View Full Version : BRT TIS is Finally here

ztrack157
July 3rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Since I was told any topic dealing with anything that may be sold has to be posted here this is going here instead of in the Farkle or tech section.

These are available for purchase now if you cannot wait. But I would like to test it for a month before hand. It comes pre loaded with two maps. Map one is the standard map and map 2 is supposedly for a more massage engine. However I have been told map one is the best by far no matter what has been done to your bike. The BRT TIS lets you set your own rev limiter (14000 is the maximum reccommended since the stock valve train is rated to 14500). With this you acceleration will improve as well as your top end speed. Overall power gains are sown to be only about 1.5HP but this device which replaces your CDI is really meant to get you more out of the HP you already have. Althoguh a few extra ponies never hurt The TIS comes with a hand control unit to switch between maps if you want and also comes with a programmer for you to play around with. I will have it installed tonight and get some video on it. No road testing for a little while though cause my bike is a little naked right now. Movies to be added in a few not the best quality nor detailed cause I was in a hurry.

ztrack157
July 3rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Vids for CDI Upgrade. NEW vid.

d2GvsiRa7E8

randomwalk101
July 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Bad a$$ replacement. Just got a new CDI installed and don't have that shifting-rpm-when-hot issue anymore so i'll hold off on this a bit...Until I'm itch again (which will be soon i think), I'll order :D

randomwalk101
July 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
This needs to be moved to Tech btw :)

ztrack157
July 3rd, 2009, 09:58 PM
Pretty sure this is warrantied for one year as well by BRT. I'll double check to confirm though.

ztrack157
July 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Doing a better video. ;)

Duvivr6
July 4th, 2009, 12:16 PM
hmm sound interesting! its like a power programmer for Carb bikes?

whats the price range?

ztrack157
July 4th, 2009, 12:58 PM
$330 shipped.

ztrack157
July 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
new vid added.

ztrack157
July 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I don't know if there are many Sacramneto area or Chico area 250 owner on this forum. But I would like to get a group (2 or 3 people) of you together to test this with me. I want to set it up and plug it into each bike and let you do some road riding and acceleration stuff then give me an honest opinion of it. Your lunch and gas money is on me. Also I will give you a discount if you wish to purchase one.

randomwalk101
July 5th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I don't know if there are many Sacramneto area or Chico area 250 owner on this forum. But I would like to get a group (2 or 3 people) of you together to test this with me. I want to set it up and plug it into each bike and let you do some road riding and acceleration stuff then give me an honest opinion of it. Your lunch and gas money is on me. Also I will give you a discount if you wish to purchase one.

Oh chit...I'm moving SF right now!!! :D

ztrack157
July 5th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Are you serious? or Joking. You are welcome to come up and try it out if you wish. Alex you can come to if you like.

randomwalk101
July 5th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Just joking man...CA is in debt right now.. No job (peeps actually on furlough). If I move over there, I'll broke, unemployed and living under the bridge. :D

ztrack157
July 5th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Oh just like what my father in law wants to do.

randomwalk101
July 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
how's the testing going bro?

ztrack157
July 8th, 2009, 09:12 PM
It's going good. I was having an issue with rpms hanging up a little before going back down but then relised I had a loose vaccuum hose (I'm a tard). Runs great and pulls hard I've done a few launches and ran it up for a little under 1/4 mile I wasn't even pushing the bike hard and was hitting 85ish mph. Setting the idle just right takes a little patience 1700-2000 is the best. I may grab a quick video tomorrow but I will definitely have vid on friday after me and tommy
(i916it) get done testing on his street legal bike if all goes well I'll have no need for more testing.

randomwalk101
July 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Cool.. Looking forward to more testing.

Just a suggestion but perhaps you need to trim down on parts to lower pricing? $330 bones is kinda stiff, especially for a 250's owner. heck, like 10 units = cost of the damn bike.
What I'm thinking is pre-set the maps. One for 87 (regular gas) and one for 93 (prem gas) for racing or something. No need for that fancy controller...I mean, once you "set" it, an average person is not going to adjust it over and over again...so he/she will never touch that controller. So as an option, buy it without a controller at a lower price would be nice. If needs be, a controller can be "rented" for a fee (deposit and refund after controller is returned/undamaged) or can be "purchase" if users wants one...or of course, buy the whole package up front for $330 or something....

Just a thought.

ztrack157
July 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Well I cannot do that John. The Tis is a kit. And for the price is an excellent modiication. I am however inking a deal with another company (although I do like BRT). They have to versions one is just adjustable no controller you just turn a know until you get what you want. The Other is a fully programmable one which price will be inline with the BRT TIS. The company is known for making better products than BRT and is their main competitor. BRT makes wonderful products and they are worth the cost especially when looking at the cost of a new oem cdi. The two new models will not be available until late August or early september.

Xuracing
July 9th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Nice. Is it me or the guy says the same thing twice in the video it looks a section again.

ztrack157
July 9th, 2009, 11:49 PM
If I do then I royal jacked up in editing

ztrack157
July 10th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks for catching it. Editing as we speak.