View Full Version : Seattle hot!

zartan
July 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Going out for a Short blast before the 80+ degrees hits today. YIKES we are melting. not used to it. But better then the rain for sure!!

Amazing summer weather here :) nice treat after the crappy winter. Happy 4th!

richierich781
July 4th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I'm not used to it either but I'm loving it. I haven't driven my car for a month and half. Happy 4th!
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGoodLyfe
July 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Can't get enough of the heat since I'm originally a Californian! Happy 4th all and be safe with those fireworks ;)

almost40
July 4th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Cry me a river.
80 and its hot?? Here in flyover country 80 is beautiful. It was mid 90's not long ago with a heat index in the 105 area. Gota love that hot and humid air.

zartan
July 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Just sharing that we are having unseasonally warm weather. !! a welcome change. I am sure it is hotter in other places but we sure are not used to it !!!
Posted via Mobile Device

almost40
July 4th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Just be happy we dont live in Texas.
100's plus that humidity

zartan
July 4th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Not only sunny but met a new ninja friend and her husband!! Waved went back and we introduced ourselves! Fun couple Katie and Chris. Chris rides a VMAX and Katie is a newbie Ninjette owner :) road Ben Howard with them and will ride again hopefully soon!

Seattle area : Roll call

Zartan and Throttle Rocket

sign in ....Tacoma too!

oh and turned 3000 + today !
Here are a couple of picts of our new ninjette friends!

Snake
July 4th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I got you beat Zartan. It has been 100 deg. for the past wwek.

BlueRaven
July 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM
So that's were santa goes for the summer

zartan
July 4th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Hey Seattle area and around roll call.
Zartan
Throttle rocket

dakkerz
July 4th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I would love 80º weather. When I took my MSF a few weeks ago it was 95º (105 heat index). Needless to say half the class got mild heat stroke even while chugging loads of water.

Then again I guess for WA 80+ is uncomfortable.

komohana
July 5th, 2009, 01:18 AM
good vibes! :thumbup:
love meeting people on the fly like that too zartan

enjoy! :ride:

nate-bama
July 5th, 2009, 05:09 AM
umm went to high school at north thurston in olympia...dont much miss the rain

beowuff
July 6th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hm, What? Oh, roll call... Um Redmond here :P

elars
July 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I just finished my MSF course in that heat. Took it July 1st and 2nd. Gonna get my endorsement when I'm off work later this week and go buy a Ninja within the next two weeks. I live in Bellevue currently, but I've lived in Tacoma and Seattle as well. I'll be riding all over the place, from Ocean Shores up to Bellingham and into the mountains on either side. Just wanna go for the ride. PNWRiders.com has a more localized board, and for the most part, everyone there is accepting of anyone who rides, regardless of what. Lots of weekly meet-up places and dates posted there.

I was sweatting balls out in that, got burnt to hell through the clear visor, but every last bit of sweltering delicious heat was well worth it.

It's back to being cloudy and cooler today. I'll take anything but downpour or that wicked snow we had last Winter. o.o

All this "you think that's bad" stuff is dumb. Can't complain about where I live, or if I did, I'd move. If you don't like your weather extremes, move, if you just wanna compare apples and oranges, I could care less ;)

beowuff
July 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM
PNWRiders.com has a more localized board, and for the most part, everyone there is accepting of anyone who rides, regardless of what. Lots of weekly meet-up places and dates posted there.

I've been to a few pnwriders.com meetings. They are all nice people at the meet ups. It's also fun because there are a huge variety of bikes that show up. You get to see a little bit of everything.

However, I stopped riding with them because I found a high percentage of them to be squidly. Also, I got tired of the chatter on their forum. Seems like half of the posts are asking for the few girls on the board for their personal numbers. There are good posts, but the noise ratio is really high.

Suey250
July 7th, 2009, 10:40 PM
The 4th was hot ! Anyways Tacoma here.

richierich781
July 7th, 2009, 10:52 PM
weather changed dramatically in the last two days. i thought i was getting pelted with hail (might have been rain) on the way home tonight. i was riding with my tinted visor up and clear glasses on, all of a sudden i was feeling stuff hit my cheeks. by the way Tacoma/puyallup here.

zartan
July 7th, 2009, 11:11 PM
yea like a 25 degree difference !
And the damn air conditioner was on at the office. oh brother.
we are delicate flowers for sure ha!
But we love it here :)!!

I live in the foothills and oh my goat on a clear day. wow!

You know ? when we say "the mountians are out!!"

zartan
July 7th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Also!! WARNING!!

Western WA folks.
Hwy 2 east

If you are going over the pass to E WA. The highway between Monroe and Sultan is a freakin grooved highway paving mess.

Just got my STI aligned a few weeks ago..grrr! But it will be nice when done. JUST BE AWARE

Apex
July 8th, 2009, 05:29 AM
I got you beat Zartan. It has been 100 deg. for the past wwek.
Its been 100* around here for the past month or so down here in Houston. At least we finally got some rain the other day.

elars
July 8th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I've been to a few pnwriders.com meetings. They are all nice people at the meet ups. It's also fun because there are a huge variety of bikes that show up. You get to see a little bit of everything.

However, I stopped riding with them because I found a high percentage of them to be squidly. Also, I got tired of the chatter on their forum. Seems like half of the posts are asking for the few girls on the board for their personal numbers. There are good posts, but the noise ratio is really high.

ehh, yeah I guess if you're on that end of the spectrum it causes a problem ;) Most of the bike nights are places to hang out, on the ride postings, from reading them I can tell when they're gonna be squidly or not, or depending on who it's coming from, you can tell ;p

Sounds like we have enough people around here to start some rides that aren't so squidly, haha.

Ninjaboi57
July 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Rollcall:::
Kent here!!

richierich781
July 10th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Welcome. Add yourselves on the member map if u haven't already =)
Posted via Mobile Device

rinachandayo
July 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
:D Redmond over here, Yeah! I went on a ride on friday, the 3rd and it was HOT!
But I put on 200 miles that day it felt great :)

It's getting pretty hot again this weekend too YES!!!

zartan
July 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
REPOSTING this...5-7 miles of shaved grooved highway take alt. routes...
Western WA folks.
WARNING!! Sultan Shindig and A.B.A.T.E. BIKE SHOW Sunday
If you are going over the pass on Highway 2

The highway between Monroe and Sultan is a freakin grooved highway paving mess.

Hwy 2 east

Just got my STI aligned a few weeks ago..grrr! But it will be nice when done. JUST BE AWARE

Ninjaboi57
July 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Who in the area is down to ride around sat or sun??

pingpong
August 19th, 2009, 09:17 PM
kinda late but yeah seattle here..