View Full Version : Wow.. I can't believe I just dropped $300 on a pair of boots...

muffinman
July 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
... I feel sick right now but I know I'll feel better when the package arrives in a few days :D Went into shopping-mode with a goal of purchasing a boot for around $150... one thing led to another and after 2 canceled orders at 2 different vendors, I ended up with SIDI Vertigo Air boots...

Overkill for the street? Probably. I'm hoping to get some track time in this summer and figured this boot would be the best balance between street comfort + track protection.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my excitement (and slight buyer's remorse, for now).. will def. post up some impressions when I get them.

Unfortunately, that also means I have to put up my kevlar Draggin Liners (goes under jeans) for sale to make up the $$$ :mad: Keep an eye out in the classifieds for it.

ShishkaBOMB
July 2nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Not overkill. They are nice boots. You won't regret it. My only regret is that i should have gotten the Vortice! :)

CC Cowboy
July 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
... I feel sick right now but I know I'll feel better when the package arrives in a few days :D Went into shopping-mode with a goal of purchasing a boot for around $150... one thing led to another and after 2 canceled orders at 2 different vendors, I ended up with SIDI Vertigo Air boots...

Overkill for the street? Probably. I'm hoping to get some track time in this summer and figured this boot would be the best balance between street comfort + track protection.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my excitement (and slight buyer's remorse, for now).. will def. post up some impressions when I get them.

Unfortunately, that also means I have to put up my kevlar Draggin Liners (goes under jeans) for sale to make up the $$$ :mad: Keep an eye out in the classifieds for it.

At least you'll have pretty feet to go along with 'NO LEGS". Unless you bought some leathers also (for those trackdays).

Neema12
July 2nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
The black ones look sharp! How to you plan on wearing/storing them around town?

muffinman
July 2nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
At least you'll have pretty feet to go along with 'NO LEGS". Unless you bought some leathers also (for those trackdays).

Hah, true, well I'll be picking up a one-piece before I hit the track. I have riding pants (mesh and kevlar denim) for now.

muffinman
July 2nd, 2009, 03:16 PM
The black ones look sharp! How to you plan on wearing/storing them around town?

Yup, the black ones look great. Not sure yet, depends how comfortable they are to walk around in. I rock Chucks so I'm sure I can stuff those in a tank bag or backpack for the longer walks.

Strider
July 2nd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Those are some bad@ss boots! I don't think you will regret getting them at all :)

Purspeed
July 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Tell me your joking?

You can NEVER spend too much on safety gear. Never.

Flashmonkey
July 2nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
That's nothing...i spent $300 on a pair of gloves...yes GLOVES!! :eek:

kazam58
July 2nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
I spend $300 (with shipping) on a pair of Sidi Vertigo Corsa Boots. I fricken love them. Trust me, once you go riding with them, you'll never regret spending the money. Plus, you know your feet are safe and they'll be perfect for the track. :)

Apex
July 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
They are probably a lot better looking and more comfortable than my cheap $90 boots. :)

Sound Wave
July 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
that is a sweet boot! seems much better than my a* smx5. i am sure you will be happy with them.

muffinman
July 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
that is a sweet boot! seems much better than my a* smx5. i am sure you will be happy with them.

Thanks Gary, the S-MX5 are great boots as well... actually, I was really really close to pulling the trigger on a vented pair of those when I said "f*ck it" and splurged on the Sidi's

a

Nickds7
July 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Thats fine to spend if you already have all the other stuff. I'd prefer a $300 jacket, helmet, or pants first over a pair of riding boots though. Let us know your opinions on them when you have had some miles put on them :)

randomwalk101
July 3rd, 2009, 09:38 PM

Huh? You feel sick?

I bought 2 pairs of Sidi Vortice came out to about $1000 or so. I have 2 houses so I have a pair of everything..one at each place so I don't have to take it with me all the time....yes, two bikes, 2 arai rx7, two boots, 2 dainese jackets, dainese gloves, dainese pants, sidi boots, dainese back protector, dainese knee protector etc...I think total about $6000 in gears...

So, $300 is a deal :thumbup: :D

capt_bugaloo
July 4th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Good boots are not cheap... when new.

I bought a pair of used Alpinestar GP boots (normally about $250-$300) for just $40 used off eBay. At first I thought "Ew, someone's stinky feet have already been in these," but then I looked at the price tag and felt a lot better!

Neema12
July 4th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I bought a pair of used Alpinestar GP boots (normally about $250-$300) for just $40 used off eBay. At first I thought "Ew, someone's stinky feet have already been in these," but then I looked at the price tag and felt a lot better!

I don't feel as bad now :o

I purchased my used boots (A* SMX-5 vented) last week on craigslist for $85 because my budget was low and you guys MADE ME get all good gear :thumbup:

I still haven't ridden in them but they are great looking and seem to offer much more protection that vans/chucks. I'm not sure how I will commute to school/work with them but ill figure that out once I get riding in a few weeks. Glad to hear you got the GP boots, that's a good line of gear from A*. These are my boots
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2009_Alpinestars_S--MX_5_Vented_Boot_Black.jpg

CC Cowboy
July 4th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I don't feel as bad now :o

I purchased my used boots (A* SMX-5 vented) last week on craigslist for $85 because my budget was low and you guys MADE ME get all good gear :thumbup:

I still haven't ridden in them but they are great looking and seem to offer much more protection that vans/chucks. I'm not sure how I will commute to school/work with them but ill figure that out once I get riding in a few weeks. Glad to hear you got the GP boots, that's a good line of gear from A*. These are my boots
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2009_Alpinestars_S--MX_5_Vented_Boot_Black.jpg

Hey, I saw those same boots on the site ride2die.com. Great price, besides that other guy doesn't need them anymore. I bet they cleaned up really well.

sharky nrk
July 4th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Huh? You feel sick?

I bought 2 pairs of Sidi Vortice came out to about $1000 or so. I have 2 houses so I have a pair of everything..one at each place so I don't have to take it with me all the time....yes, two bikes, 2 arai rx7, two boots, 2 dainese jackets, dainese gloves, dainese pants, sidi boots, dainese back protector, dainese knee protector etc...I think total about $6000 in gears...

So, $300 is a deal :thumbup: :D

no offense - but if you can afford two of everything including homes- your gonna get no sympathy from me - that would be most of our desires

to some $300 is a large bill to swallow

CC Cowboy
July 4th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Is that two heads or just one big one?

noche_caliente
July 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Neema - just put your shoes in a backpack or use a bungee net to hold them on the back seat - bikebandit.com has one for just a couple of bucks - I have the SMX4s for the ladies and love them - very comfortable!

Nickds7
July 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Is that two heads or just one big one?

Good question.

miks
July 4th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Vans and Chucks are easy to fold up, just shove them in your bag (I'm assuming you wear a bag to school).

M
July 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
$300 for a pair of boots is quite inexpensive compared to a broken tarsel or ankle. An ER visit will set you back $$$$$.