View Full Version : N250 vandalized while at work today

subxero
June 10th, 2015, 06:54 PM
So rode to work, parked in our parking lot which is down an alley from the building, and it is next to a high traffic road, so my bike is often visible from that road and have never had warm fuzzies about leaving it there.

Well got geared up walked out to the bike and turn the key dash lit up pushed the start button and nothing, no sound nothing.... that's interesting. Checked lights, they worked, battery was fine and regardless no start sound at all. I always start the bike in neutral, but checked kickstand, held in clutch anyway still nothing. Look down and notice a green plug for a wire bundle just kinda hanging out in the fairing :confused: Maybe it came unplugged somehow when i locked my steering?

Nope, some **** head cut the wire bundle for my right bar controls and took the male side of the plug :mad:

Whatevs, **** them, i cut 2 pieces of wire off the already cut wire and bridged the kill switch circuit closed on the female plug and used the other to bridge the start button circuit closed so i could start the bike easily while it was cold. Then just taped the plug up with the kill switch circuit still bridged closed and rode home. Had to stop for gas on way but since the bike was warm i just jump started it quickly no muss no fuss. Made it home no problem.

Now what? Maybe request i can park somewhere different? try to park more hidden amongst cars? Were they just being pricks or trying to set the bike up to be stolen later expecting i would leave it? Don't think they were trying to steal it at that particular moment, doesn't seem to make sense cutting that plug bundle, would only make things harder.

Ill probably ride it again tomorrow as is :smile-beerglass: Might set up a camera on it, i dunno.

Here are some pictures after i got home. The cut wires looked a little different, i originally pulled them out a bit further to get at them easier and again cut some off to make the small pieces to close the circuits, but they were definitely cut by someone

Motofool
June 10th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Sorry that has happened to you :(

Very weird thing that can take away your peace of mind when at work.

ForceofWill
June 10th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Man that sucks. Think they stole a bike previously and needed that plug?

subxero
June 10th, 2015, 07:17 PM
^ was trying to wrap my head around that thought but it's not rocket science and again why steal a cheap plug you could just splice the wires together unless you needed the color code as the colors in are not the same as the colors out. IDK?

Klondike1020
June 10th, 2015, 07:22 PM
My guess would be prep for take out later.

Scratchy bs

Game camera that **** then saw that ahole down with a dull machete.

That makes me angry for you. I would volunteer to stake out your bike the whole day just to catch the tard. Alas u live to fer a way

Jono
June 10th, 2015, 07:26 PM
^
My guess as well. They were probably hoping you'd leave the bike at work if you couldn't get it started. Then they snatch it up later.

cadd
June 10th, 2015, 09:10 PM
That sucks!

I too, think they were hoping you'd just leave the bike overnight.

DEFY
June 11th, 2015, 04:56 AM
WTF... freakin useless people. Sorry for what happened.

kdogg2077
June 11th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Damn dirt bags. I wonder if they were planning on picking it up later or maybe they wanted to hot wire it and got interrupted? Probably the former.

I don't suppose your work has a camera on that parking lot?

You can get disc lock/proximity alarms for like $70.

Sucks that we have to worry about security for our bikes.

capt_bugaloo
June 11th, 2015, 05:24 AM
Yes, I think this vandalism was too specific towards disabling the bike rather than defacing it. I'd also guess that they were hoping to come back and steal it if you didn't manage to get it home.

LittleRedNinjette
June 11th, 2015, 05:56 AM
That sucks! :(

People suck... Most of them anyway...

"A"
June 11th, 2015, 07:46 AM
That really sucks.
Seems like someone didn't like that place you parked or just needed the male plug..

I always park my Ninja in plain view, sometimes even among the bicycles near the bicycle racks on sidewalk.

Hero Danny
June 11th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Sorry this happened to you.

Whenever I leave my bike for long periods of time I always throw a cover over it. A $20 crappy walmart cover. Haven't had a problem yet.. and I've had to park my bike in some really sketchy areas before.

subxero
June 11th, 2015, 09:18 AM
^ not a bad idea, I have a cover, it wouldn't be difficult to carry it in my bag with me and put it on while at work. Kind of like an out of sight out of mind thing and an extra thing to deal with.

SMman
June 11th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Cover is a good idea but be careful on windy days. I've heard about covers acting like sails and knocking bikes over. Disc lock/alarm is also a good idea, just don't forget it on the disc. I put a rubber band on my throttle as a reminder to take it off.

capt_bugaloo
June 11th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I've been parking bikes outside with covers for over 20 years. As long as the cover is put on snuggly and the bike is parked out of the open wind, it shouldn't be a problem.

xorbe
June 11th, 2015, 11:40 AM
That's a brilliant suggestion. Thieves disabling a bike in the day, and coming back at night, hoping it was left there.

SMman
June 11th, 2015, 11:53 AM
I've been parking bikes outside with covers for over 20 years. As long as the cover is put on snuggly and the bike is parked out of the open wind, it shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't had any problems either, just read about some people who have. My cover has a strap that goes under the bike and it fits the bike well.

alex.s
June 11th, 2015, 11:57 AM
next time you park there, make sure to rev it really loud and annoying to make sure the POS knows you're back. keep a watch out, and when the person comes back to **** with it again because they didn't do good enough job last time, go out and teach them a lesson.