View Full Version : Navy sailor killed in San Diego road rage incident

snapshot
June 1st, 2015, 11:38 AM
This hits close to home... I believe that I know riders that knew him. It sucks big time that he had to die in such a way.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/01/san-diego-road-rage-crash-kills-navy-man/

I've learned from a few harrowing experiences that something as small as flipping someone off can bring on a case of "I can and will kill you!" in certain cager's minds.

Rest in peace, Sailor.

Ride on,

J~

DEFY
June 1st, 2015, 11:47 AM
That is sad, RIP. People just can't deal with their emotions the right way and lead to something as distraught as this. As a mother of a 3-year-old, she should had been a much better person. She not only messed up the lives of everyone who knew the sailor but also the life of her own kid.

LNasty
June 1st, 2015, 12:04 PM
So sad. She looks like one of the biggest skanks I have ever seen. Someone set up a facebook page called Darla Renee Jackson loves Motorcyclists" basically a page for people to share their "warm regards" of this dumb b*@#h. Has one pic of her, looking like a street walker, and numerous photos of him.

akima
June 1st, 2015, 12:13 PM
RIP

So glad that she is being done for murder.

I've thought about what to do if someone crazy ever tries to run me down. The way I see it I have two options:
1. At the first opportunity brake hard and dismount next to a hard object I can hide behind so they can't ram me.
or
2. Ride into a gap the car can't get down, like inbetween backed-up cars or down an alley way.

I don't think I'm skilled enough to outpace a modern car which can top 150 mph, has traction control and has ABS. It's also easier for a cager to take big risks as they have a roll cage, airbags, seat belts and crumple zones.

broken neck
June 1st, 2015, 12:19 PM
RIP

So glad that she is being done for murder.

I've thought about what to do if someone crazy ever tries to run me down. The way I see it I have two options:
1. At the first opportunity brake hard and dismount next to a hard object I can hide behind so they can't ram me.
or
2. Ride into a gap the car can't get down, like inbetween backed-up cars or down an alley way.

I don't think I'm skilled enough to outpace a modern car which can top 150 mph, has traction control and has ABS. It's also easier for a cager to take big risks as they have a roll cage, airbags, seat belts and crumple zones.

Fisrt and above all, don't get engaged in road rage with anybody, even if you're right...

Let it won the argument, bite your pride, let it go, stay behind and keep him in your sight.

I don't think you could won an agument over a car...

akima
June 1st, 2015, 12:20 PM
Not sure why I bothered reading a Fox news article. They can't even be consistent about the age of the suspect within one article (http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/05/29/driver-arrested-on-suspicion-of-murder-in-road-rage-crash/):
Darla Renee Jackson, 25, was heading north on Interstate 5 in Chula Vista
Jackson’s mother, Margie, disputes the allegations. She says her daughter, who is 24 and the mother of a three year old, is being wrongly accused.

akima
June 1st, 2015, 12:24 PM
Fisrt and above all, don't get engaged in road rage with anybody, even if you're right...

Let it won the argument, bite your pride, let it go, stay behind and keep him in your sight.

I don't think you could won an agument over a car...

Too right.

Some people can get the wrong idea about something though or just try to teach you a lesson. I had a cab driver deliberately nudge me out into oncoming traffic once. I think he didn't like that I was spitting traffic. People like that are rare it seems (at least over here), but they're out there.

Your totally right though. Most of these problems can be solved by getting control of our emotions and not raging at someone else.

DEFY
June 1st, 2015, 12:24 PM
Facebook: Here (https://www.facebook.com/djaxonlvsmc?fref=ts)

snapshot
June 1st, 2015, 12:38 PM
Thanks, Nick. I hadn't seen that. She looks to be a product of I don't know what.

I try to remember that the road is where all within our society (and country) come together. From the best to the worst...

Here's his page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-of-Zach-Buob/1592651704338732

Ride on,

J~

Baron
June 1st, 2015, 01:11 PM
RIP
“The motorcycle was trying to cut through some cars and for whatever reason he kicked the side of my daughter’s car,” the woman said. She said her daughter took off after the motorcycle to get the driver to pull over.
Yes, Yes and the way of doing that is 'sideswiping' the bike, ramming it and then proceeding to run over it. I think my IQ dropped 20 points after reading that.

Hero Danny
June 1st, 2015, 03:40 PM
RIP.

Motorcycle vs Cage... cage always wins.... No matter what happens guys and girls try your hardest to let things go. I know it's hard, but it is never worth it to fight with someone.

Motofool
June 1st, 2015, 04:54 PM
This hits close to home... I believe that I know riders that knew him. It sucks big time that he had to die in such a way.

Extremely sad and irrational.

How Road Rage Works (https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=996462)

.......... I've thought about what to do if someone crazy ever tries to run me down. The way I see it I have two options:
or
2. Ride into a gap the car can't get down, like inbetween backed-up cars or down an alley way.........

Those are good ideas.
Like about accidents, the strategy that prevents a bad situation is our first line of defense.
Using our skills to get out of a bad situation means that our riding survival strategy has failed.

snapshot
June 1st, 2015, 06:21 PM
I agree, Motofool. That said, I think it's a combination of self-control, situational awareness and social skills that help us avoid encountering/causing a rager in the first place.

Unless riding really aggressively, we have time to assess the traffic situation and pick out the pattern breakers. We can then plan our way by if necessary. (Although sometimes it's hella fun to just sit back and enjoy the show! I once watched two Beemer sedans racing through traffic collide just a little ahead of me.)

The 'social message' that a loud pipe sends isn't necessarily the one received. We may like it, but to others it's just loud noise. (I can't stand leaf-blowers, but feel certain that gardeners don't have that problem.) Sometimes we anger others without realizing it. Picking them out early is the hard part and avoiding enraging them further is even harder.

Before all that is step number one. Deciding before you throw the leg over that people like that don't have the power to make you angry and then following through on it.

Ride on,

J~

snot
June 1st, 2015, 07:13 PM
RIP.

they should make an example out of her. Enough is enough, there is no reason to take a life because of road rage.
personally I say reopen Alcatraz, she can be the first new tenant.

Kevin1956
June 1st, 2015, 07:15 PM
Saw the Facebook pages, her pics. What a skank. How much you want to bet she was high on methamphetamine? She definitely looks like the type.

Rifleman
June 1st, 2015, 08:25 PM
If memory serves, Naval Special Warfare Command... is code for Navy SEAL... San Diego is home for Team 2

an angry woman in an Altima doing what 100 Taliban can't.

cadd
June 1st, 2015, 10:16 PM
Did you guys see the fb page? She's batshit crazy! 's. Many people who knew her had such horrible things to say about her. And this isn't just rumors. These people posted screenshots of PMs that she sent them!

She is an absolute animal!

Kevin1956
June 1st, 2015, 11:29 PM
WITNESS VIDEO PRIOR TO ACCIDENT. http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Video-Motorcycle-Road-Rage-Death-Navy-Sailor-San-Diego-305681651.html I hope they throw her into a deep dark hole for the rest of her miserable life.

EsrTek
June 2nd, 2015, 07:08 AM
Of course to the mother she is perfect lil angel.... why can't parents see the truth w/ their kids!!

That guy goes out to protect her right to eat 24hrs a day and be fat as ****... and she runs him over for a few secs of traffic space.

greenaero
June 2nd, 2015, 07:35 AM
Sickening. What a tragedy for all involved. I wish that people with severe anger issues could read this, recognize their problem and avoid doing something that harms others and themselves. Very sad, RIP brother.

LittleRedNinjette
June 2nd, 2015, 07:44 AM
Lock her up and lose the key.

So sad and senseless. :(

crazymadbastard
June 2nd, 2015, 07:49 AM
Sad.

Rifleman
June 2nd, 2015, 10:45 AM
Of course to the mother she is perfect lil angel.... why can't parents see the truth w/ their kids!!

who do you think installed the full on bat s*** crazy?

who do you think installed her version of family values?

who do you think stroked the ego until she thought she owned the road and could run over anyone got in her way?

of course ma thinks she's a perfect lil angel... mom thinks that behavior is acceptable, admirable even.

akima
June 2nd, 2015, 12:04 PM
Kevin1956 - the video on the page you linked wouldn't play for me. I guess this is it?
iF9X1eVmppQ

Kevin1956
June 3rd, 2015, 02:18 AM
akima, yes that's it.

Kevin1956
June 3rd, 2015, 02:26 AM
Her arraignment. Her attorney claims she was the victim. http://www.10news.com/news/1m-bail-for-woman-accused-of-road-rage-killing

Kevin1956
June 3rd, 2015, 02:29 AM
She's a psycho known for a violent past, including trying to run someone else over before. http://www.10news.com/news/documents-reveal-accused-drivers-violent-past

FrugalNinja250
June 3rd, 2015, 05:55 AM
Road-ragers suck. Down here in Texas I routinely set them off by flashing my brake lights to indicate that I'm not happy with how close they're tailgating me. Because tailgating is perfectly legal and acceptable behavior in this state I only do this when they're less than one second behind me at highway speeds. It's not unusual to be tailgated by less than a car length on the freeways here.

Now, I'm certain that there are a few tailgaters here on the forum who will come out and say that I deserve the responses I get for "brake checking" a tailgater, but let me be clear right now, before the discussion devolves that way, that when I say I flash my brake lights, I mean that's all I do. My front brake lever switch is adjusted such that the light comes on a full half inch of lever end travel before the front brake itself activates. This means that I can blink my brake light all I want without actually affecting my road speed at all. Also, in this state people have been successfully prosecuted for brake checking someone into an accident. Back in the '90's a young guy that road-raged an elderly woman for driving too slow brake checked her into a fatal crash, he went to prison for that.

That being said, road ragers are scum, they deserve to be put down for being the dangerous animals they are.

akima
June 3rd, 2015, 08:20 AM
^ Never thought of myself as a dangerous animal.

Lots of people have felt road rage (including me). Not everyone that feels it makes the decision to murder someone (I haven't).

At worse I will flip someone off. Usually I just swear inside my helmet. If I stay mad I pull over and wait for the anger/rage to roll out of my system.