View Full Version : Gen II Quarter-Cours...?

abyssdncr
July 15th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Anyone got the wild hair to make a Gen II Quarter-Cours?

It looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to fab up some mounts for some Givi E21 Sidebags.

Wifey isn't at all thrilled with the idea, but I'm definitely toying with the notion.

Use the two rear bolts under the pillion pad, two bolts under the fender, and tie in to the passenger peg mounts. Little bit of 1/2" round steel tubing and some 1" flat bar...

Shouldn't be too hard right?

Alex
July 15th, 2009, 10:30 PM
At this point it would be more like a 1/6th Concours, right? (now that the concours is 1400cc)

Here's what one new gen owner did to put a hard case on his bike:

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Caribou_hard_luggage

noche_caliente
July 16th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I don't have hard cases, but I do have the cortech sport tri-bag system and am rather fond of it :)

Sailariel
July 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I don't have hard cases, but I do have the cortech sport tri-bag system and am rather fond of it :)

I went to the Wal-Mart website and found saddlebags, a tail bag, and tank bag, all for $127. Same bags are available at V.I.P. Auto. The tank bag is used all the time and has some signs of wear after a year`s use. The saddle bags and tail bag only see ocassional use when I travel. I think that they are a good value.

abyssdncr
July 16th, 2009, 09:25 PM
At this point it would be more like a 1/6th Concours, right? (now that the concours is 1400cc)

Yeah, I guess it would... :rolleyes: What was I thinking... :D

Not sure I'm ready to order the E21s just yet, but having them around would help with fitment and fabbing. Pretty sure the E45 will work in the mean time though. I'll try to pick up some materials this weekend and see what I can come up with...

Finder
August 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Did you ever finish this project? I was thinking the same thing. I have a set of e21n cases from my Dakar that I would love to be able to mount up on the 250. The problem was always the mount points. I believe the rear signals are mounted to a plate welded to the rear subframe, but I haven't really dug around that much to be sure. That with the rear pegs and a cross brace of some sort should be sufficient I'm hoping. If I can get this done, it would make an excellent touring platform for when I don't want to lug around the FJR!

Finder
August 2nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
And another option I'm toying around with is ordering up another rear seat. I can bolt the tubing to the seat, with an additional mount point to the rear pegs. Quickly detachable, and it'll also give me space to mount a Givi top plate.

kkim
August 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-250r/105600-givi-look-alike-trunk-mod.html