View Full Version : GI: 2005 Ninja 250. 7000 miles.

Obsidian
July 6th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Do you guys think I could get 2,000 for this bike with the gear or shoud I ask for more/less?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/obsidian/SANY0540.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/obsidian/SANY0542.jpg

The fairings are cracked a bit but they are hardly noticable and don't move.

I have no performance mods other than a 15t front sprocket.

I painted the cans but those can easily be replaced. They are still fully functional.

Mods off hand are:
15t sprocket
Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen
SV650 rear shock
Asian Cycles flush turn signals
Rear panel delete.
De-uglystickerfied
Tank guard sticker thing

Gear will be:
Scorpion Hattrick jacket with winter and rain coat liners.
Bell Zephyr helmet with tinted screen
HJC CL14 or something another. Flat black with a clear screen.
Olympia leather gloves.

Helmets and Gloves are size Medium.
Jacket is size XL... no I never did grow into it. lol.

So, what do you guys think? Please honest opinions.

-Brandon

Verus Cidere
July 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
You might be able to get $2000 for it, but I wouldn't expect it. I got my '07 with less than 2000 miles on it for $1900. You have quite a bit more on your bike though, so it is possible. Why not ask for $2300 OBO? That would give you a bit of room, but also let people give you offers and not immediately go somewhere else. Just my idea. Good luck on the sale!

P.S. Why sell the bike, just because I'm curious?

Obsidian
July 7th, 2009, 09:31 AM
After going over why I bought it and the cost to date, it has weighed against me. Plus, I have a family and there are a LOT of idiot cagers around here who just don't care. All the gear in the world isn't going to save me from some of the **** these people do.

Plus, I made a post not too long ago about knee pain. I just saw the doctor about it and he confirmed that the riding position and length of time has helped tear my knees up a bit.

I bought the bike to be a cheap way of transport to/from work. Work is 40 miles away and about 1 hour. Gas is roughly double of the car 55-60 vs. 27-29. So it saves money in that sense, but the car goes longer on parts, is safer, is more comfortable, and can hold a lot more of my gear.

The extra 10 bucks a fill up isn't adding up for everything I'm losing. I'll ride again someday, but not now.

I've seen about 4-6 250's with less mileage but going for much more. I'm offering the gear with it so I figured I should easily get 2k for it. But I do greatly appreciate the response.

Again, this is just general interests. Not saying i am going to sell, but it is definately on the mind.

Snake
July 7th, 2009, 09:35 AM
With the gear I think you can easily get $2,000. Like versus Cidre said ask for a higher price so people can talk you down tou your original price.

Obsidian
July 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I would love to have some more replies to this. I'm really on the fence about the bike here....

coondog
February 11th, 2011, 08:16 PM
With the gear I think you can easily get $2,000. Like versus Cidre said ask for a higher price so people can talk you down tou your original price.

well heres another plus one.