View Full Version : my spill at the track

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
here's my fun little tumble....

Snake
July 2nd, 2009, 09:34 AM
I'm glad to see that you were able to get back up. How is your body feeling today and how is the bike?

hyo sang
July 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
ouch! looks like your fairng got messed up. u ok?

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 09:37 AM
I took to days off in bed. I couldn't move my neck or right arm/wrist/fingers but i'm able to type again with my right hand so it should be good in a day or 2.....
the bike however is a little worse for wear....i cracked the front, left and left tail plastics...as well as broke the left front turn signal off and the left tank plastic...the alignment is also a little off, but it's ridable at least, just waiting on the signal i ordered in (for $60!!! w tax).

rockNroll
July 2nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Great shots. The bike doesn't look to be real bad off, so that's a good thing... they get much worse than that! I hope you've learnt yer lesson on what happens when you short-cut through grass! :p

Snake
July 2nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Glad to hear that you are getting better.

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
If I don't worry to much about how it looks for the rest of the season. a little patch work and tape will hold her together as long as the alignment thing doesn't turn out to be to big a fix. If I want her to look good as new It'll be about $1500 for what I need...but I haven't tried to buff the scuffs off the tank or rear cowl yet so some painting could be required there.
I also need to bend out the rear foot pegs since they were bent up under the bike, and I need a new shifter peg. It was bent to hell and back, but with a hammer, a long steal pipe, and some muscle I got her twisted back and useable lol. i was able to go for another 2 15min sets before the pain became to much to bare and called it quits.

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
I was lucky, my buddy went down the day before...3 broken ribs, punctured lung, shattered scapula, broken thumb, and a bruise big enough to cover half his face....his bike looks worse, but he was lucky and his frame is ok and alignment is still straight.
I actually managen to make it over the turtles on the track ok...it was a big hole about 15' off the side of the track that my bike hit and stuck in. so I had lost much of my speed...lucky

Broom
July 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
nice landscaping ;)

any idea what happened? you look pretty good in the first pict. i'm assuming that picture isn't related to the crash picture. lean angle is pretty good... were you using stock tires?

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
The first pic was me coming into that turn, I was running the stock IRC's with 3500km of hwy use on them. I went off at turn 5 (it's much sharper then it looks on the map, and shorter before you go into 6). as far as I can guess I went into 4 to tight (should of been farther out to the right when I started my turn) and then because 5 was so quick I couldn't get around quick enought to make it into 6.
The pic is of me in turn 4.

***the blue line is a little slocer to how the track is really done there, kind of a little S before the big turn at 4***

Broom
July 2nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
so did you go in the grass then crash, or just had to tighten up your turn due to the bad line you had and lost the front or something?

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
into the grass, then my front went into a hole and i crashed lol...if it was flat grass i would of been fine :(

CC Cowboy
July 2nd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Hopefully you got the day under your belt before the mishap. I'd hate to think it was on the first lap. You looked good right up to the lawnmower part.

Strider
July 2nd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Glad you were able to get up and get back on!
But sorry your hurting and have to repair your bike...

Get well soon Mike!

gizmogamez
July 2nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Hopefully you got the day under your belt before the mishap. I'd hate to think it was on the first lap. You looked good right up to the lawnmower part.

lol...ummmmm it totally wasn't the first lap....it may of been the second lap on my first run of the morning though :S

I did get out for 2 or 3 more 15min runs though before my wrist got to the point where i couldn't move it at all. And i was lucky it was the 2nd day. so i had the whole first day clean anyways.

Thx guys! I'm hoping to have her good as new as soon as I can find the $$$ :S

noche_caliente
July 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Mike, have you been to the doc for your wrist? You could have some broken bones in there if it was that bad

gizmogamez
July 3rd, 2009, 05:01 AM
yea I went later that night...it all checked out ok. no breaks or fractures....they said i just jamed it up good and so it was bruised and swolen reall bad. I can open the lid on the asprin container myself today so it's getting better.

Nemy
July 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM
damn mike that's a tough break! nice pics though! :rolleyes: Does insurance cover track damage? Cause that might work out cheaper depending on your deductible

Broom
July 4th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Insurance isn't usually a problem unless you're racing. That goes for health insurance too.
Posted via Mobile Device

gizmogamez
July 6th, 2009, 05:03 AM
hey Tim, my insurance said they would cover it, but I want to find out how it will effect my rates before i do claim anything.
Nice thing about being in canada Jon is that all my x-rays and pain killers were free anyways!!! woot lol

Broom
July 6th, 2009, 08:25 AM
i wonder how they handle injuries from racing in canada? do they cover it like everything else or do you have to pay for it yourself?

gizmogamez
July 6th, 2009, 08:41 AM
well, we have universal health care, so any initial treatment I needed was covered free.
if i did need some short term or long term care most if not all would also be covered, but anything that wasn't would be covered my my work benifets.
I did ask my insurance company though, and even if I was hurt on the track they would cover me fully up to $2million in whatever. However if I raced instead of just doing track days, I would have to tell them ahead of time so my premiums cuold be adjusted to fit the risk.

Nickds7
July 10th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Well when all I did was damage all the plastics on one side, the front plastic, and a shift lever... i found it to be much cheaper just to buy everything and take care of it myself.

Under the $500 deductible actually. With no increase in premiums since their was no claim and the dmv didn't give any points (unfortunatly someone decided to call 911 even though I was all good, so a police report was files so I had to report to dmv, but no points :D )

Hope your feeling alright, and post that video :P

Nemy
July 10th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Well when all I did was damage all the plastics on one side, the front plastic, and a shift lever... i found it to be much cheaper just to buy everything and take care of it myself.

can you elaborate? ebay? private source?

Nickds7
July 12th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry for the late response. From mrcycles.com. cheaper than ebay, everyone wants way too much for plastics on ebay for some reason (like $250 for a side cowling).

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=906726&category=Motorcycles&make=KAWASAKI&year=2009&fveh=24913