View Full Version : Bringing in a new Family Member

DEFY
June 4th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Alright guys, so I been riding the ninja for 2 seasons now and still enjoy it. However, I am looking to upgrade and perhaps keep the ninja and track it if can. So comes in craigslist, I watch it daily to see if anything jumps out.

Can I get your thoughts on the following post, miles are a little high and I would have to personally check on how much cosmetic damage it has but it looks purdy descent from the internet view lol?

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/mcy/5057340854.html

csmith12
June 4th, 2015, 06:11 AM
That is a bit pricey for a bike that needs a rect/stator. You can ohm test the stator but not the rect. And it sucks just throwing parts at it because neither of these parts are really cheap. About 75'ish for the rect and 2 big faces for the stator + any labor if you need a shop to put them in. I would rather bump my budget up a couple of bills and maybe you can find a bike that has less scrapes and requires no work.

Those bikes are pretty tough though, your call.

DEFY
June 4th, 2015, 06:15 AM
I have no problem doing the work myself, when it comes to replacing parts. Only thing I can't really do is change tires, since I don't have the proper tools to de-bead them.

crazymadbastard
June 4th, 2015, 06:55 AM
too much, shop will probably charge $250 + parts to repair charging system plus body work could easily be $500. $2000-$2500 bike imo. Tell him to
repair and do body work and you will pay $3400.

DEFY
June 4th, 2015, 07:01 AM
crazymadbastard csmith12
Thanks for you guys's input. I will keep them in mind and see if any others have the same feeling. Just keeping an eye out and this one caught it. Not making any decisions yet. Besides, winter time is the best for picking up lower priced bikes.

crazymadbastard
June 4th, 2015, 07:06 AM
oops missed the rear tire part- doing burnouts? :confused: