View Full Version : Nature just kicked the crap out of my vehicles.

MrTiddles
July 8th, 2009, 09:56 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-jgRXY0tLNI/SlVbvcPwWqI/AAAAAAAABl8/xFQH5Qc0U1M/s576/IMG_1442.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/sethduncan/TheStormOfApocalypse# <- rest of the pics

2.5 - 3" hail, for TWENTY minutes. I've NEVER seen hail last that long. My wife was stuck in her car bawling as nearly every window broke out, and she covered herself with whatever she had to keep the glass and golf-ball-hail from hurting her. Terrible stuff man.

The bike took two holes punched in it, and the tank is beat up pretty good. Had it half under an awning, but the hail fell at an odd angle and took it out anyway. Had full coverage on the bike. Not on the cars :-/

kkim
July 8th, 2009, 10:09 PM
:(

stay safe.

miks
July 8th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Holy crap, thats some crazy ass weather. Hows the wife?

MrTiddles
July 8th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Wife is shaken up, but ok. Small cuts on her foot from the glass getting in her shoes. Just got out of the shower washing small bits of glass from her hair. Emotionally traumatized but she'll be ok. She's a Marriage & Family Therapist, after all. :-D

miks
July 8th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Thats good to hear. So is theres going to be a pretty big repair bill for both the car and bike?

MrTiddles
July 9th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Looks like. Insurance agent's phone keeps giving me the busy signal lol. I'll keep you posted heh.

Snake
July 9th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Wow thats crazy. Glad to hear that everyone is allright.

BlueRaven
July 9th, 2009, 06:17 AM
holly crap!!! we were supposed to get a bad storm like that last week but it was diverted and just bypassed us on the ocean. I was scared of what my new vehicle was gonna look like after the storm with the hail and all but i guess my prayers were answered.

Broom
July 9th, 2009, 07:46 AM
we got some decent hail in dallas last night too. not quite as bad as you guys, but my buddies car got beat up pretty bad.

it didn't even rain at my house in north dallas... weird.

BlueTyke
July 9th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Wow glad everyone is okay!

noche_caliente
July 9th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the damage. I'm glad everyone is ok. And on the bright side, at least at twister didn't come with it at your place
Posted via Mobile Device

paterick4o8
July 9th, 2009, 08:51 AM
sorry to hear man, but glad you're alright

MrTiddles
July 9th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah everyone is ok and apparently we forgot to drop the insurance plan on the wife's car to liability only, so she's covered. My bike is too, but the Maxima isn't. No worries. Maybe get a new bike paint job out of it.

Lived in KS my whole life, never seen it hail for twenty minutes solid. Crazy.

Rayme
July 9th, 2009, 11:12 AM
straight out of a movie ! jeez! I hope everything goes well with insurance people.

Nemy
July 9th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Ouch! Sorry to hear about this Seth but it's good that everyone's alright - the rest can be replaced.

I lol'd, though, at the guy cleaning up in his gear. Was that you?!

MrTiddles
July 10th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Haha, no, that was my buddy who came over to help me clean up.

patw
July 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Imagine if you would have been riding out in that :(

MrTiddles
July 10th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Man, I would've pulled into someone's driveway.

OK

Estimate for repairs is:

*drumroll*

$1848.86

Parts & Labor. If I do it myself, ignore the cracked gauge-surround, and ignore the decals, I can save myself enough to get the bike repainted (even though the plastics come pre-painted) and maybe go for a paintjob similar to:

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/675-SE-1a.jpg

AnarchoMoltov
July 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Find the parts cheap, fix it yourself, and pocket the CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarod
July 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Holy cow, Glad to hear everyone is alright.
I'm sorry to see the damage it did to your bike and cars, If something like this happened here, I'd be in similar shape, both cars are outside, but my bike is inside (too much junk in garage for a car to fit lol)
Hope all goes well with insurance and getting everything fixed.

Tom

MrTiddles
July 12th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks again guys. I'm out of town for two weeks on a tour with my band. I'll update you guys when I get back.

Alex
July 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Have fun! :thumbup: :p

tjkamper
July 13th, 2009, 10:25 AM
yeah, Fix it yourself once you get the insurance check. and use the cash to fix your wifes car. Man I am glad I have never been caught in something like that.