake
June 27th, 2009, 01:06 AM
You did a very good job with the video. The video quality is not that bad at all. Thanks for taking us on the ride.

kkim
June 27th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Mark,

Thanks for the ride along. I actually like how stable your camera is compared to the vid I posted of my ride.

To help with the sound, I used band aids over the mic hole on the camera. I ended up w/ 2 spot type band aids over that hole. Really helps to attenuate the noise.

I know you didn't ask, but when I ride I try to envision the my side of the road as having 2 lanes... a left and a right lane. I most always ride in the left side lane closer to the dividing line, but not so close that you risk hanging over it when you are in a corner. The right side lane is reserved for alternate lines when the left lane is blocked. Try to avoid riding in the middle of your side of the road, if possible. Lots of oil, debris and other things you don't want to be riding over usually lives there.

If you ride the same roads with the single lane technique, you'll find you need to be a lot more precise in your riding and the same roads you have ridden before using the entire side of the road suddenly becomes very challenging and you end up slowing down, which is a good thing. It helps you to develop precision in your riding style that will help you one day when you need it.

Needless to say, never cross the dividing line when on any road... you just never know what might be waiting for you on the other side.

looking forward to more riding vids. :thumbup:

have fun.
:)

Strider
June 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
:thumbup: I think you did a fine job, thanks for sharing :)

Cali619
June 28th, 2009, 12:47 AM
nice video thanks for the ride.

OldGuy
June 28th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for sharing Mark - Texas may be flat but at least you have some curves in the road. :)

Apex
June 29th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks for sharing Mark - Texas may be flat but at least you have some curves in the road. :)
I guess it is a small price to pay for being able to year round (for the most part). :)

tinng321
June 29th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Nice video.
Wide open road with 1 or 2 cars every now and then.
You'll never find something like that here in NJ.
Thanks for sharing