View Full Version : anyone have a dyno run with a muzzy?

nate-bama
June 30th, 2009, 05:56 PM
and what jet kit did you use

nate-bama
July 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM
ok thanks to someone, i was curious and now i know
http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?p=634037&sid=a8296f2dce1d7c69e1ba1089c2087c2f

ASecretNinja
July 27th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Don't forget that dyno charts don't take into consideration the 20 pounds you're saving by switching from the god awful heavy stock cast iron exhaust. Handling VASTLY improves.

Racer x
July 27th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I dynoed my 2003 ex 250 with a muzzy K&N pods and 110 jets with a Dynojet kit . It was just under 30 hp with 13 ft lb of torque . It ran great.

ROADandTRACK
July 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Yep, 29hp for our racebike.

nate-bama
July 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
cool thanks for the feedback, i still dont know where to go with my exhaust ive seen the slip ons make as much power but i want a 2 in 1

ROADandTRACK
July 29th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Get the Muzzy, it is the best pipe out there for the old gens.

nate-bama
July 29th, 2009, 05:01 PM
just got offered a new..old yoshi 2 in 1 400 bones

ROADandTRACK
July 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM
The older MUZZY w/ the more horizontal muffler is better, so get it. They make the new ones more angled up tolook modern (i guess). But they drag the ground around corners.

kkim
July 29th, 2009, 09:12 PM
just got offered a new..old yoshi 2 in 1 400 bones

this one?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24289

nate-bama
July 30th, 2009, 03:23 AM
yeah hadnt seen it here. what cha think is this a reproduction?

kkim
July 30th, 2009, 04:32 AM
dunno... I was hoping R&T would lend his expertise on this. :)

ROADandTRACK
July 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Oops I meant the older Muzzy NOT the Yosh.

Stick w/ the Muzzy (even the new one) over the Yosh. It doesn't cost much more than that and is a MUCH better pipe. Stainless Steel pipes too, not painted.

Imthebriman
August 16th, 2009, 07:46 AM
What about the sexy area p?! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

nate-bama
August 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
still waiting for the area p, i was bored and wondered what the dyno charts look like on other options

nate-bama
September 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Yep, 29hp for our racebike.

would pulling my baffles help as opposed to buying the aftermarket exhaust, weight loss isnt a big concern for me

ASecretNinja
September 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM
would pulling my baffles help as opposed to buying the aftermarket exhaust, weight loss isnt a big concern for me

:rolleyes:

15 pound weight loss on a 300-odd pound bike SHOULD be a concern for you, that is assuming that you are replacing your exhaust pipe for performance reasons? Or are you a squid just looking for something noisy? It's not all about horsepower when it comes to anything with a motor in it. It is about the POWER to WEIGHT RATIO. You honestly won't see more than a couple HP (if that) from a new exhaust system, BUT coupling that couple horsepower with a dramatic weight reduction is ultimately where the performance is going to come from, particularly on an engine as underpowered (compared to other bikes) as a 250.

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM
:rolleyes:

15 pound weight loss on a 300-odd pound bike SHOULD be a concern for you, that is assuming that you are replacing your exhaust pipe for performance reasons? Or are you a squid just looking for something noisy? It's not all about horsepower when it comes to anything with a motor in it. It is about the POWER to WEIGHT RATIO. You honestly won't see more than a couple HP (if that) from a new exhaust system, BUT coupling that couple horsepower with a dramatic weight reduction is ultimately where the performance is going to come from, particularly on an engine as underpowered (compared to other bikes) as a 250.

well yeah i am a squid( regardless of the majority of the forum members opinions on this issue) and im probably bigger (weight) than the average 250 rider. my bike is jetted and i allready have say 2/3 the performance than with a spendy pipe and my question was to someone who has experience with this issue. save your b.s. for one who cares what you think. i was hoping to hear from one of the fellas who gets their hands dirty. i think i can poop 15 lbs out in the morning if i need to.

again anyone out there pull their baffles after jetting?

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 12:31 PM
oh and i believe the bikes wet weight to be more like 360 or so and with my say 220 whats 15 lbs?

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I dynoed my 2003 ex 250 with a muzzy K&N pods and 110 jets with a Dynojet kit . It was just under 30 hp with 13 ft lb of torque . It ran great.

even without the muzzy the 110 have produced the best a$$ dyno results for me,
what are yall doing with your needles, and if anything with the pilot jet and floats?

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Don't forget that dyno charts don't take into consideration the 20 pounds you're saving by switching from the god awful heavy stock cast iron exhaust. Handling VASTLY improves.

you sound like your paid by someone selling a product that saves a amazing 18lbs blah blah blah, the way half yall talk around here makes me laugh

Greg_E
September 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
FYI 18 pounds is about 5% of the wet weight. +3 horsepower is somewhere between +10 and +15 percent which is a very large amount.

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 07:38 PM
FYI 18 pounds is about 5% of the wet weight. +3 horsepower is somewhere between +10 and +15 percent which is a very large amount.

dude wtf has this got to do with what i was inquiring

some people may run around at 150lb body weight with their -18lb exhaust weight and one gal of gas in the tank and its relevant to my question how

if i could save 18lbs unspung weight speak up . i allready run a mt 75 so what % did i save there einstein

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 07:56 PM

is it really cast iron ? please dude post something about changing your oil and ignore me

all you people with squid comments or whatever you baptists wish to preach go on ask alex to open up a saftey forum or a tampax forum
and leave the people with geniuine performance related questions alone

Greg_E
September 5th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Whatever... Good luck

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
whatever dude.....

in this post

Alex
September 6th, 2009, 08:09 AM
/thread closed. PM's sent.

ROADandTRACK
September 8th, 2009, 08:44 AM
The exhaust is worth the $$$. In weight and HP. It makes a HUGE improvement even if the numbers seem low.

nate-bama
September 8th, 2009, 01:25 PM
The exhaust is worth the $$$. In weight and HP. It makes a HUGE improvement even if the numbers seem low.

I would love a 2 in 1, but i'm really curious about seeing what the stock system can put out/ I know your bike has alot of machine work done on it iirc

ROADandTRACK
September 8th, 2009, 01:59 PM
No machine work at all. The stock exhaust chokes even this small motor. Not worth messing w/ IMHO. The Muzzy will tuned to give a very good pull all thru the revs. The stocker will not do this. It needs to be turned into a boat anchor, it would work better.

nate-bama
September 8th, 2009, 03:15 PM
No machine work at all. The stock exhaust chokes even this small motor. Not worth messing w/ IMHO. The Muzzy will tuned to give a very good pull all thru the revs. The stocker will not do this. It needs to be turned into a boat anchor, it would work better.

sorry i was reading someones mod list and thought it was you, Now that my intake has been opened up i agree that improvements can be made. If I can free up the stock exhaust and gain a decent % of the gains possible with the muzzy id be happy. Found a neat article might try something along these lines

http://www.freewebs.com/leo5045/exhaustmodpictures.htm

I'm thinking maybe use a different material than the stock stuff , gonna have to think a bit:eek:

ASecretNinja
September 12th, 2009, 03:06 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/leo5045/exhaustmodpictures.htm

I'm thinking maybe use a different material than the stock stuff , gonna have to think a bit:eek:

Lots of fail in this here thread. That is what we call an ALL SHOW NO GO mod. It's like you're waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear, but when people like myself and Greg_E, and R&T tell you the importance of HP to weight ratio, and the awfulness of the stock exhaust system, you start cussing us out because it's not what you want to hear.

Pulling out the baffles will give you maybe 5% of the results of a full muzzy system. You will hardly shave any weight off, and you'll have a touch less back flow. I say go for it. Then when that doesn't work, come back to this thread and re-read it when you want to get serious about an exhaust upgrade instead of Tim Allening your way through an exhaust modification.

ROADandTRACK
September 12th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Well put and not as rude as I kept deleting from my posts.

I could not figure out how to explain what you just said to him w/o coming off as a dick. :D

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Lots of fail in this here thread. That is what we call an ALL SHOW NO GO mod. It's like you're waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear, but when people like myself and Greg_E, and R&T tell you the importance of HP to weight ratio, and the awfulness of the stock exhaust system, you start cussing us out because it's not what you want to hear.

Pulling out the baffles will give you maybe 5% of the results of a full muzzy system. You will hardly shave any weight off, and you'll have a touch less back flow. I say go for it. Then when that doesn't work, come back to this thread and re-read it when you want to get serious about an exhaust upgrade instead of Tim Allening your way through an exhaust modification.

i am serious about upgrading my exhaust..thanks for coming back to let me know what a idiot i am.

btw tool time rocks

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 07:20 AM
oh i havnt seen a jetted bike with pods with a stock exhaust on a dyno, but my ass dyno tells me that the muzzy or areap or whatever isnt gonna do much except lighten my wallet but as you have all pointed out the handling will vastly improve

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Well put and not as rude as I kept deleting from my posts.

I could not figure out how to explain what you just said to him w/o coming off as a dick. :D

come off as a dick if you prefer, i've appreciated your input

noche_caliente
September 13th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Nate, have you bothered to look at the dynos for the area p exhaust? Your ass dyno is pretty inaccurate if you haven't

Racer x
September 13th, 2009, 09:12 AM
even without the muzzy the 110 have produced the best a$$ dyno results for me,
what are yall doing with your needles, and if anything with the pilot jet and floats?

. I ran my 2003 on the dyno with the needle from the dynojet kit in the center slot. Like I said DJ #110 main jets. It was very lean with the K&N pod filters. It had a BAD flat spot when you would open the throttle. I think I got to #38 pilot jets did nothing with the floats.

I have watched a lot of 250cc runs . people with first gen 250s running for land speed records at Maxtons Monster mile . and Drag racing . From what I have seen . Just pulling the muffler goes faster than a Muzzy. But I don't know what they have done to there bikes. But bang for the buck You cant beat something for nothing that makes horsepower and noise. And the flames are cool .

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 11:09 AM
. I ran my 2003 on the dyno with the needle from the dynojet kit in the center slot. Like I said DJ #110 main jets. It was very lean with the K&N pod filters. It had a BAD flat spot when you would open the throttle. I think I got to #38 pilot jets did nothing with the floats.

I have watched a lot of 250cc runs . people with first gen 250s running for land speed records at Maxtons Monster mile . and Drag racing . From what I have seen . Just pulling the muffler goes faster than a Muzzy. But I don't know what they have done to there bikes. But bang for the buck You cant beat something for nothing that makes horsepower and noise. And the flames are cool .

ok thanks racer x, we need more like you around here... from what i understand it's their intake that really has the restriction and yes ive looked at the area p dyno charts. My ass dyno works ok lets see a comparison between a jetted, podded bike with stock exhaust. My point is the exhaust is a waste of money imho

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 03:57 PM

So this un godly heavy stock exhaust is cast iron??? and with less back pressure i will gain 5%?? thanks bro

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 04:01 PM

I'm sorry if I missed something, whats the zipcode the at maxton ill come out?

Racer x
September 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Gosh I don't know the zip code of the airport that we race on . The hotels are five minutes away and there zip is 28352 . The next meet is this coming weekend 19-20th.And super street bike fastest street bike shoot out. With speeds approaching 250 mph.
You can find directions at
www.ECTA-LSR.com

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Gosh I don't know the zip code of the airport that we race on . The hotels are five minutes away and there zip is 28352 . The next meet is this coming weekend 19-20th.And super street bike fastest street bike shoot out. With speeds approaching 250 mph.
You can find directions at
www.ECTA-LSR.com

thanks ill check it out

Racer x
September 14th, 2009, 03:25 PM
ok thanks racer x, we need more like you around here... from what i understand it's their intake that really has the restriction and yes ive looked at the area p dyno charts. My ass dyno works ok lets see a comparison between a jetted, podded bike with stock exhaust. My point is the exhaust is a waste of money imho

If you want to do any serious modifications the exhaust is the best place to start. But alone it is not much good. But as a complete package of intake exhaust head porting the stock exhaust is far to restrictive . and heavy. For riding and resale a muzzy wont help. As a matter of face . I still have the muzzy from my 2003 . I put the stock pipes back on and sold it for the same price. The customer did not like the noise.

nate-bama
September 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
If you want to do any serious modifications the exhaust is the best place to start. But alone it is not much good. But as a complete package of intake exhaust head porting the stock exhaust is far to restrictive . and heavy. For riding and resale a muzzy wont help. As a matter of face . I still have the muzzy from my 2003 . I put the stock pipes back on and sold it for the same price. The customer did not like the noise.

well i think the intake is the best way to start $ wise and since it needs done anyways with those 400-500 buck pipes...

anyways my intakes done how much for the pipe?:D

Racer x
September 14th, 2009, 06:51 PM
well i think the intake is the best way to start $ wise and since it needs done anyways with those 400-500 buck pipes...

anyways my intakes done how much for the pipe?:D

$400 bucks on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-MUZZYS-Stainless-Exhaust-System-Kawasaki-Ninja-250_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3a51a20a3eQQitemZ250477 677118QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What did you do to your intake to improve its flow?

ROADandTRACK
September 15th, 2009, 08:02 AM
FYI - you can't do anything to it in most Orgs. as far as the intake goes.

nate-bama
September 15th, 2009, 12:35 PM
umm removing the airbox....

ROADandTRACK
September 15th, 2009, 02:00 PM
LOL, OK!!! Serious mod there. hehehe

nate-bama
September 15th, 2009, 02:47 PM
i do thinks it's a serious mod when compared to stock, if you don't well laugh some more

and i think what i've been talking about lately on the thread i started is getting similar performance with out spending as much money which you must have so, laugh some more

nate-bama
September 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
$400 bucks on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-MUZZYS-Stainless-Exhaust-System-Kawasaki-Ninja-250_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3a51a20a3eQQitemZ250477 677118QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What did you do to your intake to improve its flow?

No i was joking about the one your apparently saving , not the 400 buck one on ebay

Racer x
September 15th, 2009, 03:01 PM
No i was joking about the one your apparently saving , not the 400 buck one on ebay

I am going to use the one I have for another project .But I think I paid about 400 for it.

ROADandTRACK
September 15th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, why the attitude? I thought you were talking about real intake mods. Sorry for the confusion.

Yea, going to pods if jetted right work great and is cheap. Some Orgs. don't let you do that either though.

My bikes don't have alot of $$$ in them so i don't get what your saying.

nate-bama
September 16th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Wow, why the attitude? I thought you were talking about real intake mods. Sorry for the confusion.

Yea, going to pods if jetted right work great and is cheap. Some Orgs. don't let you do that either though.

My bikes don't have alot of $$$ in them so i don't get what your saying.

ok just returning what i thought was a shot, so umm you do have a super looking bike

nate-bama
September 16th, 2009, 03:37 AM
i do consider it a real mod, and the bike thinks so too

also it's a mod that can be done cheaply and doesn't require machine work

ROADandTRACK
September 16th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I guess the confusion is that I only race motorcycles, I don't ride them on the street too often. So I tend to only think about racing and winning.

As a racebike, which I thought this section was discussing, you should get the MUZZY on the older gen.

M4 on the new gen, but the Arie P seems to work great too. I just have no 1st hand experience w/ the AP.

Remember, I'm talking about racebikes and winning roadraces, which I have some experience with.

nate-bama
September 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM
cool, no this thread was started out of curiosity about the 2 in 1 pipes potential.

now i'm just a poor boy who's curious period

nate-bama
September 16th, 2009, 02:12 PM
http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?p=776480#776480

This kids young but he's not dumb..people if you want to flame me here, go ahead but anyone who reponds about what a fool i am i.e. I got a muzzy blah blah area p blah blah if you had your bike jetted when it was done you got no clue what just improving the intake side of this engine does . And if you ride a 250 you probably don't have 1/6 msrp to throw at a hp or two...jets= cheap, pods= cheap($60 or less if you want the foam bull$%@#)..the exhaust= 400-to what 600? Gimmie a break

BYE the way i've seen a dyno run with the the slip on's making comparable power to muzzy or area p..I,m gonna look for it again

nate-bama
September 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM
LOL, OK!!! Serious mod there. hehehe
if it was'nt a "mod" why am i having to run such a big main? It became lean for a reason after taking that stock box off perhaps..but for some strange reason it's still flowing well.

The reason i ask baffle questions is i still have the 112 jets and it hit pretty good on top with them..not as well as the 110 jet with my crappy cast iron...LOL

and i got 115"s maybe if i just took the exhaust off completly i could use them