View Full Version : Fieldsheer High Flow 2 Mesh Jacket, Now Only $75

kkim
July 14th, 2009, 11:51 AM
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/mesh_jackets_and_pants/fieldsheer/high_flow_2_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html

camaroz1985
July 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I just got the email. The hi-vis one is very tempting, but I don't need it (I have to keep telling myself that).

kkim
July 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
lol... I have a hi vis one on the way. :D

Duvivr6
July 14th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I want a red one no medium :(

Grn99Kawi
July 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I was very close to ordering one... but by the time I get it and ride again (after we get back from vacation) I'll only be using it for like 2 weeks.. I'll stick with my textile until next summer...

kkim
July 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM
fortunately, my riding season doesn't end for the next 12 months and then it starts all over again. :D

divingtigger
July 15th, 2009, 05:36 AM
What colour should I get? I have a green 250. Any ideas on how to figure out sizing? I'm a medium in Joe Rocket, but my brother in laws medium jacket doesn't fit me (don't remember the brand but it was too small)

camaroz1985
July 15th, 2009, 07:08 AM
What colour should I get? I have a green 250. Any ideas on how to figure out sizing? I'm a medium in Joe Rocket, but my brother in laws medium jacket doesn't fit me (don't remember the brand but it was too small)

Hi-vis no matter what color bike you have.

fortunately, my riding season doesn't end for the next 12 months and then it starts all over again. :D

You always have to rub that in :mad:

tjkamper
July 15th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Kelly your tempting those of us on a budget to overspend. HE HE HE!!!!

Great Deal, but I wanted "BLUE" (the sexiest color) and they don't have my size right now.

Grn99Kawi
July 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
screw it.. I bought a large.. silver and black to match my helmet.. dont want colors married to a bike....

so I spent more money I shouldn't have.. but at least I wont be sweatin for the rest of teh summer in my textile...

istreefitty
July 16th, 2009, 12:32 AM
any one recommend some good summer gloves for a first timer?

komohana
July 16th, 2009, 12:44 AM
if they still have a blue one next friday....i'm on it! ..er, IN it!

Nickds7
July 16th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Oh so tempting. I already have a mesh alpinestars stunt1 jacket. How protective is this thing? I see a lot more mesh than the thick textile

-Although probably would be more comfortable. 110 today, 112 tomorrow. :'(

noche_caliente
July 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Michael - I'm sure I'll be labeled an irresponsible stunter ( :rotflmao: ) for my gear choice, but I just picked up a pair of icon pursuit gloves from newenough and LOVE them! It's like not even wearing gloves - they're great!

bogdanb
July 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I shouldn't read the thread. Now I am about to buy something I do not really need.
Normally I fit in size European size "M" . According the chart I'm between XS and S. Why?

P.S. Pity that ICON don't have dealers in Europa.

adouglas
July 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM
According to the WebBikeWorld review of FS gear, they run really large.

I just received my size S neon yellow jacket and it's a heck of a deal. I wear a size 40S suit jacket (don't know the Euro equivalent, sorry), which is usually an M and the S Fieldsheer fits me fine. Just snug enough.

My challenge is that I'm short but broad-shouldered. Most stuff that fits me across the shoulders has sleeves and (especially) a waist that is way too long.

It's such a good deal that I'm thinking of getting a second one in red for weekend rides in the country when I don't necessarily want to go with the screaming AAAGGHH MY EYES!!!!! look.

(Also, fluorescent fabric doesn't last all that long. The dyes fade fast. Nature of the beast.)

Grn99Kawi
July 31st, 2009, 01:13 PM
ok.. check this out.. got one about a week and a half ago.. the threads were 'uncut' all over the place.. so there were threads hanging 2-4 inches away from the seams... I called NE.. they were awesome.. sent another one to me.. its the same thing...

anyone else have this problem?

adouglas
July 31st, 2009, 01:19 PM
As long as the seams themselves are solid, why worry about it? Snip them or take a lighter and burn 'em off if you want to seal the thread.

For the price, it's an awesome jacket.

kkim
July 31st, 2009, 01:22 PM
ok.. check this out.. got one about a week and a half ago.. the threads were 'uncut' all over the place.. so there were threads hanging 2-4 inches away from the seams... I called NE.. they were awesome.. sent another one to me.. its the same thing...

anyone else have this problem?

I'll have to inspect mine closer, but I didn't notice this. as adouglas said, it's not an issue if the seams themselves are sewn shut, but still... makes you wonder. I also agree... Awesome jacket for the price.

Grn99Kawi
July 31st, 2009, 03:33 PM
NewEnough is awesome.. I spoke to them and they checked their warehouse and found some similar to mine.. told me to cut them and that they would be fine.. if it causes a problem they will take care of it. that's why I only buy there to be honest.. the prices are great but the service is excellent.

Just got back from Florida today (where people ride with no gear and no helmets!).. maybe take a ride this weekend now that I am home and try the jacket out.

kkim I'd be curious to see how yours is.

kkim
July 31st, 2009, 03:43 PM
kkim I'd be curious to see how yours is.

I'll need to check when i get home... at work at the moment. In the mean time, if you can snap a pic of what you're talking about that would help me a lot. :)

wellcraft
May 26th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Does any of you gays have an update about this jacket?
I'm very in terested in getting a summer jacket and my leather icon is getting hot already

adouglas
May 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I did wind up getting a second one and both have held up well.

This season I've graduated to a fully perforated leather jacket, not because I was unhappy with the Fieldsheer, but because I got a slammin' deal at Cycle Gear on their house-brand leather jacket at the end of last season.

The Fieldsheer is now a backup.

IndyTwoFiddy
May 29th, 2011, 05:51 PM
very nice!!

Reddoak
May 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Just got back from Florida today (where people ride with no gear and no helmets!).. maybe take a ride this weekend now that I am home and try the jacket out...
Hey! Not all of us! I even got gear for my son to ride with me. And make him wear it, even when it's blazing hot.

Mesh is the only way to go in the summer, here... and $75 is a great price.

dma
June 1st, 2011, 12:34 AM
I picked up this jacket as well... I must say I was very pleased with the overall look and feel of the jacket.

I am 5'7, 140lb and a size Small was an excellent, fitted size for me.

My jacket did come with frayed threads in random spots as well... must be a Fieldsheer issue :confused: I took a lighter and burned off the loose threads, wasn't a big issue