View Full Version : had a track crash, need a new left side lol

gizmogamez
June 30th, 2009, 10:12 AM
ok so i have an 09 SE, went down at the track....looking for a new front faring, left side faring, left rear tail, shifter peg, and i might be looking for new forks or a tripple clamp as soon as i figure out why my alignment is off :S:S:S

only parts able to be shipped to canada thx.

Alex
June 30th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Are you OK?

gizmogamez
June 30th, 2009, 12:53 PM
i got off lucky. bumps brusied and some rash through my leathers. very lucky for a 100kmph crash. they track guys got it on film to so i have pics i can post later.

kkim
June 30th, 2009, 03:54 PM
forks may just be tweaked in the triple clamps. very easy fix, if it is.

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 05:03 AM
Someone told me to try loosening all the bolts on the front end and then pushing it down a few times so the forks and everything can straighten themselves out, then tighten it all back up.

wow...so I just had to pay $55+tax for a left front turn signal. and they want $75+tax for the left side tank plastic....wow, I think some coloured electrical tape will work well for most of it untill I can find some better prices. I'm sure i'm not the only one to down a 250 SE. maybe some one took a spill on the right side of their bike and still has some good left or front farings lol

noche_caliente
July 2nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
Mike - I can help you with how to do a fiberglass patch from the back side if you'd like :)

smcbride11
July 2nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
untill I can find some better prices

Check Babbitt's Sports Center online... They've got the best prices for OEM parts I've seen (except you've got to pay shipping). I usually buy from my local dealer but use their prices as a reference - my dealer says he appreciates the business and doesn't complain that I make him get close to the online prices, so I'll keep doing it. :D

Broom
July 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
looking forward to this video ;) :D

glad you and the bike are doing well.

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 09:34 AM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=77315#post77315

put up the pics....

kkim
July 2nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Someone told me to try loosening all the bolts on the front end and then pushing it down a few times so the forks and everything can straighten themselves out, then tighten it all back up.

almost. loosen the 4 bolts on the triple clamps that hold the forks. with them loose, find a stationary object (wall, curb, tree, etc) and whack the wheel/tire sideways into the stationary object from the opposite direction of the misalignment. once straight, retorque the 4 bolts.

gizmogamez
July 3rd, 2009, 05:06 AM
cool, thx kelly! I'll give that a try as soon as I can use tools again, sadly it was my right had I hurt so it could be another week. I hope it's that easy.

Nemy
July 7th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Any luck searching for a SE fairing mike? I'm looking into it too lol and the best thing I could find was a green fairing on ebay for cheap, paint the black yourself then buy cheap white vinyls. Dunno dealer prices yet...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09-EX250-EX-250-NINJA-250R-NEW-RH-FAIRING-KAWASAKI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2 em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem19b4f8a90aQQitemZ110410377482QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fA ccessories

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cheapcycleparts/Kawasaki_OEM/KawasakiMC.asp?Type=13&A=7&B=58

gizmogamez
July 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM
nothing yet tim, my friend has a guy he uses for his gsxr so i emailed him asking about parts. i might just take my time looking for deals and fix it up after track season lol.

divingtigger
July 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I am going to have duplicates from my rebuild most likely. Haven't figured out what yet though. Some will need repairs though and it will be straight green. Once all the parts get here I'll go through them and let you know....assuming you haven't found any yet

gizmogamez
July 10th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I am going to have duplicates from my rebuild most likely. Haven't figured out what yet though. Some will need repairs though and it will be straight green. Once all the parts get here I'll go through them and let you know....assuming you haven't found any yet

that would be great!

I haven't bought anything yet. the bike is rideable so it's just my ego that is at stake now lol.

thx rob

patw
July 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Sounds rough, glad you're ok. If I crash I know where to send the parts ;)

How much is St. Onge asking for the replacement bits?

gizmogamez
July 13th, 2009, 04:27 AM
st.Onge is asking $525 for the upper front, $80 for the lower side, $75 for the tank plastic, and $85 for the left tail side....I didn't ask what a new lest handle bar would be lol....those are crazy prices....They charged me $60 for a new turn signal, but they had the fastest delivery time so i just paid it so i could get back out on the rd.

Nemy
July 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM
hold on! do you mean $525 for the front side and $80 for the front?! Cause otherwise you're getting a sweet deal on the front side fairing.

This is what I got from Kahuna:

The SE side fairing is $749.53 per side, and for the 2008 green is $334.12 per side. The SE fairings come pre painted in the black white and green color.

and instead of replacing the bars why not just get bar sliders? The shogun kit comes with fairing, bar and spool sliders

Nickds7
July 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
2008 green should be $198 for a lower cowling. Unless that (334.12) includes shipping. mrcycles.com is where I found mine.

gizmogamez
July 14th, 2009, 04:45 AM
**my bad**

I ment $480 for the side. TYPO lol.

I went to St.Onge in barrie, side cowling for the SE (black and green, not sure if it included the white sticker) was $480
The front (around the head light) was $525

divingtigger
August 20th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Might be parting my bike out instead of fixing it up. Can't find a good used frame