View Full Version : PHX and Valley of the Sun

laughrey
July 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
How hot does it have to get to keep you from riding out of fear of damaging the bike. I just started riding here and get worried when it is above 100F.

Alex
July 10th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I think as long as the bike is moving, there isn't a reasonable ambient temp that would be hot enough to damage it. Even at 115 degrees out, the bike will work fine and its own engine temp will still be well within its limits. But if it is uber-hot out and you find yourself in really slow stop & go traffic, I can see where there may not be enough airflow to the radiator to keep the engine happy and healthy. But at that point the rider probably wouldn't be either.

kkim
July 10th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Also, if you regularly ride in 105*+ weather, consider changing to a 50W engine oil vs a 40W.

laughrey
July 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Can any one in the Phoenix area recommend a good route for a beginner? I don't know if I am ready for the Salt River Canyon but would like to challenge myself beyond normal commuter riding (straight lines).

Joey250rider
September 5th, 2009, 02:58 AM
i ride every single day. hot or cold. its never too hot in scottsdale to ride, 115+ heh heh

Joey250rider
September 5th, 2009, 03:00 AM
i would try bartlet lake drive its nice and fun. Or i would try the Saguaro lake/Salt river reservoir road, anywhere up hwy 87 is way fun too

DarkNinja52
July 26th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the PHX area, anyone want to go riding? I don't know the area too well.

fishdip
August 14th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the PHX area, anyone want to go riding? I don't know the area too well.

What part?

fishdip
August 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM
How hot does it have to get to keep you from riding out of fear of damaging the bike. I just started riding here and get worried when it is above 100F.

I went riding on the hottest day they have had since I got to az 120 and even setting in stop and go traffic the bike only hit the middle of the temp range normal its only 1/4th of the way.

DarkNinja52
August 15th, 2013, 11:51 PM
I live in Mesa, it looks like parts of apache junction are good spots right?

fishdip
August 16th, 2013, 08:03 AM
I live in Mesa, it looks like parts of apache junction are good spots right?

No idea been looking at the area on Google maps and it looks fun tell it turns to dirt.

FNG
November 23rd, 2013, 12:49 AM

Hey there. I'm in Tempe, but I'm from the southern tier (upstate New York). Welcome to the Valley of the Sun! How are you liking your time here?

xPsychoBlissx
December 1st, 2013, 08:10 AM
Any Phoenix riders still active on here? I ride a Hyosung GT250R, but I'm gonna go up to either Bartlett Lake or McDowell mountain on Monday or Tuesday morning.

I'm also starting up a small displacement sport bike riding group called the Quarter Liter Killas (the name us very tongue-in-cheek lol). So far there's a few Ninja 300 riders, and a couple CBR250R riders.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=238127346345071&refid=5

Please join if you'd ever like to meet up and ride!

FNG
December 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Hey, psycho, I'd love to go but my clutch is shot. I'm behind the eight ball trying to figure out how to fix it and afford to have it fixed. As soon as I'm up and running I will definitely join.

csmith12
December 1st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Hey FNG, I like you mang. Let's just put you in the "unique" column and keep posting brah.

:pop2:

xPsychoBlissx
December 2nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
Hey, psycho, I'd love to go but my clutch is shot. I'm behind the eight ball trying to figure out how to fix it and afford to have it fixed. As soon as I'm up and running I will definitely join.

Cool, definitely hit me up some time!