View Full Version : Irvine, Ca riders?

davelhunter
July 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I just relocated to Irvine, Ca. I am looking for some people to ride with since I don't know a single person here. If anyone wants to ride in the OC area hit me up. Davelhunter@aol.com

kkim
July 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM
check out this thread.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20314

welcome to the forum, Dave.
:)

davelhunter
July 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks!

kkim
July 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
happy riding!
:)

liltenatattoo
July 8th, 2009, 05:52 PM
where did you move from? i'm thinking of moving to that area in the near future, but i feel bad leaving all my family behind, and very scared to move some where where i don't know a single person either. i have like 2 friends out there, not even sure what part of that area i could afford. let me know how you like it so far.

ninjabrewer
July 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the crazy house, right now I am in Cypress till around Nov. time frame. There is a group riding ACH this sunday.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22596

nb

davelhunter
July 8th, 2009, 09:25 PM
liltenatattoo,
I have only been here about 2 weeks. My obsevations so far are the following: I know it is rated one of the best places to live in California, good schools, etc., but to me it is a family oriented town. Good place to raise kids, etc., but not that much fun for a young guy. It is a lot different mentality than where I grew up in New Jersey and also a lot different than Miami which is where I lived before moving to California. The cops seem to have nothing to do but pull people over for nothing. I have been pulled over 3 times in less than 2 weeks for things like the color of my turn signal bulbs & the "color temperature" of my HID headlights. I have an aftermarket exhaust on my bike and everyone seems to stare at the noise and it isn't even that loud. So far a lot of the people I have met here seem like they have lived in a bubble. I like Socal in General and have a lot of friends in other parts of the OC from college, but Irvine seems a little quirky to me. Just my personal observation, which may change since I have only been here for about 2 weeks.

Anhimal
July 8th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Irvine and Newport Beach tend to be higher income cities and thus the cops there crack down more on the "fun" stuff. Don't go riding in Huntington Beach either, the cops there hate bikers. Try the canyons, you get away with so much more stuff.

vietboiz12345
June 14th, 2010, 11:57 PM
irvine/ OC is such a great place to ride.
i like the fwy off the 605S connecting to the 405 :)