View Full Version : Lowside on a straight road, in front of a cop.

Nickds7
July 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Pretty sucky. I assume he was probably doing a wheelie and braked hard when he saw the cop, got a tank slapper. Good timesss.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/07/15/vo.or.motorcycle.accident.dashcam

noche_caliente
July 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM
it's because it was a green one. How can you make any assumptions about what happened though? all you can see is the bike flying by the cop on the ground with the rider tumbling after.

ninjabrewer
July 18th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I saw that on CNN the other night. I was amazed the he got up and starting walking toward his bike. Looks like he is wearing jeans.

nb

Snake
July 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Wow he is lucky that he was able to get up that quickly after taking a tumble like that.

Nickds7
July 18th, 2009, 06:27 PM
it's because it was a green one. How can you make any assumptions about what happened though? all you can see is the bike flying by the cop on the ground with the rider tumbling after.

Doubt it was a coincidence he happened to down his bike right before a cop.

noche_caliente
July 18th, 2009, 06:59 PM
oh, so you were there and saw exactly what happened were you? The poor guy has it bad enough that this happened, and it's been shown across the country and now in youtube infamy - do you really have to make it worse by making up what you think might have happened without any proof?

Nickds7
July 18th, 2009, 07:15 PM
oh, so you were there and saw exactly what happened were you? The poor guy has it bad enough that this happened, and it's been shown across the country and now in youtube infamy - do you really have to make it worse by making up what you think might have happened without any proof?

I said that it was an assumption http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption
I also used the word probably: adv. Most likely; presumably.

Sorry that you get heated at a comment.

noche_caliente
July 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
You know what they say when you ASSume... you have no basis on which to make that assumption - I don't get heated at comments, I get heated at ignorant comments that have no basis in reality

for all you know, the car that went flying past just before he did cut him off or clipped the front of the bike causing him to go down - there have been many stories of just such an accident happening to folks. Seeing only the aftermath doesn't tell you what happened at all - any one of us can make a million poor assumptions about what happened, and more than likely, none of them will be true - but they do continue to tarnish the reputation of that poor rider. We should just be thankful that he seems ok and was able to walk after it happened.

capt_bugaloo
July 18th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Wow. You Ninja riders sure do get worked up easily...

Alex
July 18th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Well, as there were no cars going by a few seconds before and a few seconds after, it's a darned good assumption that he put that bike on the ground without any help from another vehicle. If there were another one close enough to clip him, it would have come into frame as well. Clear visibility, straight road, bright sunny day, it's unlikely that road conditions or anything else had any bearing either. While one may be making assumptions about the situation (heck, we're assuming the whole thing isn't CGI, right?), I'd put good money on those assumptions, and I'd venture most other reasonable folks would as well. He panicked, locked the front brake, and rolled past the cop trailing his bike exactly as we saw...

Glad he's OK. The dumbass needs to learn how to ride a bike.

Cedilla
July 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I can understand freaking out when you see a cop. I got my first ever speeding ticket yesterday, I was coming out of a corner going 75 in a 40 and now, I slam on the brakes every time I see anything that remotely looks like a cop car.

backinthesaddleagain
July 19th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I can understand freaking out when you see a cop. I got my first ever speeding ticket yesterday, I was coming out of a corner going 75 in a 40 and now, I slam on the brakes every time I see anything that remotely looks like a cop car.

which today includes dodge chargers.

mike_sema
July 19th, 2009, 09:00 PM
and a dame corrola