View Full Version : element fast track Bluetooth helmet

istreefitty
July 16th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Any one got a friend or a friend of a friend that has this?? Does it work well?? thanks.

Alex
July 16th, 2009, 12:20 PM
/moved to General, nothing is for sale

billmi
July 16th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I don't but I saw one listed at $269, which is a pretty impressive price.

I paid about $250 for a pair of SCALA Rider Q2 sets, and love them. Rider to rider, the bluetooth connection is static-free. The noise canceling is clear enough that people usually don't even realize anything unusual when they call. The FM radio is a nice plus as well, having music without having to futz with an MP3 player. Given my experience so far, I think I'm more likely to move my Q2 to my next helmet or a next generation of the Scala Rider rather than get a helmet with integrated Bluetooth. Even if it all worked as well in the integrated helmet, I like that the Q2's electronics pod pops right off of its mount so that my helmet can stay in the garage, and the pod can come inside to go on the charger.

kkim
July 16th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Michael,

As a new rider, I'd suggest you not have anything like that for awhile so you can keep 100% of your attention on the road. Gain some experience before allowing your attention to drift from the task at hand... which is to stay alive on a bike, especially with the horrible drivers on Oahu.

Guztack
July 16th, 2009, 04:24 PM
i bought this helmet about a month ago and i gotta say its pretty nice. fits well and the bluetooth works great. i dunno if its my phone but i can't control the volume. its set to a decent level (fortunatelly) still can hear the wind louder than the music when on the highway. also it covers the bottom of the helmet so the wind hitting your chest doesn't flow to ur face (inside the helmet) but this causes some fog when u don't have speed.
Like Kelly said: get some riding experiences before starts using bluetooth phone/music.